+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Add new born baby to the PR Application

ankie

Star Member
Oct 13, 2017
I have got one more query... Do they send separate passport request for me and my baby? Or will they inform about the passport submission for both of us through a single email addressing my name?
PPR mail is always in the name of only the primary applicant

sagar.ghabade

Aug 3, 2017
I have got one more query... Do they send separate passport request for me and my baby? Or will they inform about the passport submission for both of us through a single email addressing my name?
Only Primary applicant gets e-mail to submit passports for all the applicants and that will be single e-mail.

ymenghani

Jun 22, 2018
u just have to send them the long format of birth certificate... I received the following reply

good Day,

Thank you for your email and congratulations on the birth of your child!

Please submit a copy of the long format birth certificate for your child.

No medical exam or processing fees will be required.

Regards,
How can i update CIC about change in my family? If you can elaborate the process it would be helpful.

ymenghani

Jun 22, 2018
I am applying PR visa under FSW 2014. I just got the 1st letter of positive response. In the mean time we became parents of a baby girl and she is not included in PR application. How could I inform about the birth of new born baby or in which mail add should I send the info and which info need to be send while sending the mail? My baby's passport in not ready yet. I am applying from outside of Canada.
we were in same situation in july,,so here is reply which we got from CIC

Thank you for your email and congratulations on the pending birth of your baby!

In order to continue processing your application, additional documents are required. Please complete these forms after the baby is born. Always include your file number on all correspondence

(A) If the child was born in Canada:
You must submit the following document:
· a legible copy of a long form birth certificate showing the names of father and mother

No medical examination or processing fee is required if the child was born in Canada.

(B) If the child was born outside Canada:
You must submit the following documents:
· Legible copy of a long form birth certificate showing name of father and mother

· Copy of child’s passport ( Please provide as soon as possible)

· 4 photographs meeting the specifications for Citizenship and Immigration

· IMM 0008 Generic – all pages must be completed by the principal applicant to show

· details of the new dependant.

You must send these documents in hard copy (not via email) to the following address:

Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
219 Laurier Avenue West
7th Floor Section B
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1

Canada

On receipt of these documents, your child will be added to your application as a non-accompanying dependant, and medical forms and instructions will be sent to you.

You must also pay the processing fee of $150 CAD for your child’s application. (if born outside canada)

This payment must be made online. Please consult the following link for complete instructions: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do?lang=en

Once this office receives your payment for the processing fees, your child’s application status will be changed to an accompanying dependant.

Regards

Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa | Centre de Traitement Pilote – Ottawa –
Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
219 Laurier Avenue West Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 | 219 avenue Laurier Ouest
7th Floor | 7ème étage, Section B
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 Canada
Facsimile | Télécopieur 613-946-6059
E-mail I Courriel : OttPilot-immigration@cic.gc.ca
Site : www.cic.gc.ca

Disclaimer: By supplying your email address, you are initiating an email communication with CIC and thereby authorizing CIC to use your email address for communication with you including the transmission of personal information on your file/case.

+++++++++++++++
Désistement : En fournissant votre adresse électronique, vous établissez une communication par voie électronique avec CIC et, par conséquent, CIC est autorisé à utiliser l'adresse électronique fournie à cette fin, y compris pour la transmission de renseignements personnels au sujet de votre dossier/cas
Which email id should we send the email to inform CIC?

ymenghani

Jun 22, 2018
You ought to add your baby to your profile immediately after birth. Send them a copy of below mentioned documents via email as well as via CSE. Once done, send a request for reapplication of your visa along with your baby. In doing so, you will have to repay the amount you paid during visa stamping.
a. Birth Certificate
b. Passport
c. Receipt of online payment done for Right of Permanent Residence ($150 CAD) for the dependent child
d. Upfront medical examination tracking sheet
e. Updated IMM0008 Generic Application Form (principal applicant)
f. Updated IMM5406 “Additional Family Information” form (principal applicant and spouse)
g. Proof of settlement funds
h. Photograph

Hope this helps! Good luck!
Can you please help me with the process of how to inform CIC about change in details?

ymenghani

Jun 22, 2018
Hello Need help here -:

We have the ITA but we haven't submitted the documents yet and now there is a change in family status and we need to add baby to our file.How to do it?

