+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding New born Baby after submitting the PR Application

SatheshDyn

Jun 17, 2020
<<Sorry if I post the same question again here>>

We have received ITA under CEC and prepared all the docs for PR application and about to submit (still 30 days left), Now question is, My wife is 4 months pregnant, due for delivery is end of Nov 2020, planning to go to India for delivery.

By that time our PR application might have reached 70 or 80% I hope, if all docs are processed as planned. Can I add new born baby after delivery, around Dec 2020 when application is under process? or I have any difficulties like only till certain stages modifications are allowed to PR application?

Kennykentipsy101

Feb 15, 2020
<<Sorry if I post the same question again here>>

We have received ITA under CEC and prepared all the docs for PR application and about to submit (still 30 days left), Now question is, My wife is 4 months pregnant, due for delivery is end of Nov 2020, planning to go to India for delivery.

By that time our PR application might have reached 70 or 80% I hope, if all docs are processed as planned. Can I add new born baby after delivery, around Dec 2020 when application is under process? or I have any difficulties like only till certain stages modifications are allowed to PR application?
Yes u can add a new born to your application while it been processed even after your application has been approved.

But you can only add wheh the baby is born. Just notify IRCC when the baby baby is born via the webform

I hope the answers your question. Goodluck

Jibihi

Jan 13, 2019
Hi guys please I have a few questions to ask

I recently received an ADR for Newborn and I was given 30 days to upload the necessary documents, the issue now is my newborn's passport is going to take longer than usual because of the COVID-19 pandemic. Should I go ahead an fill the IM 0008 form and leave the part of passport details blank for my newborn and upload it that way with an LOE and upload all the documents I have ready in the provided placeholder (birth certificate and receipt of fees)OR should I send them a webform asking them if I should wait till the passport is ready before uploading anything?

The part where they ask for document number on the IMM0008 form, what should I fill in because it wont be validated if the space is blank

If they ask me for my newborn's documents does this mean my eligibility has been processed or is in processing?

If i applied as a family of 3 and my POF already covers a family of 4, am I still required to provide the same POF?
In the ADR I got, It said an updated POF for the new family member is required but I had already uploaded the required amount for a family of 4 at the time of submission

Thank you!

SatheshDyn

Jun 17, 2020
Yes u can add a new born to your application while it been processed even after your application has been approved.

But you can only add when the baby is born. Just notify IRCC when the baby baby is born via the webform

I hope the answers your question. Goodluck
Thanks a lot for your guidance, this really helps and clarified my doubts.

sarfaraza

Sep 17, 2019
I added my new born and submitted the forms, passport, medical and fees. Now i have been asked to provide updated POF, which will be done soon. However, i don't see new born under the dependent section or any information section of the new born?. any guidance will be appreciated.

EnthuChap

Jun 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2019
Doc's Request.
22-01-2020
Nomination.....
26-11-2019
AOR Received.
01-12-2019
Med's Request
02-11-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2020
Passport Req..
06-04-2021
LANDED..........
10-09-2021
I added my new born and submitted the forms, passport, medical and fees. Now i have been asked to provide updated POF, which will be done soon. However, i don't see new born under the dependent section or any information section of the new born?. any guidance will be appreciated.
It will be shown once u provide the updated PoF. You docs list didn't show Photo and BC, so I hope you have provided that too.

sarfaraza

Sep 17, 2019
It will be shown once u provide the updated PoF. You docs list didn't show Photo and BC, so I hope you have provided that too.

Birth Certificate was provided as part of the Kit, while no Photo is submitted as I thought that is to be uploaded once the new born's section will open up in the profile

EnthuChap

Jun 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2019
Doc's Request.
22-01-2020
Nomination.....
26-11-2019
AOR Received.
01-12-2019
Med's Request
02-11-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2020
Passport Req..
06-04-2021
LANDED..........
10-09-2021
Birth Certificate was provided as part of the Kit, while no Photo is submitted as I thought that is to be uploaded once the new born's section will open up in the profile
Photo is also a part of the Kit, so u can send that too in your next communication.

Shivam Chandel

Aug 7, 2019
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Hello folks,

I need to guidance for newborn medical.
Will IRCC share the medical letter after we upload all the docs and pay fees ? OR is there any other way that people do medical for new born addition.

I see people have uploaded kid's medical in their webform with other required docs.

Shivam Chandel

Aug 7, 2019
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Hello folks,

Can anyone pls clarify below queries related to IMM0008 form for adding newborn :

1) Do I need to add my spouse as well in "Dependents" section ? She is already part of my PR application and her name comes under dependents in my profile.
2) In "Education/Occupation details" section, what to fill for "Current occupation" and "Intended occupation" for newborn. Should i write N/A or Not applicable ?

Thanks

EnthuChap

Jun 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2019
Doc's Request.
22-01-2020
Nomination.....
26-11-2019
AOR Received.
01-12-2019
Med's Request
02-11-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2020
Passport Req..
06-04-2021
LANDED..........
10-09-2021
Hello folks,

I need to guidance for newborn medical.
Will IRCC share the medical letter after we upload all the docs and pay fees ? OR is there any other way that people do medical for new born addition.

I see people have uploaded kid's medical in their webform with other required docs.
This is how I had done:

After the child was born, I went ahead with obtaining his BC (birth certificate). The moment I received the BC, I sent a webform to IRCC informing about the birth of a new born and that I intend to add the child to my existing application. I received an acknowledgement from IRCC and I took the same acknowledgement for booking and performing the medicals of the child. The medical center probed me, but I answered them that I have an existing PR application and showed them the acknowledgement received from IRCC. It was smooth post that.

