+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding New born Baby after submitting the PR Application

Apr 4, 2018
Waterloo
App. Filed.......
This is a terribly late response and I apologize in advance. I'm coloring a few of the steps in bright red just to show the importance.

I took the following steps and my son was added to my application within a week... this is after I wasted over a month trying to do the same through CSE.... I got my COPR in March, no hassles.

1- Have the following docs ready...
  • Son's birth certificate
  • Son's passport
  • Son's upfront medical (in case of EE)
  • Updated POF to reflect new family composition
2- Call CIC and figure out where your application currently is... inside or outside Canada (you'll need this info in the next step)

3- Raise a webform selecting change in family composition.. (NOTE: webform is different from CSE) Attach the above docs in the webform and submit. Wait for reply with further steps.

The next steps might be different for you but this is what I was requested to submit in 30 days.

4- Go to the online payment option and submit the dependent Processing Fees (NOTE: there is no RPRF for new borns or dependents below a certain age). Make sure you save a pdf of the receipt.. you will need it later

5- Complete IMM 0008 (to be completed by primary applicant ONLY). Complete this on your computer... Click Validate (this will create new pages with bar codes)... Print out the document.. Sign where necessary... put bar code pages on top and rescan (first page should be bar code pages and last page with your signature)

6- Complete IMM 5406 (to be completed by primary applicant AND spouse)... complete on your computer, print, sign and scan

7- Create an LOE explaining the change in family composition, also mention all the documents your attaching: birth certificate, passport, invoice, upfront medical, POF, IMM 0008, IMM 5406 for primary, IMM 5406 for spouse

8- Now you need to upload.. Go to MyCIC and check your application for placeholders for your newborn... Upload using the respective placeholders, double check and submit.

In the coming day's you'll get another message in your account as acknowledgment and your child will be added to the dependents section on your application.

Akash_16

May 7, 2018
This is a terribly late response and I apologize in advance. I'm coloring a few of the steps in bright red just to show the importance.

I took the following steps and my son was added to my application within a week... this is after I wasted over a month trying to do the same through CSE.... I got my COPR in March, no hassles.

• Son's passport
2- Call CIC and figure out where your application currently is... inside or outside Canada (you'll need this info in the next step)

3- Raise a webform selecting change in family composition.. (NOTE: webform is different from CSE) Attach the above docs in the webform and submit. Wait for reply with further steps.

The next steps might be different for you but this is what I was requested to submit in 30 days.

4- Go to the online payment option and submit the dependent Processing Fees (NOTE: there is no RPRF for new borns or dependents below a certain age). Make sure you save a pdf of the receipt.. you will need it later

5- Complete IMM 0008 (to be completed by primary applicant ONLY). Complete this on your computer... Click Validate (this will create new pages with bar codes)... Print out the document.. Sign where necessary... put bar code pages on top and rescan (first page should be bar code pages and last page with your signature)

6- Complete IMM 5406 (to be completed by primary applicant AND spouse)... complete on your computer, print, sign and scan

7- Create an LOE explaining the change in family composition, also mention all the documents your attaching: birth certificate, passport, invoice, upfront medical, POF, IMM 0008, IMM 5406 for primary, IMM 5406 for spouse

8- Now you need to upload.. Go to MyCIC and check your application for placeholders for your newborn... Upload using the respective placeholders, double check and submit.

In the coming day's you'll get another message in your account as acknowledgment and your child will be added to the dependents section on your application.
Hi,

In my case, i have recieved my PPR mail and have deposited the passports for visa. My wife is due in July.
Do i need to inform CIC right now or when the baby is born.

How do i add the newborn after that ? Please guide.

Regards
AB

Apr 4, 2018
Waterloo
App. Filed.......
Hi,

In my case, i have recieved my PPR mail and have deposited the passports for visa. My wife is due in July.
Do i need to inform CIC right now or when the baby is born.

How do i add the newborn after that ? Please guide.

Regards
AB
Hi
A few things for you to consider...

If you were earlier in the pregnancy I'd recommend...Get your passport, travel and have the baby in Canada...you might have to pay for everything since med coverage takes time (Alberta is an exception I believe) but this way your child would be a natural citizen and won't go through the PR process.

However, traveling so late in your pregnancy is risky for mother and child...

What I would do in your position is I'd email my VO immediately and tell them of my predicament just to have written proof in case things get complicated later on. I'd also call CIC and tell them the same thing on the phone, once again as proof. (Call logs can come in handy in court).
Fill out a CSE and also a webform! Don't forget to mention that you've submitted your passports.

Hopefully you'll get instructions on how to proceed, follow those and you'll be in the clear. I'm assuming they won't be too different from mine...but... your COPR might be reissued since the family composition will change.

Remember that you cannot take the baby without proper documentation. You need to have the baby added to your COPR... I believe going through the steps I had taken should suffice.

I am not a consultant/agent/lawyer! Make sure you do your own, thorough research!

vcdxb

Jun 24, 2019

• Son's passport

------------------------

Hey iamtipsyritenow,

Hoping you can help answer some questions for me. I have a new born who is 1 month old today and needs to be added to my application.

3 question in the IMM 008 form that I need a little guidance on are -

1. Current & Intended Occupation - since she is a new born, should i enter both as N/A?
2. Native language / Native tongue - I' am Indian and my newborn has also got Indian passport. my wife is South African. we live in Duba. so basically my question is, can i select the language as Enlgish since thats the only language we use at home? or do i have to enter Hindi based on the Indian passport? it does not give me an option to leave blank.
3. Are you able to communicate in English and/or French - again she is a newborn who cannot speak as of now. so i have to slect this as a No. My only concern is that the person who reviews this should not miss out that she is an infant. maybe i' am being extra cautious.
4. Dependents - if I am filling the application for my newborn daughter, do I need to add anything to the dependent section?

thanks,

Apr 4, 2018
Waterloo
App. Filed.......
------------------------

Hey iamtipsyritenow,

Hoping you can help answer some questions for me. I have a new born who is 1 month old today and needs to be added to my application.

3 question in the IMM 008 form that I need a little guidance on are -

1. Current & Intended Occupation - since she is a new born, should i enter both as N/A?
2. Native language / Native tongue - I' am Indian and my newborn has also got Indian passport. my wife is South African. we live in Duba. so basically my question is, can i select the language as Enlgish since thats the only language we use at home? or do i have to enter Hindi based on the Indian passport? it does not give me an option to leave blank.
3. Are you able to communicate in English and/or French - again she is a newborn who cannot speak as of now. so i have to slect this as a No. My only concern is that the person who reviews this should not miss out that she is an infant. maybe i' am being extra cautious.
4. Dependents - if I am filling the application for my newborn daughter, do I need to add anything to the dependent section?

thanks,
Hey vcdxb
I'll address question 4 first... IMM 0008 needs to be filled by the primary applicant... Your spouse and new born (if you're a family of just 3) will both fall under dependents. From what I understand, you're filling the form incorrectly.
  1. I wrote "New Born" in both fields.
  2. I think using the primary applicant's native language would be more suitable.
  3. I wrote "Neither"

vcdxb

Jun 24, 2019
Hey vcdxb
I'll address question 4 first... IMM 0008 needs to be filled by the primary applicant... Your spouse and new born (if you're a family of just 3) will both fall under dependents. From what I understand, you're filling the form incorrectly.
  1. I wrote "New Born" in both fields.
  2. I think using the primary applicant's native language would be more suitable.
  3. I wrote "Neither"
----

hey iamtipsyritenow, thanks for the quick response -

short background - i submitted my application back in October 2018 and my wife was part of it as a dependent.
when i recevied the invite to submit the papers, she was pregnant and could not do x-ray
10 days ago i got a message that as per the records i should have a newborn now, which is correct, and needs to be added to the application.

so if i get what you're saying, in the form IMM 0008, i will fill in my details as I' am the primary applicant. and I will add both my newborn and my wife under dependents (even though my wife already shows as a dependent in my application)?

thanks again for your help.

Apr 4, 2018
Waterloo
App. Filed.......
----

hey iamtipsyritenow, thanks for the quick response -

short background - i submitted my application back in October 2018 and my wife was part of it as a dependent.
when i recevied the invite to submit the papers, she was pregnant and could not do x-ray
10 days ago i got a message that as per the records i should have a newborn now, which is correct, and needs to be added to the application.

so if i get what you're saying, in the form IMM 0008, i will fill in my details as I' am the primary applicant. and I will add both my newborn and my wife under dependents (even though my wife already shows as a dependent in my application)?

thanks again for your help.
Yes that's correct..

