USA
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
6/12/2018
Passport Req..
11/09/2018
Hi,

I am also in same boat hope you were able to add your son by now.

Did you upload all documents as one as part of new CSE form and have they been accepted?

Also I am unable to download forms (IMM 0008,IMM 0008DEP,IMM 5406) and getting below message:

Please wait...
If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the document, your PDF
viewer may not be able to display this type of document.
You can upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader for Windows®, Mac, or Linux® by
visiting http://www.adobe.com/go/reader_download.
For more assistance with Adobe Reader visit http://www.adobe.com/go/acrreader.

Any pointer on how to get it resolved?

Thanks
Inderjot
That message comes to everyone. Download the form and then right click and open.
The attachment limit is 2MB oer doc. If you are sending multiple documents, you can attach upto 3.5mb. And You can send multiple CSEs to submit documents.I had to send 3 CSEs to submit all the documents to add my baby.

Inderjot Rasila

Jul 12, 2018
That message comes to everyone. Download the form and then right click and open.
The attachment limit is 2MB oer doc. If you are sending multiple documents, you can attach upto 3.5mb. And You can send multiple CSEs to submit documents.I had to send 3 CSEs to submit all the documents to add my baby.
Thank you... So you submitted 3 CSE forms and in how much time you got response back that your baby has been added to your application?

Pin

Mar 15, 2018
USA
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
6/12/2018
Passport Req..
11/09/2018
Thank you... So you submitted 3 CSE forms and in how much time you got response back that your baby has been added to your application?
I am still waiting on that,I have submitted my forms on 3/15/19, it will at least take 4weeks or so.

Inderjot Rasila

Jul 12, 2018
I am still waiting on that,I have submitted my forms on 3/15/19, it will at least take 4weeks or so.
Thanks for the information. I am now able to view the forms.I have one question regarding imm 0008 form and imm 0008depu form.

1) IMM 008 from

Ours is express entry and I do not see any option of express entry. Can you please guide me which option I need to select

i) Program in under which you are applying
Family
Economic
Refuge
Other

ii) Category Under which you are applying

This is based on option selected in Question 1

2) imm 0008depu

Did you provide your baby details in Personal Details section of this form?

Thanking you for your response?

Regards,
Inderjot Singh

Pin

Mar 15, 2018
USA
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
6/12/2018
Passport Req..
11/09/2018
Thanks for the information. I am now able to view the forms.I have one question regarding imm 0008 form and imm 0008depu form.

1) IMM 008 from

Ours is express entry and I do not see any option of express entry. Can you please guide me which option I need to select

i) Program in under which you are applying
Family
Economic
Refuge
Other

ii) Category Under which you are applying

This is based on option selected in Question 1

2) imm 0008depu

Did you provide your baby details in Personal Details section of this form?

Thanking you for your response?

Regards,
Inderjot Singh
1.Express entry is Economic and then pnp or other categories.
2. Yes that form is for new baby. So applicant name is new baby s name. And fill accordingly

Reactions: Inderjot Rasila

Krish00kk

Mar 31, 2018
Guys, I have added my son to the application too. I sent an email to the VISA office and CIC both with all required docs(passport, birth certificate, upfront e-medical), + all those required forms to add child + payment receipt. I did everything upfront without they requesting for it. I see the child added on the application within a week's time. Guys who want to add their children born after AOR to the application can do the same to accelerate the process.

Now, my question to others who have successfully added their children to the application, I would like to know, has anyone's status moved ahead? Please share the timelines so that it's easier for me to keep a track of the same. My AOR is 19-Jan, tentative processing timelines mentioned earlier was 6 months, hence it should have got over on 19-Jul, however CIC says that it may take 8 months in total as I am adding an additional member to the application.

Responses to this with your own situation will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Shleeka

Feb 13, 2019
Hi I would like to ask I have a 2 yrs old child and she has her papers to prove shes canadian. So shes no longer part of the sponosrship application right? If they will ask me for a medical , are they going to check my child as well?

Inderjot Rasila

Jul 12, 2018
Guys, I have added my son to the application too. I sent an email to the VISA office and CIC both with all required docs(passport, birth certificate, upfront e-medical), + all those required forms to add child + payment receipt. I did everything upfront without they requesting for it. I see the child added on the application within a week's time. Guys who want to add their children born after AOR to the application can do the same to accelerate the process.

Now, my question to others who have successfully added their children to the application, I would like to know, has anyone's status moved ahead? Please share the timelines so that it's easier for me to keep a track of the same. My AOR is 19-Jan, tentative processing timelines mentioned earlier was 6 months, hence it should have got over on 19-Jul, however CIC says that it may take 8 months in total as I am adding an additional member to the application.

Thanks.
Hi Krish,

I am glad to know that you son has been added to your application. I also need to add our new born daughter to our application but i do not have any email about my Visa office. May i know where did you get email id for your visa office?

As of now I had submitted a CSE form and the have responded me asking for required documents. I had submitted the required documents as part of three new cse web forms today(due to size restriction of 2MB per document). I have not yet provided medical as it was not mentioned in the documents asked but now thinking of getting it done before as it might speed up process little bit

Regarding your question for timelines currently it is taking lot of time my AOR is 26-Aug-18 with current status as Medicals passed and BG check not yet started :).

