+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after AOR

Naynah

Star Member
Nov 16, 2021
UPDATE! We got a passport request! The GU actually meant something this time lol
I received an email first, saying there's a message in my portal, and when I logged in, there was a message titled 'information request'
Congratulations Dear! So happy to see this

• Love
Reactions: maghool71

baryonix

May 21, 2019
Received PPR today!! So happy, happened so quickly after spouse BIL and remed request (less than a month!). Hope everyone gets the news they want soon, it was such a great feeling to receive that email ☺
Congrats!

Guess I'm one of the last men standing ._. my spouse medical expired yesterday but haven't got re-med request.

oppositeofaproblem

Dec 30, 2019
Congrats!

Guess I'm one of the last men standing ._. my spouse medical expired yesterday but haven't got re-med request.
Thank you.
Your spouse may have had their medical extended - my spouse's medical expires in March so our COPR will either only give us to March 2023 or, hopefully they have extended his and it will be till March 2024. Will have to wait and see when the COPR comes through.

Best of luck to you!

MoikFisher

Mar 18, 2019
Hi guys,

Following is my timeline

Dec 2020: ITA
Jan 2021: AOR
Feb 2022: Got married and raised webform to add spouse
May 2022: Received link to submit questionaire and spousal kit (Updated forms, proof of marriage pics, wife medical, wife PCC)
June 2022: Submitted docs
August 2022: Update received saying medical passed
Nov 2022: Spouse BIL
Nov 2022: Spouse Biometrics submitted (Biometrics updated same day and wife shown as dependent)

Can someone guide what can be potential next steps? Also, how do I see in portal if my wife's medical is passed or not? It only shows my medical as passed

Thanks for guidance

baryonix

May 21, 2019
Hi guys,

Following is my timeline

Dec 2020: ITA
Jan 2021: AOR
Feb 2022: Got married and raised webform to add spouse
May 2022: Received link to submit questionaire and spousal kit (Updated forms, proof of marriage pics, wife medical, wife PCC)
June 2022: Submitted docs
August 2022: Update received saying medical passed
Nov 2022: Spouse BIL
Nov 2022: Spouse Biometrics submitted (Biometrics updated same day and wife shown as dependent)

Can someone guide what can be potential next steps? Also, how do I see in portal if my wife's medical is passed or not? It only shows my medical as passed

Thanks for guidance
Hey, they have new portal to check status now, there is more details:
https://ircc-tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login

You can see Eligibility, Medical, Criminality status for both you and dependents (all separately)

Last edited:

baryonix

May 21, 2019
Congrats!

Today I see in the new App Tracker that my spouse's medical is extended for another year, but she's not living in Canada. So this is such good news, we don't have to re-do medical now.
But nothing looks changed in the main portal, no ghost update either.

• Love

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021
Today I see in the new App Tracker that my spouse's medical is extended for another year, but she's not living in Canada. So this is such good news, we don't have to re-do medical now.
But nothing looks changed in the main portal, no ghost update either.
It's great, they are working on your file!!! :)

Reactions: baryonix

tonisg18

Mar 1, 2023
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Windsor Primary, Manila Secondary
App. Filed.......
10-08-2019
Doc's Request.
12-08-2019
AOR Received.
07-10-2019
Med's Request
04-07-2022
Med's Done....
30-07-2022
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2023
LANDED..........
18-07-2023
Is anyone able to see COPR numbers and validity on https://ircc-tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login but has not received RFV letter yet? 3 weeks for us, wonder if anyone else in FSW-O is in the same shoes
Hello.

I just created an account but usually come here to check updates. Thank you for this thread and all who have been posting their experiences.

Just got to try the new tracker today and did see COPR numbers and validity but accompanying dependent's eligibility is still pending. I think that's why we do not have the RFV yet. Maybe same for @walnorez ?

Praying that this is good sign though and that we are closer to our dream of settling down in Canada. ^__^

walnorez

Feb 14, 2021
Hello.

I just created an account but usually come here to check updates. Thank you for this thread and all who have been posting their experiences.

Just got to try the new tracker today and did see COPR numbers and validity but accompanying dependent's eligibility is still pending. I think that's why we do not have the RFV yet. Maybe same for @walnorez ?

Praying that this is good sign though and that we are closer to our dream of settling down in Canada. ^__^
If you added spouse post-AOR then there’s no need to check eligibility for the spouse, it doesn’t affect PA’s points. So I don’t think it’s the reason, I think it’s either the security check that only got started after COPR numbers were generated, or it’s just the VO being slow.

Reactions: tonisg18

tonisg18

Mar 1, 2023
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Windsor Primary, Manila Secondary
App. Filed.......
10-08-2019
Doc's Request.
12-08-2019
AOR Received.
07-10-2019
Med's Request
04-07-2022
Med's Done....
30-07-2022
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2023
LANDED..........
18-07-2023
If you added spouse post-AOR then there’s no need to check eligibility for the spouse, it doesn’t affect PA’s points. So I don’t think it’s the reason, I think it’s either the security check that only got started after COPR numbers were generated, or it’s just the VO being slow.
Really? I think that's great news. Security for both dependent and principal applicant are passed. So, it might mean COPR/RFV will be issued soon? Praying for this!

Sorry, I meant Background Check was already passed so hoping that included Security check. Nevertheless, so relieved about being able to use this new tracker.

Thank you for the advice @walnorez ^__^

Last edited:

dm239

Jan 15, 2023
Some further timeline information regarding receiving my COPR which some may find useful:

15/Jan/2023: Received RFV message

After this, I immediately reached out to London VAC to find out how to pay their fees because their website does not make this clear. Found out that they wanted me to send a bank transfer, take a screenshot of it from my online banking, print that out and send it to them in the post.

19/Jan/2023: Sent photos, passport scans, proof of payment and printout of RFV email to VAC.
30/Jan/2023: Received an automated message saying my decision envelope had been received my the VAC and would be sent to me the same day.
06/Feb/2023: COPR hadn't arrived yet, so I asked VAC what's the hold up
07/Feb/2023: They said they'd send it
09/Feb/2023: COPRs arrive. Wife's COPR was fine, but mine incorrectly listed my marital status as single and also had the country of residence wrong. I sent an email to the VAC asking what to do. They told me to contact the High Commission in London, which I did using the webform and asked them to treat it as urgent.
10/Feb/2023: High Commission replied and told me to return the incorrect COPR to the VAC, but they said I wouldn't have to sent my wife's COPR since this one was correct.
13/Feb/2023: I sent my COPR and printout of the High Commission email back to the VAC.
22/Feb/2023: VAC sent me an email saying they received the COPR and would send it to the High Commission.
24/Feb/2023: High Commission sent me an email saying that they've received the COPR, but contrary to what they said earlier they do need my wife's COPR back as well. They said to send it directly to them, bypassing the VAC. I sent it immediately.
02/Mar/2023: Received the corrected COPRs back at last.

In my correspondence with the VAC, I found that the were very difficult to deal with and often sent me emails written in incomprehensible broken English which meant I had to send several emails just to get a clear answer to simple questions. Also, their system for receiving payments sounded like something a Nigerian Prince would ask for. Anyway it's done now and we're ready to go. Plane tickets booked for the end of the month; wife's very excited and we can't wait to go.

Reactions: tonisg18