+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding New born Baby after submitting the PR Application

vidya2019

Nov 14, 2019
Hi

We were asked to submit our passports as a last step but since we were expecting another baby, we waited until he was born to add him. It has been 6 weeks since we submitted his medical forms. Does it usually take this long?

Sakshi arya

Jan 10, 2020
Hi, can someone help me with the form IMM 5406. It says the form needs to be filled in by both the primary applicant and his/her spouse (leaving out dependent children as it doesn’t apply to us).

The first row in the form specified ‘applicant’ and the second row specifies ‘spouse’ under thr relationship column. I am the primary applicant and my husband is the spouse. The question is when my husband fills up this form, then in the first row (which specifies ‘applicant’) it would be his name or mine? It doesn’t make sense to fill both the forms with my name as the applicant and my husband’s name in the spouse; and list my side of the family in one form and his side of the family in the other one.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

jaibajrangbali

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
10-10-2019
AOR Received.
10-10-2019
File Transfer...
13-01-2020
Hi, can someone help me with the form IMM 5406. It says the form needs to be filled in by both the primary applicant and his/her spouse (leaving out dependent children as it doesn’t apply to us).

The first row in the form specified ‘applicant’ and the second row specifies ‘spouse’ under thr relationship column. I am the primary applicant and my husband is the spouse. The question is when my husband fills up this form, then in the first row (which specifies ‘applicant’) it would be his name or mine? It doesn’t make sense to fill both the forms with my name as the applicant and my husband’s name in the spouse; and list my side of the family in one form and his side of the family in the other one.

Any help would be highly appreciated.
On both the forms you’ll enter your name as the applicant not your husband.

EnthuChap

Jun 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2019
Doc's Request.
22-01-2020
Nomination.....
26-11-2019
AOR Received.
01-12-2019
Med's Request
02-11-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2020
Passport Req..
06-04-2021
LANDED..........
10-09-2021
I wrote through a web-form to CIC on 09/Jan/20 asking them to advise me on how to add a newborn. I also had added a BC of the child, to make them certain about this new situation. They responded to me on 14/Jan/20 with the following:

Good day xxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Congratulations on your new addition to the family.

We are pleased to confirm the reception of the following documents:

• xxxxxx_Birth Certificate
We have forwarded it to the responsible office for their consideration.

If further information is needed during the processing of your application, the responsible office may contact you.

In addition, we verified the information on file and can confirm that:

· Your application is currently being processed at the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia

Now, my question is how long it will take for them to come back to me with the instructions to add child after they have acknowledged my web-form query?

imusi

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019
Passport Req..
15-01-2020
I wrote through a web-form to CIC on 09/Jan/20 asking them to advise me on how to add a newborn. I also had added a BC of the child, to make them certain about this new situation. They responded to me on 14/Jan/20 with the following:

Good day xxxxxx,

Congratulations on your new addition to the family.

We are pleased to confirm the reception of the following documents:

• xxxxxx_Birth Certificate
We have forwarded it to the responsible office for their consideration.

If further information is needed during the processing of your application, the responsible office may contact you.

In addition, we verified the information on file and can confirm that:

· Your application is currently being processed at the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia

Now, my question is how long it will take for them to come back to me with the instructions to add child after they have acknowledged my web-form query?

I just added my new born to the application. Raised a webform, and they replied as following:

Good day XXX,

We are pleased to confirm the reception of the following document:

• XXX.PDF
Furthermore, If you are the principal applicant of a permanent residence application already in process, you could add your spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children to your application, even if they were listed as a non-accompanying dependant in the initial application.

To do so, we invite you to write to this email address: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

Please include in your email:

• Your name,
  • Your client ID number,
  • Your application (file) number,
  • The name of the family member you wish to add to your application, and
  • Their relationship to you.
What happens next?

• The Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Ottawa, Ontariowill write back by email or through your account. They will provide the instructions to follow in order to add the family member to your application.
  • Please note it may be impossible to add a member of your family to the application if a final decision has already been made.
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

I followed the instructions and got ADR the next working day; after I submitted the required documents, my baby was added to my profile within a week.

Reactions: EnthuChap

EnthuChap

Jun 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2019
Doc's Request.
22-01-2020
Nomination.....
26-11-2019
AOR Received.
01-12-2019
Med's Request
02-11-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2020
Passport Req..
06-04-2021
LANDED..........
10-09-2021
I just added my new born to the application. Raised a webform, and they replied as following:

Good day XXX,

We are pleased to confirm the reception of the following document:

• XXX.PDF
Furthermore, If you are the principal applicant of a permanent residence application already in process, you could add your spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children to your application, even if they were listed as a non-accompanying dependant in the initial application.

To do so, we invite you to write to this email address: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

Please include in your email:

• Your name,
  • Your client ID number,
  • Your application (file) number,
  • The name of the family member you wish to add to your application, and
  • Their relationship to you.
What happens next?

• The Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Ottawa, Ontariowill write back by email or through your account. They will provide the instructions to follow in order to add the family member to your application.
  • Please note it may be impossible to add a member of your family to the application if a final decision has already been made.
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

I followed the instructions and got ADR the next working day; after I submitted the required documents, my baby was added to my profile within a week.
"They will provide the instructions to follow in order to add the family member to your application."

