+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding newborn child to Application

f.nazim

Aug 15, 2018
Hi All,

I need some help to understand the process to add a newborn to the Express Entry PR application. I tried searching in the forum but there are no threads matching my specific query.

My application is currently in submitted status is MyCIC. (Medicals were deferred for my wife due to being pregnant).
I raised a request using the webform to add a dependent child and received a reply pointing me to the following link - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-p7000-application-permanent-residence-provincial-nominee-class.html#ep73 though I have not applied in the PNP class.

As per information provided to our office, if your child was born outside of Canada, our office requires additional documents.
Please submit a newly completed application form (IMM0008) including the information for the dependent child you have identified in your email.
For information on additional documents and forms required for your dependents, refer to the CIC website at the following link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EP7TOC.asp#ep73
Submit documents via your online MyCIC
I understand that I need to fill the form IMM0008. What other forms do I need to fill?
How do I submit these forms? When I login to MYCIC, the application status is in "Submitted" and there is no place for me to upload any new documents.

Thank you.

Reactions: OladimejI Divine
Aug 22, 2017
Hi All,

I need some help to understand the process to add a newborn to the Express Entry PR application. I tried searching in the forum but there are no threads matching my specific query.

My application is currently in submitted status is MyCIC. (Medicals were deferred for my wife due to being pregnant).
I raised a request using the webform to add a dependent child and received a reply pointing me to the following link - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-p7000-application-permanent-residence-provincial-nominee-class.html#ep73 though I have not applied in the PNP class.

I understand that I need to fill the form IMM0008. What other forms do I need to fill?
How do I submit these forms? When I login to MYCIC, the application status is in "Submitted" and there is no place for me to upload any new documents.

Thank you.
i need the same clarifications too. How do i submit when i login to MYCIC, cos my application is in 'Submitted' too. Regards

Reactions: f.nazim

Mudassir.a

Dec 2, 2017
Thank you @Mudassir.a, The thread was informative but I am still not able to find the answer to how to submit the documents as the MYCIC page is in read-only mode with no fields for submitting additional documents.
The process, based on my experience and what I have read on this forum, the process is as follows:

1. Raise a CSE informing them about the new baby and attach copies of the bio page of passport and birth certificate
2. CIC will get back to you with a letter which will have more details of all documents and forms required, as well as, the fee payment procedure. They will also provide a timeline for submitting the documents .
3. At the same time, they will create a placeholder in your application checklist for the new baby's documents for you to upload all the requested documents.

Reactions: f.nazim

f.nazim

Aug 15, 2018
The process, based on my experience and what I have read on this forum, the process is as follows:

1. Raise a CSE informing them about the new baby and attach copies of the bio page of passport and birth certificate
2. CIC will get back to you with a letter which will have more details of all documents and forms required, as well as, the fee payment procedure. They will also provide a timeline for submitting the documents .
3. At the same time, they will create a placeholder in your application checklist for the new baby's documents for you to upload all the requested documents.
Thank you for helping me out in this case!

1. I did raise a CSE informing about the baby and they replied me with the text as quoted in my first post above.
2. No timeline was given in the email reply for the CSE apart from providing a link to the list of documents required.
3. There is no placeholder in MYCIC at all!

Should I submit a new CSE or wait for couple more days to see if the placeholder is created?

roy0121

Aug 6, 2018

1. I did raise a CSE informing about the baby and they replied me with the text as quoted in my first post above.
2. No timeline was given in the email reply for the CSE apart from providing a link to the list of documents required.

Should I submit a new CSE or wait for couple more days to see if the placeholder is created?
Similar situation as mine!
Same situation as mine! There is no placeholder in my CIC and I have no idea what is my next step. I am in IP2 now.

f.nazim

Aug 15, 2018
MyCIC was updated with additional documents required on 27th August. I guess you will have to wait until they generate the letters and update your application.

Aug 22, 2017

i think if you have been relating with your VO, i would have prefer you send a mail to your VO. i didn't raise any CSE but i just send mail to my VO last week and they sent a request letter and the date am expected to submit all documents. They replied me within 3working days. They also created a placeholder in MYCIC. i think you don't have to submit a new CSE but wait for at least a week.

f.nazim

Aug 15, 2018
i think if you have been relating with your VO, i would have prefer you send a mail to your VO. i didn't raise any CSE but i just send mail to my VO last week and they sent a request letter and the date am expected to submit all documents. They replied me within 3working days. They also created a placeholder in MYCIC. i think you don't have to submit a new CSE but wait for at least a week.
@OladimejI Divine Thank you. My CIC account was updated with the placeholder on 27th August. I did not submit another CSE. Just waited and the application was updated.

roy0121

Aug 6, 2018
@OladimejI Divine thanks for sharing your experience. May I know how can I get contact with my VO? Actually I have no idea which VO is processing my case. Thank you.

roy0121

Aug 6, 2018
Send a mail to CIC-CTD-ottawa@cic.gc.ca Request to know your VO. Write your Application no, UCL, DOB, last and first name. They may not answer you immediately but after some weeks your VO may respond.
Thanks for your info. I wrote a letter through CIC to tell I would like to add my new born baby to my application on 14th Aug, while there is no update on my CIC account so far. BTW, I am in IP2 now.

I may contact my VO if there is still no response this week. Thanks again.

Munachy

Oct 28, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Hi guys, what happens if one already has MEP and BIL before having an addition to the family? Want to know what documents are expected to be submitted to CIC.

chaits

Jun 16, 2018
Let me share my experience here with you all. In case the baby was delivered after submitting your application, they will send a request letter in your account. This will be about pending xray for your wife and new born baby's birth certificate along with medicals. These will be based on the EDD for your wife.This means you would have submitted all the relevant documents when you first got your ITA and a request letter stating that your wife is pregnant and she is expected to deliver so and so date. Once they send you the request you for the above mentioned documents they will add another column in your submitted application in your account with upload docs option.Once you collect all your documents you will upload all of them there.

It took them 6months to update my account with additional documents request.
I first submitted my application on Aug-8th 2018.First time i got any reply from them was on dec13th,2018.
They sent a Request letter in my CIC account and asked to submit all the docs by 7th March 'cos my Wife's EDD was march5th.
So they gave me exactly a month to submit New born's Birth cerificate,Wife's Xray, and baby's medicals,Passport scans.
Along with these you will have to submit Imm000 and imm5406 with all the details again.
Imm0008 they asked me to submit the copy with Original signature of the principal applicant.
After all this i am waiting to hear from them.

All the best.