Wishing you all the best,

Regards,
Inderjot

ExpressoEntry

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
Hello,

I am in the same boat as most of you all except that I have already received my PR visa on my passport. I have not landed in Canada yet and I received the same email as above since I raised a CSE. It says if applicable next to the forms and there is the information requested in IMM 0008 generic and IMM 0008 DEP is the same. Also do I have to submit 5669 as all this information would already be there in my PR application rite? could someone please help?

jimshady

Star Member
May 1, 2018
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16 Jan 2019
Med's Request
4 Mar 2019
Med's Done....
12 Mar 2019
Passport Req..
27 Mar 2019
VISA ISSUED...
17 Apr 2019
LANDED..........
8 Aug 2019
I call them this morning and the agent told me they never received my CSE which is weird, but they have baby's birth certificate which i sent with the CSE. Anyways, the agen told me they will not open any new placeholders for me to upload documents rather she asked me to use the webform again to attach other documents like IMM 0008, IMM 0008dep, IMM 5406 and IMM 5669, copy of PP, proof of $150. And the other funny this is she asked me to submit multiple webforms to upload these documents because with one webform you can only submit documents upto 2MB. Hope this helps and do update us here about their response to your CSE.
Hello Pin,
Congratulation on the new born. I have received my COPR and am expecting my baby soon and will go through the application again.

One question: which did you select in the form processed the payment?
- Sponsor a dependent child
or
- Include any dependent child ( I am assuming

thanks in advance

when you

jimshady

Star Member
May 1, 2018
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16 Jan 2019
Med's Request
4 Mar 2019
Med's Done....
12 Mar 2019
Passport Req..
27 Mar 2019
VISA ISSUED...
17 Apr 2019
LANDED..........
8 Aug 2019

Thanks.
How did you process your E-Medical in advance without CIC requesting it? can this be done?

Vainik1425

Feb 20, 2019

Thanks.
Hello,
My AOR is 12 Jan 19. My baby is due in June First week.Need your guidance on below points.
1. You mentioned about payment receipt in comments. Can you please share the process(link) to make payment for adding baby in application.

2. Can you please share the visa office email where you sent your docs.

3. Am assuming, you started gathering documents for baby without any intimitation to IRCC, and sent first notification to IRCC with all documents.Please confirm.

Thanks in advance.

Shleeka

Feb 13, 2019
Hi good day, i would like to ask about the process for the medical. There asking me for my medical exam and i have a 2 yrs old who already have her papers and passport that shes a canadian. I just want to ask some advice about my situation. Lol. I am confused. Shes not included in the medical right? Or she needs to do it coz shes my dependeny child? Any thoughts please?

Applicant2019

May 28, 2019
Just finished adding our newborn baby to our submitted PR application. Here's a summary of the process.
  1. First step was to send a message over WebForm that our baby was born. Something like "Our daughter ZZZ was born on dd/mm/yy, after our PR application was submitted. We would like to add her to the PR application"
  2. In 5 days we received the generic response email from CIC notifying us of all the forms to fill and send back (This email is listed at the start of this thread so I wont repost it).
  3. The email contained a link to payment instructions. Before submitting documents in the next step we had to prepay the CAD 150 fee to sponsor a dependent child. After creating a login and submitting the payment we received a payment receipt in email.
  4. We submitted exactly the below documents over WebForm.
    1. Generic Application IMM 0008 soft copy, filled and validated. We DID NOT print or hand signature this form. We just filled the PDF fields, clicked validate and saved and submitted the validated form.
    2. Birth certificate scan
    3. Medical info sheet scan - We had already completed the baby's medical exam at this point. When my wife and I did our medical exams before the delivery, the doctor scheduled us for a medical exam for the baby post-delivery along with my wife's X-Ray.
    4. Baby's passport bio page scan - Only submitted a single page scan, the bio/profile page.
    5. Payment receipt - This is the emailed receipt from the previous step.
    6. Letter of explanation - A word document with the same text from Step 1. In addition we listed all the documents that we were attaching (1-5 above)
  5. We received a confirmation mail from CIC 7 days after submission which listed all the filenames that we had submitted along with the text "We have forwarded them and the information you provided to the responsible office for their consideration. If further information is needed during the processing of your application, the responsible office may contact you."
  6. We received an email exactly 30 days after submission which stated that our application had been updated. I logged in and checked the PR application status and in the list of dependents our daughter's name was added.

Some notes about Step 4.
  • The PDF files for the different forms wouldn't open properly in Chrome. I had to download them and then open them in Adobe Reader to access them properly
  • You only need to submit form IMM 0008 to add newborn baby. Form IMM5669 and IMM5406 are only required if you are adding a new adult dependent to the application. Form IMM0008DEP is only required if you have more than 5 family members.
  • We DID NOT submit IMM5669/IMM5406 for the principal applicant and spouse since those details were already part of the original application.
  • For form IMM 0008 we only submitted the completed digital copy. We filled up the PDF on the computer and clicked validate to make sure the barcodes were generated. We did not print or hand sign the form.
  • The WebForm has a size limit of 2MB per document and 3.5MB max for all documents. We scanned all documents (Birth cert/passport/medical) at a low resolution (150dpi, less than 350KB per scan). As long as all the text is readable there shouldnt be any issues. I was able to submit all documents in step 4 in a single WebForm request. However I have read that if you have larger files, you can submit them across multiple WebForm requests.

Hope these details help.