+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding New born Baby after submitting the PR Application

rajimis

Jul 16, 2020
Is your eligibilty met yet ? and is your dependent added ?
The problem is that you dont see regular updates in your profile regarding eligibilty and background.
Try raising webfrom and ask about the current status of all stages.
Thanks for the reply.
I'm in work permit from last 3 year and yes my dependents is already added while applying for PR application .
I have raised webform request 2 months back that time they said that all verification has been done I need to wait for the letter from their end but still no progress.

Femcold

May 28, 2020
I got COPR before March 18th, we wanted to fly by March ending covid 19 came and I had a new born in May 25 which has been added like after two weeks and he’s showing on my profile..Up until now, I have not received any update..Don’t knw why this is taking too long, am just looking my mind..I have raised webform countless times and all I get is a generic mail, requested GCMS notes but for nothing, lemme add that am an Outland applicant..Pls what more can I do anyone..Thanks for your help

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I got COPR before March 18th, we wanted to fly by March ending covid 19 came and I had a new born in May 25 which has been added like after two weeks and he’s showing on my profile..Up until now, I have not received any update..Don’t knw why this is taking too long, am just looking my mind..I have raised webform countless times and all I get is a generic mail, requested GCMS notes but for nothing, lemme add that am an Outland applicant..Pls what more can I do anyone..Thanks for your help
What do your GCMS notes say. Does it say the at the processing has initiated.

For a new born, only the medicals and your revised POF if it did not cater to the family including the new born is required. GCMS notes will also indicate when the assessments are passed.

Femcold

May 28, 2020
thanks @legalfalcon for your support always...I have request it already but yet to get it...But as the baby was added already to my profile I feel the whole process has kickstarted, maybe the GCMS notes will give a clearer picture like you said

Reactions: legalfalcon

Rusho Hasan

Feb 26, 2020
Subject: Does photo is required to add a new born baby during the process of PR application.

Hi
As a response to my email to add a new born baby after the PR application has already submitted, IRCC asked for the following documents:
But my confusion is that do I need to send Photo for this new born baby? Though this is not in the list. If yes, then should I to send the original copy through post or scanned copy through Web form is okay?

Thank you and regards
Rusho Hasan

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Subject: Does photo is required to add a new born baby during the process of PR application.

Hi
As a response to my email to add a new born baby after the PR application has already submitted, IRCC asked for the following documents:
But my confusion is that do I need to send Photo for this new born baby? Though this is not in the list. If yes, then should I to send the original copy through post or scanned copy through Web form is okay?

Thank you and regards
Rusho Hasan
A photo is not required. However, one will be asked after your application is approved.

Reactions: Rusho Hasan

tar86

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
Dubai
Hi @legalfalcon and other seniors!

Please advise on the below matter.

I requested IRCC to add my newborn in my PR application, which they did, however they requested for IMM5406 form- additional family information for both myself and my spouse . My spouse and children are non-accompanying in my PR application.

My confusion is that shall my spouse, who is non-accompanying, sign the duplicate copy of the same IMM5406 form which I have already filled out as a principal applicant? OR
She should fill out a separate IMM5406 form with the details of her family and sign that? There is a confusion in the form. First question is about the applicant who fills out the form, but she is non-accompanying, and I am the main applicant.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon and other seniors!

Please advise on the below matter.

I requested IRCC to add my newborn in my PR application, which they did, however they requested for IMM5406 form- additional family information for both myself and my spouse . My spouse and children are non-accompanying in my PR application.

My confusion is that shall my spouse, who is non-accompanying, sign the duplicate copy of the same IMM5406 form which I have already filled out as a principal applicant? OR
She should fill out a separate IMM5406 form with the details of her family and sign that? There is a confusion in the form. First question is about the applicant who fills out the form, but she is non-accompanying, and I am the main applicant.
IMM5406 has to be filled by the primary applicant and every member of the family who is over 18 years of age, whether or not they are accompanying the primary applicant to Canada. So you will need to file one form for you and another for your spouse. You spouse will not sign the duplicate form. You spouse will have to fill their own form, i.e. should fill out a separate IMM5406 form with the details of her family and sign that.

Reactions: tar86

tar86

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
Dubai
IMM5406 has to be filled by the primary applicant and every member of the family who is over 18 years of age, whether or not they are accompanying the primary applicant to Canada. So you will need to file one form for you and another for your spouse. You spouse will not sign the duplicate form. You spouse will have to fill their own form, i.e. should fill out a separate IMM5406 form with the details of her family and sign that.
Thanks @legalfalcon for your time and detailed reply.

I would appreciate if you could shed some light on the below;

IRCC have created placeholder tabs to upload newborn's medical, IMM0008 and IMM5406 under the heading of principal applicant's supporting documents list, which is me. In fact, medical upload option should have been given in the dependent child's documents list.

Should I upload medical in the given tab and raise a separate webform to explain that to IRCC. Or Just uploading medical to the given placeholder is enough?

Again, thanks for your support.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks @legalfalcon for your time and detailed reply.

I would appreciate if you could shed some light on the below;

IRCC have created placeholder tabs to upload newborn's medical, IMM0008 and IMM5406 under the heading of principal applicant's supporting documents list, which is me. In fact, medical upload option should have been given in the dependent child's documents list.

Should I upload medical in the given tab and raise a separate webform to explain that to IRCC. Or Just uploading medical to the given placeholder is enough?

Again, thanks for your support.
You can just upload the medicals in the tab. In some cases these technical issues do happen. After you submit your documents, you can then send them again via webform with an explanation that the upload window was incorrectly placed so you are resubmitting the documents.

Reactions: tar86

tar86

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
Dubai
You can just upload the medicals in the tab. In some cases these technical issues do happen. After you submit your documents, you can then send them again via webform with an explanation that the upload window was incorrectly placed so you are resubmitting the documents.
Thanks for your help

Rajmohan14

Feb 2, 2019
Thanks for detailed post, what to write in dependent child category type - A B or C
thanks
Hi
I was trying to add my kid into the PR application, I have raised a webform and have got email from IRCC after 30 days, which says I have to pay the fees and upload the documents like BC, passport, medicals, IMM5406 , IMM0008 etc.

I have few doubts around it,

1) Currently there is no placeholder in my e-Apr application to upload the documents, would I get it after the fee is paid and uploaded the reciept? Or where should I upload these?

2) Currently the application has my details and my spouse's in it. Do we have to update and submit 4 copies of IMM5406 ( 1 in English and 1 in our native language? per person? ie. 2 for me and 2 for my spouse

3) In the initial webform I have raised to let IRCC know about my child, I have attached all the documents except IMM5406 and IMM0008. Still should I re-submit all the documents again ?

Please could someone clarify

Thanks in advance

Last edited: