+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after AOR

sam2489

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
CEC Inland, EE, Adding spouse after AOR

I know this has been discussed multiple times here, just wanted to confirm one thing about form since so many confusions

Few star members posted this, please see my comments in brackets.
  • imm0008enu_2d --> fill this only for yourself (not for both) [ What if I fill both me and my spouse details here as there's option to add dependent in the same form]
  • imm008depenu --> fill this for your wife only (not for both) [ Do I really need to fill this separately, I believe this is only if I have children/more dependents]
  • imm5406e --> fill this one for both [ No confusion]
  • imm5669e --> fill this for your wife only (not both) [ No confusion, since CIC already have my background details]

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......

I know this has been discussed multiple times here, just wanted to confirm one thing about form since so many confusions

• imm0008enu_2d --> fill this only for yourself (not for both) [ What if I fill both me and my spouse details here as there's option to add dependent in the same form]
  • imm008depenu --> fill this for your wife only (not for both) [ Do I really need to fill this separately, I believe this is only if I have children/more dependents]
  • imm5669e --> fill this for your wife only (not both) [ No confusion, since CIC already have my background details]
First 2 are correct, for yourself and your spouse, respectively.

Dependent is a anyone other than the main applicant, not just children. Your spouse is considered a dependent.

Yes the forms are a bit redundant.

Just complete them, they are really not a lot of work.

patelyogesh2

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017

imm0008enu_2d- This form should fill by you and you have to add all the dependants on it. Check below reference. You can only add 5 dependents on that form. If dependants are more than 5 then fill imm008denu form.

imm008denu - this form is only for applicant who has more than 5 dependents. I confirmed via call with 2 ircc agents. Even check below reference website. It clearly mentioned it. Don’t make application more confusing.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/complete-0008-5669.html

Last edited:
Reactions: JRathod

mihirkumar patel

Star Member
Sep 27, 2017
Hello there! I am in a similar situation with you. My AOR was in November and I going to get married in early April. From my research, it varies. Some persons receive PPR 3 months after adding their spouse, others in 6 months. Also, as relating the the documents that will be required; here are those I have acquired during my research

An updated IMM0008 Generic and updated IMM5406 "Additional Family Information" form for you

An updated IMM0008 Generic and updated IMM5406 "Additional Family Information" form for spouse

A copy of spouse's brith certificate

A copy of marriage certificate

Photographs of wedding ceremony, reception, invites, honeymoon etc

Proof of relationship- emails, texts, photos- any documentation/proof of relationship

A copy of spouse's valid passport

Police certificates of spouse

Upfront medical for Spouse

Travel history for spouse

Letter of explanation

Fees.

If you want to keep in touch to see how my timeline will be affected just let me know. Mine is about to change since I will be getting married in a week!
Hello guys
I am going through the question which you are already passed through.
I have uploaded my documents in express entry on jan 15,2020 and I got AOR right away.

now I am going to do marriage on this march. Is it ok if I add her name with my application?
Or Will it recalculate my point and more likely get reject my file?

as only medical has passed and nothing else done so Can I add her name on march?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hello guys
I am going through the question which you are already passed through.
I have uploaded my documents in express entry on jan 15,2020 and I got AOR right away.

now I am going to do marriage on this march. Is it ok if I add her name with my application?
Or Will it recalculate my point and more likely get reject my file?

as only medical has passed and nothing else done so Can I add her name on march?
You can add her anytime after getting married. ANY TIME

kaur4917

Star Member
Jun 1, 2020
imm0008enu_2d- This form should fill by you and you have to add all the dependants on it. Check below reference. You can only add 5 dependents on that form. If dependants are more than 5 then fill imm008denu form.

imm008denu - this form is only for applicant who has more than 5 dependents. I confirmed via call with 2 ircc agents. Even check below reference website. It clearly mentioned it. Don’t make application more confusing.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/complete-0008-5669.html
Hi....i am adding spouse after AOR,..does my spouse need to update his passport and add my name before applying for PCC or not? **He is in india** can someone provide me with detailed procedure for his PCC . Thanks

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi....i am adding spouse after AOR,..does my spouse need to update his passport and add my name before applying for PCC or not? **He is in india** can someone provide me with detailed procedure for his PCC . Thanks
Maybe look for an Indian forum on PCC. That's something external to the PR application that has to do with your country's procedures, not Canada's

Reactions: kavish.shaikh1

sam2489

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
This is not mandatory, you just need to provide marriage certificate.

Phan123

Sep 28, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I submitted documents to add spouse on Dec 30th and got a response to the webform on Jan 29th. My application was just updated with dependent info (UCI for spouse) but the documents I uploaded are not reflecting. Please how long does it take for the documents to reflect and medicals to be passed because we did upfront medicals.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hello Everyone,

I submitted documents to add spouse on Dec 30th and got a response to the webform on Jan 29th. My application was just updated with dependent info (UCI for spouse) but the documents I uploaded are not reflecting. Please how long does it take for the documents to reflect and medicals to be passed because we did upfront medicals.
NO way to know, there are no standard times for this. In my case since raising a webforn and adding her documents to having the application approved it took 13 days. You you can see it varies greatly.

All you can do is patiently wait

Phan123

Sep 28, 2020
NO way to know, there are no standard times for this. In my case since raising a webforn and adding her documents to having the application approved it took 13 days. You you can see it varies greatly.

All you can do is patiently wait
Okay. Thanks. I just wanted to find out if the documents not showing was normal.

kavish.shaikh1

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Maybe look for an Indian forum on PCC. That's something external to the PR application that has to do with your country's procedures, not Canada's
No, Make an appointment with PSK and just make sure to select married as marital status in the application form that you fill for PCC and carry the original marriage certificate along with the other requested documents, even though they don't request it.
My wife was returned at her first appointment because she only had a photocopy of the marriage certificate, she had to rebook the appointment.

@Wolfpmd3 I really appreciate your help and your patience for replying the same questions over and over again in this thread. I read all 12 pages :p

mrabusrea

Mar 5, 2018
Hi Guys,
My AOR is FEB16,2020. I passed eligibility, criminality and security in June 2020. At the beginning, I applied as unaccompanying spouse, saying the reason because my wife was studying in QC. In July, after I already passed all, I received a letter from the officer saying that I can add my spouse as an accompanying even though she is studying in QC. I already added her to the application. My concern since that time is CRS recalculation, because if this happens I won’t be eligible. Will this could happen?
FYI, I’m always following up with the status and it is still every thing pass till now