The response seems like an acknowledgement to me, which I have also received on 14/Jan. The crucial part of receiving the specific instructions to add the child is what I am waiting for e.g. sending filled forms or new fields showing up in existing PR application in EE profile etc.

imusi

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019
Passport Req..
15-01-2020
"They will provide the instructions to follow in order to add the family member to your application."

The response seems like an acknowledgement to me, which I have also received on 14/Jan. The crucial part of receiving the specific instructions to add the child is what I am waiting for e.g. sending filled forms or new fields showing up in existing PR application in EE profile etc.
I was informed that my case is processing at Ottawa CPC, and that may be the reason why they told me to write to Ottawa CPC. Since your application is still sitting at CIO the procedure might be slightly different.

Also in my case, several days after I submitted the webform to inform about the new born baby, I happened to receive the PPR email (without new born) before I got any response for the webform.

Reactions: EnthuChap

imusi

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019
Passport Req..
15-01-2020

To share with you my timeline here with the intention that it may help someone else.

Jan 14 - 1st PPR without new born; then raised webform to inform new born on the same day;

Jan 15 - Received email asking me to contact Ottawa CPC; then emailed Ottawa CPC with required information of new born;

Jan 16 - Received ADR email and EE message listing all the required documents; submitted all documents same day;

Jan 17 - Profile updated with new born baby as dependent, and ADR status changed to ‘not applicable’;

Jan 20 - Ghost Update, no email;

Jan 21 - 2nd PPR.

I was quite amazed by Ottawa CPC’s high efficiency - I got my 2nd PPR in 1 week after informing them.

Documents requested were:
  • Baby’s birth certificate
  • Baby’s passport (photo page only)
  • Baby’s upfront medical certificate
  • Signed form IMM0008
  • Signed form IMM5406 for principle applicant and any dependents aged over 18
  • Receipt of payment (CAD 150, made through IRCC website)

Last edited:

EnthuChap

Jun 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2019
Doc's Request.
22-01-2020
Nomination.....
26-11-2019
AOR Received.
01-12-2019
Med's Request
02-11-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2020
Passport Req..
06-04-2021
LANDED..........
10-09-2021
To share with you my timeline here with the intention that it may help someone else.

Jan 14 - 1st PPR without new born; then raised webform to inform new born on the same day;

Jan 15 - Received email asking me to contact Ottawa CPC; then emailed Ottawa CPC with required information of new born;

Jan 16 - Received ADR email and EE message listing all the required documents; submitted all documents same day;

Jan 17 - Profile updated with new born baby as dependent, and ADR status changed to ‘not applicable’;

Jan 20 - Ghost Update, no email;

Jan 21 - 2nd PPR.

I was quite amazed by Ottawa CPC’s high efficiency - I got my 2nd PPR in 1 week after informing them.

Documents requested were:
  • Baby’s birth certificate
  • Baby’s passport (photo page only)
  • Baby’s upfront medical certificate
  • Signed form IMM0008
  • Signed form IMM5406 for principle applicant and any dependents aged over 18
  • Receipt of payment (CAD 150, made through IRCC website)
Yes mate. Sydney is sitting on my request and haven't issued any instructions yet. I am ready with the documentation though.

Would you advise me some action here other than waiting?

imusi

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019
Passport Req..
15-01-2020
Yes mate. Sydney is sitting on my request and haven't issued any instructions yet. I am ready with the documentation though.

Would you advise me some action here other than waiting?
I think you can try to contact the email address as I posted in this thread. I guess there is no harm in doing so and just in case it works for your case as well.

Besides this I couldn’t think of any other solutions right now.

Or maybe you can wait patiently till you got your 1st PPR and add the baby after that. Seems pretty fast process for me.

EnthuChap

Jun 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2019
Doc's Request.
22-01-2020
Nomination.....
26-11-2019
AOR Received.
01-12-2019
Med's Request
02-11-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2020
Passport Req..
06-04-2021
LANDED..........
10-09-2021
I think you can try to contact the email address as I posted in this thread. I guess there is no harm in doing so and just in case it works for your case as well.
Sure mate. I'll also send them BC, Passport and Medicals done.

Thx for giving a way through. Cheers

ab9560595557

Jan 21, 2020
Hi,

I have got a newborn baby a month ago and have got the PR now and they have requested me to send my passports for stamping within 30days. Since I have taken my medical 11 months ago I have got only a month time for my medical to turn a year. Will I have to travel before that? what can I do to include my newborn to my visa within this short period?
Can I take her on a tourist VISA?
Please advise me if anyone knows about the procedures?

Thanks
HI,

Can you please confirm what was the next steps in terms of communication you received and how many days did you get before to travel

EnthuChap

Jun 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2019
Doc's Request.
22-01-2020
Nomination.....
26-11-2019
AOR Received.
01-12-2019
Med's Request
02-11-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2020
Passport Req..
06-04-2021
LANDED..........
10-09-2021

Besides this I couldn’t think of any other solutions right now.

Or maybe you can wait patiently till you got your 1st PPR and add the baby after that. Seems pretty fast process for me.
U would not believe it - my PR application got updated last night and there is a placeholder where I need to upload all the documents and forms within 30 days.