Anpman

Apr 15, 2018

• Son's passport

Hi,
I received my PPR mail but my wife is pregnant with due date in July...we have informed Cic ,they said they will cancel approval of our application and no need to send passport...And inform them when baby is born with proof of birth...
My questions are-
1.I live in usa...Baby birth certificate will take 15-20 days to come...Should I inform birth of baby after receiving birth certificate or any document from hospital confirming birth will work?Do I have to inform CiC within1-2 days of birth of newborn?
2.It will take minimum 45 days for me collect baby birth certificate,passport...Does Cic give us this much time to submit documents after informing them?
3.Do I have to go for baby upfront medical or I have wait for instructions from CIc after submitting my documents?
4.If you are in US, in how much time u were able to get all documents of baby?

Apr 4, 2018
Waterloo
App. Filed.......
Hi,
I received my PPR mail but my wife is pregnant with due date in July...we have informed Cic ,they said they will cancel approval of our application and no need to send passport...And inform them when baby is born with proof of birth...
My questions are-
1.I live in usa...Baby birth certificate will take 15-20 days to come...Should I inform birth of baby after receiving birth certificate or any document from hospital confirming birth will work?Do I have to inform CiC within1-2 days of birth of newborn?
2.It will take minimum 45 days for me collect baby birth certificate,passport...Does Cic give us this much time to submit documents after informing them?
3.Do I have to go for baby upfront medical or I have wait for instructions from CIc after submitting my documents?
4.If you are in US, in how much time u were able to get all documents of baby?
Hi Anpman
1- I'm not really sure what the official SOP is... I contacted them AFTER I had all the documents.
2- Yes CIC does generally give you time. How much time is given might vary.
3- You'll need identification for the medical, meaning you'll need at least a passport or equivalent. If you're an EE applicant you can opt for an upfront medical in normal cases, not particularly sure for what happens after PPR...
4- Not in the US so can't say.

Anpman

Apr 15, 2018
Hi Anpman
1- I'm not really sure what the official SOP is... I contacted them AFTER I had all the documents.
2- Yes CIC does generally give you time. How much time is given might vary.
3- You'll need identification for the medical, meaning you'll need at least a passport or equivalent. If you're an EE applicant you can opt for an upfront medical in normal cases, not particularly sure for what happens after PPR...
4- Not in the US so can't say.
Ok...thanx a lot for the information...
Yes I am express entry candidate so I think I can apply for upfront medical...

Sherondeena

Dec 20, 2017
Hi,

I have got a newborn baby a month ago and have got the PR now and they have requested me to send my passports for stamping within 30days. Since I have taken my medical 11 months ago I have got only a month time for my medical to turn a year. Will I have to travel before that? what can I do to include my newborn to my visa within this short period?
Can I take her on a tourist VISA?
Please advise me if anyone knows about the procedures?

Thanks

Rajesh360

Jul 18, 2019
Hey, this forum posting seems to be very helpful.

I'm in a similar situation. Got the PPR (Ready for visa), in the mean time, we have been blessed with a baby. Have informed on this via web form as well as the Ottawa email.
Just 10 days left in the expiry of the date.
Received an email from the Delhi High Commission, referring 'Not to send the passport' at this stage, while they look forward to send the instructions on child add on.

However, the PPR request will expire in the mean time.
Should I still submit the passport for Visa stamping to VFS before the deadline date of July 28, 2019?

Please suggest.
@Anpman @iamtipsyritenow @Applicant2019

gaurav.joshi

Aug 31, 2019
Hello,

So when we are trying to add a newborn to our PR application, the primary applicant is newborn or the member which is already primary applicant to this application.
The reason to clarify this that the forms IMM008 and IMM5406 needs to be filled by the primary applicant.

Thank you so much in advance!

Anpman

Apr 15, 2018
Hello,

So when we are trying to add a newborn to our PR application, the primary applicant is newborn or the member which is already primary applicant to this application.
The reason to clarify this that the forms IMM008 and IMM5406 needs to be filled by the primary applicant.

Thank you so much in advance![/QUOTE
Member who is already primary applicant.
Details will be filled of primary applicant in the form then u will add details of newborn..