+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding New born Baby after submitting the PR Application

har_nav

Aug 7, 2017
To add new born to the application, IRCC has told me to submit Passport, BC, other forms with in 30 days. Also, they told me that after the review of aforementioned documents, they will send me request/documents for medical of new born. Question is; that after they send me medical request, how many days will they give me for submission of medical ??

Thanks!

BIJITIN.P.C

Star Member
Jul 8, 2015
To add new born to the application, IRCC has told me to submit Passport, BC, other forms with in 30 days. Also, they told me that after the review of aforementioned documents, they will send me request/documents for medical of new born. Question is; that after they send me medical request, how many days will they give me for submission of medical ??

Thanks!
U can do medical upfront for newborn

Sep 19, 2019
All the best!
Hi @legalfalcon ,

We have got correct reply this time ; check below:

If you are the principal applicant of a permanent residence application already in process, you could add your spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children to your application, even if they were listed as a non-accompanying dependant in the initial application.

To do so, we invite you to send your add-on request through the IRCC webform available on our website. You can attach the following forms and documents in the field reserved to that effect:

We have got passport of the new born baby.
Could you please guide us and let us know which of the above forms need to be filled for new born baby and if any form need to be filled for main applicant and accompanying spouse also ( which is already included in the main application ).

IMM5669 ( for background decleration) would be not applicable for baby as he is only 3months old.
We are confused among IMM 0008 , IMM008 DEP and IMM5406 . Which form need to be filled and for whom ??

Waiting for your reply :)

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon ,

We have got correct reply this time ; check below:

If you are the principal applicant of a permanent residence application already in process, you could add your spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children to your application, even if they were listed as a non-accompanying dependant in the initial application.

To do so, we invite you to send your add-on request through the IRCC webform available on our website. You can attach the following forms and documents in the field reserved to that effect:

We have got passport of the new born baby.
Could you please guide us and let us know which of the above forms need to be filled for new born baby and if any form need to be filled for main applicant and accompanying spouse also ( which is already included in the main application ).

IMM5669 ( for background decleration) would be not applicable for baby as he is only 3months old.
We are confused among IMM 0008 , IMM008 DEP and IMM5406 . Which form need to be filled and for whom ??

Waiting for your reply :)
All the above will have to be filled for all, PR, spouse and the newborn since for the PA and spouse, the family composition has changed, so you will have to enter that and resubmit the forms. Check each form, it clearly states who should fill it.

Leonhtej

Mar 13, 2019
Hello! I have a baby born in canada while PR on process. Raised a CSE and send a copy of my baby's birth certificate. They replied saying the document was forwarded to the responsible office for their consideration and still no update or instruction and so with the medical request. Paper start process was on August 19, 2019. Is there someone the same situation here?

renefx

Jan 11, 2021
Hello! I have a baby born in canada while PR on process. Raised a CSE and send a copy of my baby's birth certificate. They replied saying the document was forwarded to the responsible office for their consideration and still no update or instruction and so with the medical request. Paper start process was on August 19, 2019. Is there someone the same situation here?
Same situation over here. I hope you have also sent all the other documents listed on this forum post. It would be terrible for you to wait just for them to answer asking for more documents. Even the medicals, your child can already do it.

Just wondering how long will it take for them to actually add my child after this generic email

sood.a

Mar 3, 2021
I am also trying to add my newborn to the PR application.

I have two queries:

1) IMM0008- I have done two years post graduate diploma in management post four years of engineering. However, WES has given certification as
Bachelor's degree (four years) and postgraduate diploma (one year). What should I put under 'Highest level of education'- 'Master's degree' or 'Post graduate-no degree'?

2) IMM5406- I don't have any identity / name proof in Hindi. Do I still need to fill it in Hindi? or can I add an explanation saying the same in LOE.

Request for a prompt reply.

Thank you!

May-ree

Aug 23, 2019
Hello Everyone!

We welcomed our baby a month ago though we are yet to inform ircc as we don't have the baby's passport only birth certificate.
Can we inform ircc attaching only the BC or do we wait till we get d passport first?

sidpadki

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
HI @legalfalcon Hope you are doing well

Our COPR expired in June 2020 since we could not travel due to travel curbs imposed due to COVID. We are still in our home country. We received an email from IRCC asking if we are still interested to immigrate to which we said yes and we now wait for next steps to be shared by them. Most probably, it will be re medical request from my and my wife (primary applicant). Will the new COPR validity be same as expiry of the new medical?

