Mar 15, 2018
USA
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
6/12/2018
Passport Req..
11/09/2018
Well thanks alot information you shared with us will definitely help... well one thing is clear which is if you do not get response within 10 working days it means you need to send another inquiry which is really frustrating as you always gets confused whether this time they got your request or not... well other part of information is very handy....submit multiple forms to upload documents as one form only gives you space of 2MB. Well I am hoping for their quick response as my application is not online and I sent my outland PR by mail under AIPP program and I am happy to send further docs by mail as well.
Can you please also tell how long it took you to reach agent (waiting time???).

Regards
No worries. The waiting tome nowadays is about 30 minutes, not bad. I remember calling them last year around June and it took about 60 minutes to talk to an agent

Gemini_june

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
No worries. The waiting tome nowadays is about 30 minutes, not bad. I remember calling them last year around June and it took about 60 minutes to talk to an agent
5 working days has been past since I sent the CSE I hope I will get reply soon .

Apr 4, 2018
Waterloo
App. Filed.......
Hey guys.
I'm trying to add my new born son aswell. Got my AOR on Dec 2nd. My son was born on Oct 20 and finally got his passport, medical, birth certificate by Dec 15th.

I originally raised a CSE on Dec 17 and got no further instructions. I raised a CSE again yesterday and got the following email similar to OP.

What I'm trying to figure out is which forms i need to fill and submit. I'm confused because all except the first say 'if applicable'.... How do I know if it applies to me?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Pretty stressed out here.

-------
Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. As discussed, you will find below complementary information to our conversation:

After applying for permanent residence under the Economic class - Adding a family member

If you are the principal applicant of a permanent residence application already in process, you could add your spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children to your application, even if they were listed as a non-accompanying dependant in the initial application.

To do so, we invite you to send your add-on request through the IRCC webform available on our website. You can attach the following forms and documents in the field reserved to that effect:

Useful tips

• If you need information to fill out the forms, please consult the Fill out the forms section of the instruction guide found in the application kit that you have initially used to apply.
  • If the newly eligible family member is a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child who is already a permanent resident or Canadian citizen, only a copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship and a letter of explanation are required.
  • It may be impossible to add a member of your family to the application if a final decision has already been made.
We hope you will find this information helpful.

Your add-on request will be evaluated by the responsible office. You will be contacted when a decision will be made or if further information is required.
-------

Moriss

Dec 7, 2018
They should respond within 10 days. Our medicals also expire in April. I just submitted all the additional documents. We plan to do a soft landing before April. You should think about doing the same too.
Hello, may I ask if you and your partner have already got your visas, which is why you are planning to do soft landing with baby.
Also, I am in similar situation: my baby is due in March 2019 for time being I have not yet received PPR (medicals done in October 2018). I am Quebec skilled worker applicant. Do you think that if I add baby right after birth, he will be added rapidly to my application?
Thanks in advance

Gemini_june

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
Hey guys.
I'm trying to add my new born son aswell. Got my AOR on Dec 2nd. My son was born on Oct 20 and finally got his passport, medical, birth certificate by Dec 15th.

I originally raised a CSE on Dec 17 and got no further instructions. I raised a CSE again yesterday and got the following email similar to OP.

What I'm trying to figure out is which forms i need to fill and submit. I'm confused because all except the first say 'if applicable'.... How do I know if it applies to me?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Pretty stressed out here.

-------
Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. As discussed, you will find below complementary information to our conversation:

After applying for permanent residence under the Economic class - Adding a family member

If you are the principal applicant of a permanent residence application already in process, you could add your spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children to your application, even if they were listed as a non-accompanying dependant in the initial application.

To do so, we invite you to send your add-on request through the IRCC webform available on our website. You can attach the following forms and documents in the field reserved to that effect:

Useful tips

• If you need information to fill out the forms, please consult the Fill out the forms section of the instruction guide found in the application kit that you have initially used to apply.
  • If the newly eligible family member is a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child who is already a permanent resident or Canadian citizen, only a copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship and a letter of explanation are required.
  • It may be impossible to add a member of your family to the application if a final decision has already been made.
We hope you will find this information helpful.

