+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after AOR

gpreet39

Oct 27, 2020
Hello @LucasV0 , Hope all going well.
I just want to know what proofs did you submit to prove your common law relationship? (How many and Which)

I am collecting proof for my file

LucasV0

Star Member
Sep 23, 2020
Hello @LucasV0 , Hope all going well.
I just want to know what proofs did you submit to prove your common law relationship? (How many and Which)

I am collecting proof for my file
My case is marriage not common law.
1/ 15 pic of building the relationship: any pics which you took together on some occasions.
2/ 15 pic of wedding photo
3/ Bank Statement and drive license show the same address.

rupakh

May 8, 2021
Hi everyone, please can you help me with my doubts:

I have applied for PR and it is in post AOR stage. It is an FSW-O application.

I got married on 22nd April 2021. After we got married, I informed IRCC via web form to add my wife to my application.

AOR - 17th April 2020.

1. In the add on request, they have mentioned the following - "a copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship"

Do I need to submit my wife's birth certificate? It is not in English and it is difficult to get it translated to English during lockdown. Official IRCC site says it is needed only for children. I am quite worried about this.

Here is where I read it: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

2. Which forms do we need to fill? We got these forms in the mail:

A new Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008),
(If applicable) A new Schedule A - Background/Declaration Form (IMM 5669),
(If applicable) A new Additional Dependants/Declaration Form (IMM 0008DEP)

IMM 0008 should ONLY be filled by the primary applicant i.e. only I have to fill it - is this correct?
IMM 5669 needs to be filled by BOTH of us SEPARATELY - is this also correct?
IMM 0008 DEP needs to be filled if there are more than 5 dependents - this form is NOT to be filled by us - is this also correct?

3. They have NOT asked for my wife's police clearance certificates in this mail. We will anyhow submit it with the marriage certificate and LOE, is that fine?

4. Do we have to make the payment now to add my wife in my application? Or is it later?

5. They have mentioned the following in the mail - "To add a person to your application, we invite you to complete the following forms and mail them to the Case Processing Centre in Edmonton, Alberta" - do we really need to physically fill the forms and mail the forms by post to CPC Edmonton or will submissions thru web form be okay? My application is entirely online.

6. Will they create placeholders in my IRCC account to submit the marriage certificate and LOE or do we have to submit it via webform only?

Please will you all be so kind as to help me with all these doubts. I have already searched the group for these answers but I am still confused.

Thank you all for your time and be safe.

salviabu21

Nov 6, 2019
Hello,

I have recently got married post Aor and wish to inform IRCC about the change. What is the process and what all details are to be included when informing the same?

Mfoniso Urua

Jul 4, 2020
Hello,

I have recently got married post Aor and wish to inform IRCC about the change. What is the process and what all details are to be included when informing the same?
Call them and tell them that you have married and you want to add your spouse. They will then send you the required form to fill via email and other documents to submit alongside such as Marriage certificate, Spouse Birth certificate.

You can also drop a message via Webform but now that it takes one whole month to respond through webform, I advise you to call.

In my case, I submitted Webform and called. They sent me the documents after as soon as the call was over. But the webform response came after I have long submitted the documents to them. I advise you to call ASAP so as not to experience any delay.

salviabu21

Nov 6, 2019
Call them and tell them that you have married and you want to add your spouse. They will then send you the required form to fill via email and other documents to submit alongside such as Marriage certificate, Spouse Birth certificate.

You can also drop a message via Webform but now that it takes one whole month to respond through webform, I advise you to call.

In my case, I submitted Webform and called. They sent me the documents after as soon as the call was over. But the webform response came after I have long submitted the documents to them. I advise you to call ASAP so as not to experience any delay.
Not sure if i can call them from India, the number isn't accessible outside Canada isnt it?

Any thoughts?

Syed Areeb

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
Karachi, Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-10-2019
I am an Electronics Engineer with my masters in Project management. I have never worked in sensitive areas like pure military, nor i am trained in explosives, nuclear technology, intelligence etc. My organization is civilian government engineering organization. But i guess they had put me in enhanced security. When do you think i should order my CBSA notes? I will use your services now, previously my friend ordered for me.
My security started on 1st April 2020.
My AOR is 20th Oct.
I got ADRs on 11 March 2020. 1) Schedule-A ... (2) CV (3) Grad Kit (4) Travel History Form....

After this on 09 September 2020 I got remedical request.. Is this sign of completion of my Security Screening??
On 01 November 2020, I got married and my wife is US national, updated IRCC about it they send some ADRs again for my wife, I submitted all documents.
On 16 April 2021 I got another letter in my portal that my wife need to do biometric in US, that is also submitted now..
Whats next ?
Her security is complete or not?
Should i order GCMS or CBSA/CSIS notes?

Expert reply will be appreciated... Please look at my signature also...

Harlan

Nov 28, 2018
Hi

The guidelines for IMM 5669 states that the

This form must be completed by the principal applicant and the spouse separately.

Can anyone please confirm whether the spouse and principal applicant both needs to complete individual copy of the form?

nithin.canada

Feb 24, 2019
Hi

The guidelines for IMM 5669 states that the

This form must be completed by the principal applicant and the spouse separately.

Can anyone please confirm whether the spouse and principal applicant both needs to complete individual copy of the form?
I am also confused. We already submitted all this information as the principal applicant, should we do that again? Can anybody please confirm? Really worried about the dates in the form. @Wolfpmd3

Syed Areeb

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
Karachi, Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-10-2019
I am also confused. We already submitted all this information as the principal applicant, should we do that again? Can anybody please confirm? Really worried about the dates in the form. @Wolfpmd3
You and your wife will submit this separately.. Make your self and wife applicant in each form..

Kejsi

Mar 3, 2020
Hello, I just received the email for submitting the documents of my spouse. But they haven’t requested upfront medical... Do they request it later?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hello, I just received the email for submitting the documents of my spouse. But they haven’t requested upfront medical... Do they request it later?
It is not necessary, but if you can get it done it will certainly save you time down the road. I strongly recommend you submit it as well.

Reactions: Kejsi

Src

Oct 27, 2016
Hello all,
I recently got married and I informed ircc about is via webform .As i am cec applicant and like to add my wife in my ongoing application. What is the procedure and also which category she should be when we book for upfront medical exam?(Right now i am in India can not call them)

Thank you