Mind you, once you send the webform and inform IRCC of your intention, they take 20-30 days to update your EE application and create one placeholder to update all the docs pertaining to child addition. You have to merge all the docs and upload in this newly created placeholder. If due to size restrictions u are unable to include all the docs in this kit, then you can send the remaining through a webform. You can, however, mention in your LOE that some associated docs are being sent through a webform. The documents would be:
  1. LOE / Cover letter
  2. Processing Fee for the child receipt
  3. Photo of the child
  4. Form IMM008 for the Primary Applicant. Need not be printed and signed, as you will be digitally signing it.
  5. IMM5406 for Primary applicant, Secondary applicant and any other applicant who is 18 yr old or more. IMM5406 needs to be filled in English and as well as your mother tongue. So, two copies of IMM5406 for each applicant - one in English and one in mother tongue. This has to be printed and signed by black pen.
  6. BC of the child
  7. Passport of the child
  8. Medical certificate of the child
Like if this helps. GL

Shivam Chandel

Aug 7, 2019
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
This is how I had done:

After the child was born, I went ahead with obtaining his BC (birth certificate). The moment I received the BC, I sent a webform to IRCC informing about the birth of a new born and that I intend to add the child to my existing application. I received an acknowledgement from IRCC and I took the same acknowledgement for booking and performing the medicals of the child. The medical center probed me, but I answered them that I have an existing PR application and showed them the acknowledgement received from IRCC. It was smooth post that.

Mind you, once you send the webform and inform IRCC of your intention, they take 20-30 days to update your EE application and create one placeholder to update all the docs pertaining to child addition. You have to merge all the docs and upload in this newly created placeholder. If due to size restrictions u are unable to include all the docs in this kit, then you can send the remaining through a webform. You can, however, mention in your LOE that some associated docs are being sent through a webform. The documents would be:
  1. LOE / Cover letter
  2. Processing Fee for the child receipt
  3. Photo of the child
  4. Form IMM008 for the Primary Applicant. Need not be printed and signed, as you will be digitally signing it.
  5. IMM5406 for Primary applicant, Secondary applicant and any other applicant who is 18 yr old or more. IMM5406 needs to be filled in English and as well as your mother tongue. So, two copies of IMM5406 for each applicant - one in English and one in mother tongue. This has to be printed and signed by black pen.
  6. BC of the child
  7. Passport of the child
  8. Medical certificate of the child
Like if this helps. GL
Thanks for detailed explanation. Really appreciate it.

1) In how many days did IRCC typically replies to your webform for adding newborn ? I raised webform on 12th August.
2) As you mentioned only one placeholder si opened, which all documents did you send via webform OR were you able to merge everything in single pdf ?
3) Regarding medicals, did you ever got any request letter from IRCC ?

Reactions: EnthuChap

EnthuChap

Jun 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2019
Doc's Request.
22-01-2020
Nomination.....
26-11-2019
AOR Received.
01-12-2019
Med's Request
02-11-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2020
Passport Req..
06-04-2021
LANDED..........
10-09-2021
Thanks for detailed explanation. Really appreciate it.

1) In how many days did IRCC typically replies to your webform for adding newborn ? I raised webform on 12th August.
2) As you mentioned only one placeholder si opened, which all documents did you send via webform OR were you able to merge everything in single pdf ?
I had initiated new born addition in the month Of Jan '20. Back then, IRCC responded to my webform query in 4 days. From that point, they took approximately 15 more days to update my EE application with the name of the new dependent and the placeholder. I had also received a request letter in the inbox, which specified all the docs that IRCC would ask for adding the newborn.

I had previously stated a list of documents. I had merged all those docs together in one pdf file and had uploaded through the placeholder. Now, the Request Letter won't mention anything about update 'Proof of funds' but you are required to share this also with IRCC. You can send this through a webform or include in the same placeholder if the file size permits. You have to show more funds with the new dependent.

You can either use the webform response email that you receive in 4 days to book medicals or you can wait until your EE application gets updated with a placeholder. The second option is better as you can't be denied, since you receive a letter which specifies that medical is required for the child. I did with the first option as I was in a little bit of rush.

Hope I answered all the questions to your satisfaction. Cheers

Reactions: Shivam Chandel

Shivam Chandel

Aug 7, 2019
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
I had initiated new born addition in the month Of Jan '20. Back then, IRCC responded to my webform query in 4 days. From that point, they took approximately 15 more days to update my EE application with the name of the new dependent and the placeholder. I had also received a request letter in the inbox, which specified all the docs that IRCC would ask for adding the newborn.

I had previously stated a list of documents. I had merged all those docs together in one pdf file and had uploaded through the placeholder. Now, the Request Letter won't mention anything about update 'Proof of funds' but you are required to share this also with IRCC. You can send this through a webform or include in the same placeholder if the file size permits. You have to show more funds with the new dependent.

You can either use the webform response email that you receive in 4 days to book medicals or you can wait until your EE application gets updated with a placeholder. The second option is better as you can't be denied, since you receive a letter which specifies that medical is required for the child. I did with the first option as I was in a little bit of rush.

Hope I answered all the questions to your satisfaction. Cheers
Sure thanks, I will keep you posted with my timeline .

Reactions: EnthuChap