Your add-on request will be evaluated by the responsible office. You will be contacted when a decision will be made or if further information is required.
-------

Hello Dear,

I am in same boat and do not know what to do. Raised CSE on 2nd Feb no reply yet very stressed now and do not know what to do next. You got response from them at least. Do you know how you will upload all documents over Webform in CSE, as webform will only allow you to upload 3 MB of data collectively...??

To best of my knowledge you need to submitt following documents :

A new (updated) Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) just add another dependent in form as It allows you to do so.
A signed Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) form (both you and your spouse need to fill up separate signed copies of this form)
A copy of the birth certificate
A copy of the baby's valid passport
Payment receipt of CAD 150
A letter of explanation (I do not know what to write exactly but I guess you should explain them about baby birth and request them to add)
Updated proof of payment (if you are outland applicant) you need to show them that you have sufficient settlement funds after addition of another family member.
Not sure about baby photographs (being paper based applicant I submitted my whole family photographs when submitted application to CIO,Sydney).

I hope this information will help you up to some extent.

Regards

Apr 4, 2018
Waterloo
App. Filed.......
Hello Dear,

I am in same boat and do not know what to do. Raised CSE on 2nd Feb no reply yet very stressed now and do not know what to do next. You got response from them at least. Do you know how you will upload all documents over Webform in CSE, as webform will only allow you to upload 3 MB of data collectively...??

To best of my knowledge you need to submitt following documents :

A new (updated) Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) just add another dependent in form as It allows you to do so.
A signed Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) form (both you and your spouse need to fill up separate signed copies of this form)
A copy of the birth certificate
A copy of the baby's valid passport
Payment receipt of CAD 150
A letter of explanation (I do not know what to write exactly but I guess you should explain them about baby birth and request them to add)
Updated proof of payment (if you are outland applicant) you need to show them that you have sufficient settlement funds after addition of another family member.
Not sure about baby photographs (being paper based applicant I submitted my whole family photographs when submitted application to CIO,Sydney).

I hope this information will help you up to some extent.

Regards

Thanks for the input! I initially raised a CSE on Dec 17 and got an automated response... no further instructions. I then waited patiently. Assuming IRCC would be off for Xmas and New Year’s. Come Feb I got a little worried and raised another CSE. This time they responded with the email I shared.

I then went to the web form and it asked if my application was being processed outside Canada. I originally thought, "Well, yeah! I'm applying from outside Canada." When you select outside it says pick your VAC and for Pakistan, mine turned out to be Abu Dhabi... For whatever reason, I decided to call the IRCC helpline, waited 45 min for an agent.

The agent wasn't a help in terms of what forms I need to submit but he did tell me that my application is in Ottawa, so now I'll be selecting "Inside Canada".

I'd suggest you give them a call as well, been almost 10 working days since Feb 2nd hasn't it? Be sure to ask where your application is, you'll need that when submitting the web form... assuming that's the path they recommend to you as well.

I'm planning on doing the following:

1- Complete IMM0008 and add both my wife (already a part of my original application) and son (this will be the new addition) as dependents. (1 pdf)
2- Fill IMM5669 on behalf of myself and wife (1 pdf)
3- Fill IMM5406 on behalf of myself and wife (1 pdf)
4- LOE explaining the situation, son's birth certificate, son's passport, son's medical, updated POF, $150 receipt (1 pdf)
5- Son's photo (1 jpeg)​

Now comes the challenge of the 3mb limit. I’m going to try and compress all the scans and image and add multiple files. If that doesn't work, I guess the only solution would be multiple web forms till I get all the documents through.

I'm also looking for an email id for Ottawa... If I get that, I'll send all attachments to that email id as well. To be honest, I'm not comfortable sending it to an email id, this is private information... don't want it getting into the wrong hands.

Any thoughts on the matter?

Gemini_june

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
Well thanks for your reply some of the information would definately help me .

Well under which programe you have applied ?
Are you paper-based outland applicant for PR?

I wish I could send all documents by post again to the same office I submitted my application to , but I guess thats not how it works we have to go through Web form and then wait ages for IRCC reply and then wonder again how to do next .

