+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after AOR

baryonix

May 21, 2019
Finally received BIL for my spouse today, as well as a new medical request and police certificate for me.

So relieved to see progress!

General timeline for those interested:

March 2nd 2022 - Got married
March 3rd 2022 - Informed IRCC
March 22nd 2022 - Received RFV email, and responded to say I have gotten married
May 2022 - Received request for documents for spouse, uploaded everything May 15th inc upfront medical
Then nothing until today. In September 2022 I sent updated POF as previous POF were for myself as an individual (and they never requested this when requesting other documents)
17th Jan 2023 - BIL and request for medicals and new police certificate

Have faith everyone, we will get there eventually
What's your VO? Are you FSW-Outland?
Great to see your progress btw!

baryonix

May 21, 2019
I think it's gone to Montreal, though previously was at Ottawa. The letter requesting my new police check came from Montreal.
And yes, FSW-Outland. Hoping this will all be wrapped up in a few months but you never know with IRCC!!
This gives me some hope. Because my file was transferred from Ottawa to Montreal too. But I'm FSW-Inland. What is your AOR?

Reactions: maghool71

oppositeofaproblem

Dec 30, 2019
This gives me some hope. Because my file was transferred from Ottawa to Montreal too. But I'm FSW-Inland. What is your AOR?
Similar to yours - November 11th 2020. Feels like such a long wait, it really takes its toll having your life on hold! I have already sold my house and living with family with my spouse in preparation for the move - I know they advise you to not make any life decisions like this when your application has been submitted until it's approved, but when you're moving across the world you have to do these kind of things!

Frustrated I am having to pay for another medical, but my medical (after it had been renewed) expires in March. At least with a new medical I should have a while to actually land in Canada once the visa is issued.

Good luck to you and your spouse, I hope things move quickly for you soon!

baryonix

May 21, 2019
I got a ghost update yesterday, nothing looks changed in portal
Then today, I got another update, this time they show Medical is passed on today date (before it was "We are reviewing your medical result")

I also see that they clean up my spouse's second UCI (she was given another UCI despite already having one).
So I guess this is some progress, someone is working on my file after too long

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021
I got a ghost update yesterday, nothing looks changed in portal
Then today, I got another update, this time they show Medical is passed on today date (before it was "We are reviewing your medical result")

I also see that they clean up my spouse's second UCI (she was given another UCI despite already having one).
So I guess this is some progress, someone is working on my file after too long
I saw a GU a few days ago too. I didn't see any actual changes in my profile as you did. I'm not sure if mine meant anything or was it just some system glitch. I am really hoping I get my PR until summer :(

Reactions: Naynah and baryonix

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021
I saw a GU a few days ago too. I didn't see any actual changes in my profile as you did. I'm not sure if mine meant anything or was it just some system glitch. I am really hoping I get my PR until summer :(
UPDATE! We got a passport request! The GU actually meant something this time lol
I received an email first, saying there's a message in my portal, and when I logged in, there was a message titled 'information request'

baryonix

May 21, 2019
UPDATE! We got a passport request! The GU actually meant something this time lol
I received an email first, saying there's a message in my portal, and when I logged in, there was a message titled 'information request'
Congratulations! I've been following your case, the ordeal has finally ended!

Is your VO still Edmonton? Looks like there is a long time between med passed and PR...
Was your spouse requested to re-do medical? Because it looks from your signature, your spouse did first medical in Dec 2021. Did they invalidate that result after 1 year?

Happy for you!

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021

Is your VO still Edmonton? Looks like there is a long time between med passed and PR...
Was your spouse requested to re-do medical? Because it looks from your signature, your spouse did first medical in Dec 2021. Did they invalidate that result after 1 year?

Happy for you!
Yes, it was still Edmonton. And no, he did his medicals once in June 2021, and never had to redo them. I had to redo mine (initially done in May 2020 up front in support of another application). Yeah, it took them a long time after medicals passed in August 2022. At some point, I realized they had probably reached their quota for 2022 and were just lingering on the applications.
Weird enough is that they never asked for updated schedule A or anything else.

Reactions: Naynah

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021

Happy for you!
Thanks, and I hope you receive yours soon too. It will come any day.
It was so unexpected because I thought I should be receiving another request for additional documents, but it went straight to PR.

• Love
Reactions: Naynah and baryonix

Knoxxavier

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
Finally, Congratulations to you !! I had the exact same email and when I saw 'information request' in my portal, at first instantly my reaction was ' Please not another document request ffs' and funny enough once I opened the doc it asked for Passport submission.

• Love

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021
From Nov 2020 forum:

=======================Finally Good News==================================
===========================================================================
===============================PROFILE======================================
VO-NDVO | VFS-New Delhi
Nationality - Indian
Federal Skilled Worker-Express Entry
NOC - Software Engineer
Single when Applied
Married After AOR
===============================BEGIN=======================================
Profile Created - Nov, 2020
Invitation to Apply - Nov, 2020
AOR - Feb, 2021
Biometric - Feb, 2021
Upfront Medical - Mar, 2021
No Updates
===============================Change in Circumstance==========================
===============================Marriage=====================================
Marriage - Oct, 2021
Informed IRCC - Dec, 2021
IRCC Acknowledged - Feb, 2022
Sent Docs to IRCC - Apr, 2022

- Explanation Letter How my Family Composition Changed
- Passports with Spouse Name Added
- eimm5669e
- imm008enu_2d
- imm5406e - (Me & My Wife Seperate)
- Receipt of Payment
Spouse Biometric - Apr, 2022
Spouse Started Showing as Dependent - May, 2022 ****************************************************
Re-Medical - Aug, 2022 (Mine)
First Medical Spouse - Aug, 2022
ADR - Marriage Certificate - Aug, 2022
ADR - Sent - Aug, 2022

===============================Notes Applied==================================
Notes Applied - Dec 2022*******************************************************************************
Never Received Till Now
===============================PPR=========================================
PPR Letter - Jan, 2023
VFS - 2 Way Courier - Jan, 2023
Passport Picked - Jan, 2023
Decision Made - Jan, 2023
Decision Envelope Received - Jan, 2023
COPR CounterFoil Generated Update on Portal - Jan, 2022
===============================END=========================================