We have only 35 days left now to submit our file and in this period we have to prepare baby's documents as well?Will baby require medical as well?Born outside Canada
Hi were you able to get any solution on this?

LeThaiKhanhHa

Sep 17, 2017
Hello, I'm in the same situation and now preparing documents to add my newborn post COPR. I already informed my visa office and received the list of requested documents from them. In the letter they only request her passport, birth registration, digital photos, processing fee and IMM5406 form but do not mention medical test.

1. So my first question is newborn does not need to take medical test or they will request it later? If medical test is required should I do upfront medical test for my baby or wait for CIC instruction? If I do upfront medical exam for her, how can I inform CIC? Actually, there is no place in my CIC account to upload medical test receipt like what I did before when submitting eAPR.

2. I can't find the mentioned Guide to Immigrating IMM 3999 and Appendix B Photo Specifications anywhere. When I click on the question mark in my CIC account for instruction it says:
  • The final frame size of the photo must be at least 35mm x 45mm.
  • The photographs must show a full front view of the head and tops of shoulders, with the face in the middle of the photograph.
  • The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31mm and 36mm.
  • Digital dimensions are often expressed in pixels or DPI (dots per inch). The physical dimensions in pixels must be at least 420 x 540.
Is that the correct photo specifications to follow?

Please advise. Thank you very much in advance.

gbaby

Apr 26, 2018
Hi,
I see we have a similar case...
My initial application was submitted on the 19Feb, 2018. Had my baby on the 5th of June. I informed CIC of the change and got a reply o. The 5th of July to produce his birth cert, emedicals, international passport, make payment and the imm forms. These I submitted on the 6 the of July and it has reflected I .My CIC profile on 8th of July. I want to ask, what's the average timeline for me to get PPR from CIC?
Kindly assist with a reply.

Jul 19, 2018
Hi,
My initial application was submitted on the 19Feb, 2018. Had my baby on the 5th of June. I informed CIC of the change and got a reply o. The 5th of July to produce his birth cert, emedicals, international passport, make payment and the imm forms. These I submitted on the 6 the of July and it has reflected I .My CIC profile on 8th of July. I want to ask, what's the average timeline for me to get PPR from CIC?
Hi everyone,
Plz help, as i m waiting for my lending
Papers. Medical ha Now i lost my passport.
How much CIC will take times to update
New one.

Jul 19, 2018
Hi,
Hi everyone,
Plz help, as i m waiting for my lending
Papers. Medical ha Now i lost my passport.
How much CIC will take times to update
New one.

Zombie77

Mar 23, 2018
I am a permanent resident and had plans to move to Canada for good this year in Jan. But I got pregnant and couldn't move due the same reason. We are now blessed with a beautiful baby girl and still want to continue with our plans of moving.
She is now 1 month and she needs to be with me. Am i able to add her as a dependent to my permanent residency? How am I able to move with my newborn? What is the process?

ankie

Star Member
Oct 13, 2017
I am a permanent resident and had plans to move to Canada for good this year in Jan. But I got pregnant and couldn't move due the same reason. We are now blessed with a beautiful baby girl and still want to continue with our plans of moving.
She is now 1 month and she needs to be with me. Am i able to add her as a dependent to my permanent residency? How am I able to move with my newborn? What is the process?
If you have done the landing once already then you will have to sponsor your baby. Better option was to deliver the baby in Canada, then she would have got the Canadian citizenship already.

Suprabha

Star Member
Oct 23, 2017
For those who r preparing docs for newborn. I have my copr request. Due to deliver in the next one month. What should i do? What docs might cic ask for. Particularly will they ask for updated pof for the additional member. Tia!!

ankie

Star Member
Oct 13, 2017
For those who r preparing docs for newborn. I have my copr request. Due to deliver in the next one month. What should i do? What docs might cic ask for. Particularly will they ask for updated pof for the additional member. Tia!!
Inform CIC about the expected due date, you will get an ADR requesting baby's document - Passport, Birth certi, Some addnl forms to be filled, medical with deadline around 30 days after your expected due date.