Gemini_june

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
Hi,

I have submitted all the documents back in July. I asked to put my application on hold as my wife was carrying and did not get her x-ray part of medical done. I got passport of my new born and reached out to CIC thru web form on 1st Feb. I got below reply on 5th Feb

"Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We are pleased to confirm the reception of the following documents:

Birth Certificate
IMM 0008
IMM 0008DEP
Passport

We have forwarded them and the information you provided to the responsible office for their consideration.

If further information is needed during the processing of your application, the responsible office may contact you.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry."

Here are my questions:

1. What will be ETA (approx) for CIC to get my new born added?
2. Can my new born undergo Medical Exam before getting added to the applcaition?
3. As my application is older than 6 months (avg processing time), when can I expect the completion of all other items.
4. I took medical exam in June. I read somewhere that you should be landing in Canada within one year of taking your medical. Is that correct?
5. If yes, how does that work for me? Will all my processing be done by June? Will CIC ask me to land before June if completed? Or, will I be asked to retake the medicals?
6. Also, can someone please list the items that I will be undergoing after application submission.

Thanks in advance

Hello Dear,

1- Time is not specified and it could be done in a week or can take few month all depends of IRCC.
2- Depends on type of application express entry applicants are allowed to have upfront Medicals where as other applicants wait until IRCC request.
3- Did not really understand this question ( You delayed your mrs medical and now IRCC will only process and make decisions once whole family will pass medicals and other process are done at IRCC end)
4- Yes medical expires after 1 year, if your case decision is not made within year from your medicals date IRCC will ask to re done medicals.
5- No one really can tell you when your application outcome will be decided, its all upto IRCC when they will finishing processing your application decision will be made.
6- Wait and only wait.... IRCC will let you know if they need any thing from your side like additional document, new medicals, interview etc...

I am also in process of adding new born baby and I think you are the one who can help me with the process. Could you please tell me if you are paper-based applicant or express entry ?? Under which program you have applied your PR?
Did you submit new born baby documents via mail or over CSE web-form?

Regards

Reactions: sadath251

sadath251

Feb 14, 2019
Hello Dear,

1- Time is not specified and it could be done in a week or can take few month all depends of IRCC.
2- Depends on type of application express entry applicants are allowed to have upfront Medicals where as other applicants wait until IRCC request.
3- Did not really understand this question ( You delayed your mrs medical and now IRCC will only process and make decisions once whole family will pass medicals and other process are done at IRCC end)
4- Yes medical expires after 1 year, if your case decision is not made within year from your medicals date IRCC will ask to re done medicals.
5- No one really can tell you when your application outcome will be decided, its all upto IRCC when they will finishing processing your application decision will be made.
6- Wait and only wait.... IRCC will let you know if they need any thing from your side like additional document, new medicals, interview etc...

I am also in process of adding new born baby and I think you are the one who can help me with the process. Could you please tell me if you are paper-based applicant or express entry ?? Under which program you have applied your PR?
Did you submit new born baby documents via mail or over CSE web-form?

Regards
Dear Gemini_june,

I am an express entry candidate. You need to follow the below process to get the new born added:

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Gemini_june

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
Dear Gemini_june,

I am an express entry candidate. You need to follow the below process to get the new born added:

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Thank you for your reply .
Which office you select while submitting CSE webform (Inside Canada or Outside Canada)?
How you managed to submit all supporting documents and forms along with your inquiry as space they provide is very limited and only 3 MB.

please share your experience.

Regard,

awais012

Apr 28, 2018
I emailed my visa office with all the relevant documents and they replied back in a week with the requirements for the child including an upfront medical request, passport copy and proof of funds. nothing else required.
What i want to know is that where to upload these documents. There are three new slots open in my cic account under my name but under my sons name there is no slot simply mentioned that no further documents required. So should I just upload the documents under my tab in the open slots? is it fine?

Gemini_june

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
I emailed my visa office with all the relevant documents and they replied back in a week with the requirements for the child including an upfront medical request, passport copy and proof of funds. nothing else required.
What i want to know is that where to upload these documents. There are three new slots open in my cic account under my name but under my sons name there is no slot simply mentioned that no further documents required. So should I just upload the documents under my tab in the open slots? is it fine?
Hello Awais,
you should upload documents where slot is opened . You should feel lucky that they have responded you so quick. I am going through same process and never heard from IRCC even after couple of webforms . I am paper-based outland PR applicant currently my file is in London Visa Office. Which visa office is handling your file dear?

