Shivam Chandel

Aug 7, 2019
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/adding-new-born-baby-after-submitting-the-pr-application.580233/post-8790782

Docs list:
  1. LOE / Cover letter
  2. Processing Fee for the child receipt
  3. Photo of the child
  4. Form IMM008 for the Primary Applicant. Fill it in a computer, validate it, print it and sign it by black pen.
  5. IMM5406 for Primary applicant and Secondary applicant. IMM5406 needs to be filled in English and as well as your mother tongue. So, two copies of IMM5406 for each applicant - one in English and one in mother tongue. Fill it with a pen, print and sign by a black pen.
  6. BC of the child
  7. Passport of the child
  8. Marriage Certificate
  9. Medical certificate of the child
  10. Updated Proof of funds for three family members
Hey bro,
Do I receive any mail when newborn is added.?

Hemilshah80

Apr 3, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Hey bro,
You'll need to regularly check your CIC account for updates. There in the " view dependent " drop down list and you'll come to know if they have added your new born. In my case the new born was added within a week of submitting the documents but it may take a little longer considering the pandemic.

EnthuChap

Jun 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2019
Doc's Request.
22-01-2020
Nomination.....
26-11-2019
AOR Received.
01-12-2019
Med's Request
02-11-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2020
Passport Req..
06-04-2021
LANDED..........
10-09-2021
Hey bro,
@Hemilshah80 has spoken my mind here. So, keep checking your CIC account. In my case, my EE application was already updated with the newborn and I processed everything through the profile itself, whereas you did everything through webforms. So, just wait for EE application to update and follow as Hemil advised.

gobsaini

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
Chandigarh, India
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-09-2019
AOR Received.
20-03-2020
This is how I had done:

After the child was born, I went ahead with obtaining his BC (birth certificate). The moment I received the BC, I sent a webform to IRCC informing about the birth of a new born and that I intend to add the child to my existing application. I received an acknowledgement from IRCC and I took the same acknowledgement for booking and performing the medicals of the child. The medical center probed me, but I answered them that I have an existing PR application and showed them the acknowledgement received from IRCC. It was smooth post that.

Mind you, once you send the webform and inform IRCC of your intention, they take 20-30 days to update your EE application and create one placeholder to update all the docs pertaining to child addition. You have to merge all the docs and upload in this newly created placeholder. If due to size restrictions u are unable to include all the docs in this kit, then you can send the remaining through a webform. You can, however, mention in your LOE that some associated docs are being sent through a webform. The documents would be:
  1. LOE / Cover letter
  2. Processing Fee for the child receipt
  3. Photo of the child
  4. Form IMM008 for the Primary Applicant. Need not be printed and signed, as you will be digitally signing it.
  5. IMM5406 for Primary applicant, Secondary applicant and any other applicant who is 18 yr old or more. IMM5406 needs to be filled in English and as well as your mother tongue. So, two copies of IMM5406 for each applicant - one in English and one in mother tongue. This has to be printed and signed by black pen.
  6. BC of the child
  7. Passport of the child
  8. Medical certificate of the child
Like if this helps. GL
Thanks for detailed post, what to write in dependent child category type - A B or C
thanks

Reactions: EnthuChap

EnthuChap

Jun 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2019
Doc's Request.
22-01-2020
Nomination.....
26-11-2019
AOR Received.
01-12-2019
Med's Request
02-11-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2020
Passport Req..
06-04-2021
LANDED..........
10-09-2021
Thanks for detailed post, what to write in dependent child category type - A B or C
thanks
Thanks very much.
Type A Dependant

Shivam Chandel

Aug 7, 2019
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
@Hemilshah80 has spoken my mind here. So, keep checking your CIC account. In my case, my EE application was already updated with the newborn and I processed everything through the profile itself, whereas you did everything through webforms. So, just wait for EE application to update and follow as Hemil advised.

HI Bro,

Got my child added :)

It took them 21 days to add my son. I am really grateful for all your assistance.

Wishing us speedy PPR now.

Thanks

EnthuChap

Jun 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2019
Doc's Request.
22-01-2020
Nomination.....
26-11-2019
AOR Received.
01-12-2019
Med's Request
02-11-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2020
Passport Req..
06-04-2021
LANDED..........
10-09-2021
HI Bro,

It took them 21 days to add my son. I am really grateful for all your assistance.

Thanks
Pleased to hear this bro...lets stay in touch. Hopefully, we shall get a chance to meet in Canada. Cheers!

Reactions: Shivam Chandel

Holyindividual

Feb 11, 2020
Congratulations
HI Bro,

Thanks

Congratulations bro.

I received PPR already before child birth.

I submitted my Baby Docs in March 2020 and medical in June , and up till now , baby has not been added as I can't find baby under depedent section.

It is frustrating.

Cc Hemilshah80

Hemilshah80

Apr 3, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Congratulations

Congratulations bro.

I received PPR already before child birth.

I submitted my Baby Docs in March 2020 and medical in June , and up till now , baby has not been added as I can't find baby under depedent section.

It is frustrating.

Cc Hemilshah80
you don't need to worry If you have received a communication from CIC stating that they've received your new born baby's documents and forwarded to the necessary department. It's the Pandemic causing the delay.

mimiai45

Oct 29, 2019
Hello guys! Do i need to have newborn passport for adding him to my case? (spousal sponsorship)
My lawyer said we cant add him without passport.thank you

Holyindividual

Feb 11, 2020
HI Bro,

Thanks

Congratulations again. Two questions please .
1) Did you receive Child medical request from ircc or you did upfront medical?

2) Did u upload your medical form via Webform or via CIC portal ?

3) When your baby was added under dependent , did u receive a ghost update or mail in your portal?

Shivam Chandel

Aug 7, 2019
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Congratulations again. Two questions please .

3) When your baby was added under dependent , did u receive a ghost update or mail in your portal?
-- No, I never received any medical request letter. Instead, I gave medicals upfront.

-- I uploaded all the documents via webform. There was no placeholder opened in my CIC account.

-- I received mail that your profile is updated (Although many claim that you dont receive mails for ghost update). After getting mail, I checked and the profile was updated.