To add , In the current circumstance, how will IRCC go about the process of adding a new born ? There is a real scenario where we may not be able to travel before expiry of new COPR if my wife is late into pregnancy and it will not advisable to travel coupled with COVID related health risks

Will they allow us to wait till the new born is born and all of us ready to fly?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
HI @legalfalcon Hope you are doing well

Our COPR expired in June 2020 since we could not travel due to travel curbs imposed due to COVID. We are still in our home country. We received an email from IRCC asking if we are still interested to immigrate to which we said yes and we now wait for next steps to be shared by them. Most probably, it will be re medical request from my and my wife (primary applicant). Will the new COPR validity be same as expiry of the new medical?

To add , In the current circumstance, how will IRCC go about the process of adding a new born ? There is a real scenario where we may not be able to travel before expiry of new COPR if my wife is late into pregnancy and it will not advisable to travel coupled with COVID related health risks

Will they allow us to wait till the new born is born and all of us ready to fly?
COPR / PRV is issued for 3-6 months but cannot be beyond the expiry of your passport or medicals, whichever expires earlier.

You cannot add a baby until it is being. Legally, an unborn child is not considered a legal entity. If you want to travel before your child is born, you can do so and if your child is born in Canada, the child will be a citizen by birth. If you want to wait until after your baby is born, you can inform IRCC.

Once your baby is born, you can submit the documents for you baby, your application will be re-opened and once the documents are processed, new COPRs will be issued to all individuals in the application.

Reactions: HKN965

sidpadki

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
COPR / PRV is issued for 3-6 months but cannot be beyond the expiry of your passport or medicals, whichever expires earlier.

You cannot add a baby until it is being. Legally, an unborn child is not considered a legal entity. If you want to travel before your child is born, you can do so and if your child is born in Canada, the child will be a citizen by birth. If you want to wait until after your baby is born, you can inform IRCC.

Once your baby is born, you can submit the documents for you baby, your application will be re-opened and once the documents are processed, new COPRs will be issued to all individuals in the application.
Thanks for replying.

Will new COPR still be given that I will be getting the new /2nd copr post my re medical in next couple of months as previous one expired due to covid. I

I have initiated the process of getting new COPR as ircc had asked us if we still want to immigrate to Canada. If we do not reply to that email the application would be permanently closed hence did not have an option to not reply

So after getting this new COPR if my family composition changes (new born).. Will ircc again allow us to get new COPR ofcourse will medicals again if required?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks for replying.

Will new COPR still be given that I will be getting the new /2nd copr post my re medical in next couple of months as previous one expired due to covid. I

I have initiated the process of getting new COPR as ircc had asked us if we still want to immigrate to Canada. If we do not reply to that email the application would be permanently closed hence did not have an option to not reply

So after getting this new COPR if my family composition changes (new born).. Will ircc again allow us to get new COPR ofcourse will medicals again if required?
If your family composition changes at any time before your land in Canada, you have to inform IRCC, your file will be reopened, the new family member will added to your application and new COPRs will be issued.

IRCC cannot refuse to add the new born, irrespective of whether you have been issued a new COPR or not.

Reactions: sidpadki

sidpadki

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
If your family composition changes at any time before your land in Canada, you have to inform IRCC, your file will be reopened, the new family member will added to your application and new COPRs will be issued.

IRCC cannot refuse to add the new born, irrespective of whether you have been issued a new COPR or not.
Thanks. That sounds re assuring. So whenever composition changes we should be raising a webform informing about the same.

kashifsami

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
NOC Code......
All the above will have to be filled for all, PR, spouse and the newborn since for the PA and spouse, the family composition has changed, so you will have to enter that and resubmit the forms. Check each form, it clearly states who should fill it.
This is not entirely accurate. The forms need to be filled as follows.
  • IMM0008 - to be filled by primary applicant
  • IMM0008DEP - this is only to add details of 6th or more dependents because IMM0008 supports only 5 dependents.
  • IMM5406 - one form each for primary applicant, spouse and any dependents 18 years age or older
  • IMM5669 - one form each for primary applicant, spouse and any dependents 18 years age or older

Sources:
  1. Official Instructions on IMM0008 and IMM5609
  2. Instructions stated on top of IMM4506 form
  3. Re: IMMM0008DEP - just try adding more than 5 dependents in the IMM0008 pdf file and you'll see what I mean
Hope this helps

Reactions: Mac.pharma