Supernova

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
Hello, may I ask if you and your partner have already got your visas, which is why you are planning to do soft landing with baby.
Also, I am in similar situation: my baby is due in March 2019 for time being I have not yet received PPR (medicals done in October 2018). I am Quebec skilled worker applicant. Do you think that if I add baby right after birth, he will be added rapidly to my application?
Thanks in advance
Hi Moriss,

We are planning to do a soft landing with the baby sometime in the first week of April. You need to inform IRCC of ANY and ALL changes that occur that materially affect your application. Having a baby is one such change. And yes, once you inform IRCC of the baby and submit all the necessary documents, your baby will be added to your application within 1 month.

rkumar280

Feb 21, 2019
Hello,

I submitted my PR application in Express Entry in November 21st, after that i got married.

On Jan 4th through webform I informed CIC about my marriage, attached marriage certificate and I would like to add my wife to the profile. I didn't get any response except an an email saying We verified the information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office.

On Jan 19th I called CIC , they said they haven't received any information, they sent me few forms and list of required documents over email and asked me to submit through webform.

On Feb 4th I submitted all the forms and documents as requested in the email.

On Feb 6th I received an email which says
We are pleased to confirm the reception of the following documents:
We have forwarded them to the responsible office for their consideration.
On Feb 6th I called CIC and informed that i submitted the documents and asked what will be the next steps. The agent said with in 10 days it should be updated in my online account if not you may require to send the documents by mail to the local office as this is the 2nd time i submitted the information through webform.

On Feb 21st I called CIC and the agent says the submitted documents will not be shown in the online account and it is in process.

My question is, will i see my wife's information in the online account or not and if i wanted to submit my wife's documents to the CIC office what is the address. Is there anybody who faced similar kind of issue or whose application is processed without showing the information in the online account.

Thanks in Advance

Inderjot Rasila

Jul 12, 2018
Thanks for the input! I initially raised a CSE on Dec 17 and got an automated response... no further instructions. I then waited patiently. Assuming IRCC would be off for Xmas and New Year’s. Come Feb I got a little worried and raised another CSE. This time they responded with the email I shared.

I then went to the web form and it asked if my application was being processed outside Canada. I originally thought, "Well, yeah! I'm applying from outside Canada." When you select outside it says pick your VAC and for Pakistan, mine turned out to be Abu Dhabi... For whatever reason, I decided to call the IRCC helpline, waited 45 min for an agent.

The agent wasn't a help in terms of what forms I need to submit but he did tell me that my application is in Ottawa, so now I'll be selecting "Inside Canada".

I'd suggest you give them a call as well, been almost 10 working days since Feb 2nd hasn't it? Be sure to ask where your application is, you'll need that when submitting the web form... assuming that's the path they recommend to you as well.

I'm planning on doing the following:

1- Complete IMM0008 and add both my wife (already a part of my original application) and son (this will be the new addition) as dependents. (1 pdf)
2- Fill IMM5669 on behalf of myself and wife (1 pdf)
3- Fill IMM5406 on behalf of myself and wife (1 pdf)
4- LOE explaining the situation, son's birth certificate, son's passport, son's medical, updated POF, $150 receipt (1 pdf)
5- Son's photo (1 jpeg)​

Now comes the challenge of the 3mb limit. I’m going to try and compress all the scans and image and add multiple files. If that doesn't work, I guess the only solution would be multiple web forms till I get all the documents through.

I'm also looking for an email id for Ottawa... If I get that, I'll send all attachments to that email id as well. To be honest, I'm not comfortable sending it to an email id, this is private information... don't want it getting into the wrong hands.

Any thoughts on the matter?
Hi,

I am also in same boat hope you were able to add your son by now.

Did you upload all documents as one as part of new CSE form and have they been accepted?

Also I am unable to download forms (IMM 0008,IMM 0008DEP,IMM 5406) and getting below message:

Please wait...
If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the document, your PDF
viewer may not be able to display this type of document.
You can upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader for Windows®, Mac, or Linux® by
visiting http://www.adobe.com/go/reader_download.
For more assistance with Adobe Reader visit http://www.adobe.com/go/acrreader.

Any pointer on how to get it resolved?

Thanks
Inderjot