+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ACICS Accredited Institutions

arun2633

Oct 17, 2017
Hey all -

I saw a handful of threads about how ACICS accredited Institutions aren't recognized by WES but no one has come back and said what other Evaluation Agency they tried (successfully). So I decided to make this new thread for all ECA Organizations for anyone's reference.

1. World Education Services :
We know for sure they won't recognize ACICS.​

2. International Credential Assessment Service of Canada:
I emailed ICAS on this topic and this is what they replied with
Thank you for your enquiry.
ICAS can provide a meaningful assessment only if the institution attended is regionally-accredited. NPU does not satisfy this requirement. As a result, we cannot provide a meaningful assessment.

Thank you
ICAS of Canada

3. International Credential Evaluation Service :
I emailed ICES and still awaiting a response from them; will update this thread.
[Update on 2/13] : ICES will not recognize as well. Below is what they replied back to me.
Unfortunately, we do not accept ACICS for accreditation.
4. Comparative Education Service – University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies :
I emailed CES and they are not revealing if they will recognize ACICS or not; they insist on applying for an evaluation to know it. Below is what they replied with.

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your message.

CES assesses international degrees and diplomas issued by:

• Post-secondary institutions (universities and colleges)
  • Secondary-level institutions (high schools)
  • CES may be able to assess in-progress academic programs for general use applications only.
CES does not assess informal, non-academic qualifications including:
  • Professional licenses and certifications (including those earned in conjunction with academic studies)
  • Vocational qualifications and training programs
  • Non-academic qualifications
  • Work experience
Please visit the CES Help Center for more information.

Unfortunately, CES cannot tell you in advance whether your credential/institution is recognized, or the equivalency of your credential. This is part of the assessment service that we offer to our clients. If you would like to have your academic credential(s) assessed, please apply to our services.

I have only listed 4 Orgs here but if you have any information on any other Org besides the aforementioned Orgs, please let me know; I can update this post.

Last edited:

arun2633

Oct 17, 2017
Also, if any one has successfully gotten their ACICS degree validated, please let us know. If not, what did you end up doing? How is the CRS Score looking like without the Degree?

harsha0199

Aug 31, 2017
Also, if any one has successfully gotten their ACICS degree validated, please let us know. If not, what did you end up doing? How is the CRS Score looking like without the Degree?
-i got eca report from wes as canadian equivalency masters degree but in remarks as from non accredited institution
-i even called wes and asked about my report they said there will no issue while applying for immigration and also canadian government did not mentioned anywhere about accredition there is no need to worry.
-but from february my friends who have applied for WES they refunding money not even accepting masters degree from acics,they said that now the rules have been changed we are not accepting anymore.

arun2633

Oct 17, 2017
-i got eca report from wes as canadian equivalency masters degree but in remarks as from non accredited institution
-i even called wes and asked about my report they said there will no issue while applying for immigration and also canadian government did not mentioned anywhere about accredition there is no need to worry.
-but from february my friends who have applied for WES they refunding money not even accepting masters degree from acics,they said that now the rules have been changed we are not accepting anymore.
Harsha -

This is great. But in the first page where the report says about the "Canadian Equivalency Summary", it's mentioned as Bachelors instead of Masters. What does yours say?

Last edited:

harsha0199

Aug 31, 2017
Harsha -

This is great. But in the first page where the report says about the "Canadian Equivalency Summary", it's mentioned as Bachelors instead of Masters. What does yours say?
I got as masters but friends got bachlors and they asked for correction but wes said they can’t

arun2633

Oct 17, 2017
I got as masters but friends got bachlors and they asked for correction but wes said they can’t
That's disappointing that WES isn't willing to change it. Do you know if your friends are trying with other agencies or just going with Bachelors?

pnjuly1

Mar 7, 2018
Hello All,

Go over this link to read about ACICS accreditation being restored (provisionally until June-2018).
http://www.acics.org/news/content.aspx?id=7154

You all can also alternatively check with your university's website or student office about the above recognition getting restored. I was able to check on my university website student section about the above memo.

It will be interesting to know about when all or any of the five Canadian evaluators would begin accepting ACICS degrees. If anyone finds out then kindly share it here so all affected candidates can apply and claim CRS scores for their immigration applications.

Reactions: rajn and arun2633

rajn

Feb 15, 2018
1. Wes

Please use another evaluation service. WES is an independent organization, and it has its own policies and procedures.

Best Regards,
Kevin
WES Customer Service

At this time we have made no change to our policy in regard to ACICS recognition. Thank you.

Sincerely,

International Credential Evaluation Service (ICES/msj)

Reactions: pnjuly1

pnjuly1

Mar 7, 2018
It seems these evaluators are more interested in old and/or popular global educational institutions and as they are private agencies so federal govt might not have any say in it.

I believe at this time CES by Univ of Toronto and IQAS by Alberta Govt, they both only have replied with vague details that after submission of documents they will research and provide a related evaluation of education. Beforehand they cannot provide any information of ACICS acceptance.

Maybe an applicant should go ahead with CES or IQAS and hopefully, they get a worthful credential evaluation. Just to add, both of them have lengthy processing timelines (about 12 to 14 weeks and no rush services!)

Best Wishes..

bobby789

Dec 4, 2017
Hi Everyone,
As ACICS got back its recognition.. ICAS has specified reason why it cannot assist us.

Inquired with ICAS this is the reply I got ...

ICAS:

ICAS can provide a meaningful assessment only if the institution attended is regionally-accredited. No meaningful assessment can be provided for study completed at an institution which is (or was) nationally-accredited.

We are sorry that we are not able to assist you.

ICAS of Canada

Have to check other as well..

Don't lose Hope !

Reactions: pnjuly1

pnjuly1

Mar 7, 2018
Got information from a prospective applicant for express entry.
This person has ACICS institution's degree located in VA state and had proceeded with Uni of Toronto- CES for ECA.

He received his ECA report and CES mentioned: "We only assess degrees awarded by regionally accredited institutions in the State of Virginia".
Also, no refund of ECA report fees by CES to him.

So avoid CES trap for ACICS earned degrees. They won't clarify in beginning but will mention that clarification in ECA report!
Also, they charge highest fees among five agencies.

Beware all aspirants having nationally accredited degrees from the USA to avoid CES trap. Kindly forward this information to all concerned non-blog members as well.

I really appreciate ICAS, WES, and ICES to clarify their position from the beginning itself and save applicants money.
Does anyone have information from IQAS? I think they refund fees for any assessment they cannot do.

Reactions: manojchowdary

deesarva

May 8, 2018
I send an email to
International Credential Evaluation Service (ICES/ng) and this is what i got
Thank you for your inquiry.

Please note, the International Credential Evaluation Service (ICES) cannot evaluate credentials solely accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS). As of December 2016 the Department of Education has terminated the accrediting body’s ability to determine federal funding eligibility. Due to this revocation, ICES cannot evaluate credentials earned by ACICS accredited schools.

We apologize for the inconvenience. You may want to contact another service in Canada that may accept your credential for evaluation.

Please see a list of other credential evaluation services here: https://www.cicic.ca/1374/obtain-an-academic-credential-assessment-for-general-purposes/index.canada

Sincerely,

International Credential Evaluation Service (ICES/ng)

3700 Willingdon Avenue

Burnaby, BC V5G 3H2

Tel: 604-432-8800

Meanwhile
Comparative Education Service (CES) is i have to apply and then they will look at the transcripts and then evaluate but cannot say if they will ot

I saw a handful of threads about how ACICS accredited Institutions aren't recognized by WES but no one has come back and said what other Evaluation Agency they tried (successfully). So I decided to make this new thread for all ECA Organizations for anyone's reference.

ICAS can provide a meaningful assessment only if the institution attended is regionally-accredited. NPU does not satisfy this requirement. As a result, we cannot provide a meaningful assessment.

Thank you
ICAS of Canada

I emailed ICES and still awaiting a response from them; will update this thread.
[Update on 2/13] : ICES will not recognize as well. Below is what they replied back to me.
4. Comparative Education Service – University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies :
I emailed CES and they are not revealing if they will recognize ACICS or not; they insist on applying for an evaluation to know it. Below is what they replied with.

Dear Applicant,

• CES may be able to assess in-progress academic programs for general use applications only.
  • Professional licenses and certifications (including those earned in conjunction with academic studies)
  • Work experience

Unfortunately, CES cannot tell you in advance whether your credential/institution is recognized, or the equivalency of your credential. This is part of the assessment service that we offer to our clients. If you would like to have your academic credential(s) assessed, please apply to our services.

I have only listed 4 Orgs here but if you have any information on any other Org besides the aforementioned Orgs, please let me know; I can update this post.[/QUOTE]

arun2633

Oct 17, 2017
I send an email to
International Credential Evaluation Service (ICES/ng) and this is what i got
Thank you for your inquiry.

Please note, the International Credential Evaluation Service (ICES) cannot evaluate credentials solely accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS). As of December 2016 the Department of Education has terminated the accrediting body’s ability to determine federal funding eligibility. Due to this revocation, ICES cannot evaluate credentials earned by ACICS accredited schools.

We apologize for the inconvenience. You may want to contact another service in Canada that may accept your credential for evaluation.

Please see a list of other credential evaluation services here: https://www.cicic.ca/1374/obtain-an-academic-credential-assessment-for-general-purposes/index.canada

Sincerely,

International Credential Evaluation Service (ICES/ng)

3700 Willingdon Avenue

Burnaby, BC V5G 3H2

Tel: 604-432-8800

Department of Education restored ACICS recognition. Can you respond to them and ask if they will evaluate your degrees now?

https://www.miuniversity.edu/en/us-department-of-education-secretary-of-education-orders-restoration-of-acics-as-federally-recognized-accrediting-agency-as-of-december-2016/

Sam_7511

Dec 22, 2017
Hey all -

Thank you
ICAS of Canada

Dear Applicant,

• Work experience

I have only listed 4 Orgs here but if you have any information on any other Org besides the aforementioned Orgs, please let me know; I can update this post.
Hey buddy just heard ACICS GOT ITS RECOGNITION BACK . Have anyone got their ECA done with ACICS degree post April

deesarva

May 8, 2018
Hello All,

Go over this link to read about ACICS accreditation being restored (provisionally until June-2018).
http://www.acics.org/news/content.aspx?id=7154

You all can also alternatively check with your university's website or student office about the above recognition getting restored. I was able to check on my university website student section about the above memo.

It will be interesting to know about when all or any of the five Canadian evaluators would begin accepting ACICS degrees. If anyone finds out then kindly share it here so all affected candidates can apply and claim CRS scores for their immigration applications.

I did with my college and its the accrediting agency and the school that matters the most they only accept regionally accredited i haven't got my report from WES but i am less positive