+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ACICS Accredited Institutions

kish7812

Jul 17, 2020
Thank you for your email. Unfortunately we do not accept credentials that are accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS). Despite the recent decisions made by the Secretary of Education restoring status with the US Department of Education, the International Credential Evaluation Service requires US institutions to hold regional accreditation status in order to consider credentials recognized.

When evaluating credentials from the USA, the school must be fully accredited by one of the 6 regional accrediting bodies. Otherwise the program will not be considered to be recognized study.

Sincerely,

International Credential Evaluation Service (ICES/msj)
3700 Willingdon Avenue
Burnaby, BC V5G 3H2
Fax: 604-435-7033
Web Site www.bcit.ca/ices

ICES is a service of the BC Institute of Technology (BCIT)

kish7812

Jul 17, 2020
Our position has not changed. It does not matter what the recognition is now; your credential was issued under ACICS. Please see our previous emails; we do not accept this institution for assessment. You may wish to contact an alternate service. Thank you.

Sincerely,

International Credential Evaluation Service (ICES/msj)
3700 Willingdon Avenue
Burnaby, BC V5G 3H2
Fax: 604-435-7033
Web Site www.bcit.ca/ices

ICES is a service of the BC Institute of Technology (BCIT)

kish7812

Jul 17, 2020
Thank you for your enquiry.

ICAS can provide a meaningful assessment only if the institution attended is regionally-accredited. No meaningful assessment can be provided for study completed at an institution which is (or was) nationally-accredited. We can take into consideration only the accreditation status at the time of attendance.

We are sorry that we are not able to assist you.

ICAS of Canada

kish7812

Jul 17, 2020
NPU-Fremont receives WASC accreditation from June-2020!
https://www.wscuc.org/institutions/northwestern-polytechnic-university

Now this will help all past and future Canada PR applicants having NPU degrees to get required points as now NPU is part of WASC and WASC itself is one of the six US-based regionally accrediting institutes. Anyone from now onward if you see confirmation from Canada based Evaluating agencies then kindly update everyone here.

I have also sent a message to WES and CES agencies to check whether they have started accepting NPU degrees for evaluation or not. I Will keep all posted, and anyone else can also update your response as received.

Thanks.

Did you get any reply? Please share WES and CES contact details. (Email and Call)

Reactions: pnjuly1

pnjuly1

Mar 7, 2018
So far I received email from WES as below, awaiting reply from CES-Uni of Toronto.

WES:
Dear

Thank you for your message.

Please be advised that WES does not evaluate academic records from Northwestern Polytechnic University at this time.

Best regards,

Kate S
WES Customer Service

Reactions: kish7812

kish7812

Jul 17, 2020
So far I received email from WES as below, awaiting reply from CES-Uni of Toronto.

WES:
Dear

Thank you for your message.

Please be advised that WES does not evaluate academic records from Northwestern Polytechnic University at this time.

Best regards,

Kate S
WES Customer Service
If possible that please email them back with this attachment
https://www.npu.edu/sites/default/files/CAL_200708_NPU_SAV2.pdf
and Also tell "But right now, Northwestern Polytechnic University is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC). And WSCUS is regionally-accredited. Still you consider it or not?"

pnjuly1

Mar 7, 2018

pnjuly1

Mar 7, 2018
Hello all,
Reply below from CES - Uni of Toronto regarding NPU or any other universities moving to regional accreditations.
--
Thank you for contacting the Comparative Education Service (CES). We hope this email finds you and your family healthy and safe.
I am sorry to inform you that the recent accreditation of your institution will not change the outcome you previously received.
Indeed, please be informed that CES only considers the accreditation at the time of study since accreditation cannot be retroactively applied. Consequently, only degrees awarded from June 2020 onwards, will be considered accredited for your university.
Please contact us if you have any additional questions or require further assistance.
Kind regards,
--
Thanks all.

Besty11

Oct 8, 2019
Hi,
Did you guys manage to get this evaluation done? Is there any way to get master degree evaluation from NPU for 2017. Looks like they are currently accepting NPU degrees from 2019 but not before. Please help with any information you might have

arunviking

Sep 14, 2023
NPU-Fremont receives WASC accreditation from June-2020!
https://www.wscuc.org/institutions/northwestern-polytechnic-university

Now this will help all past and future Canada PR applicants having NPU degrees to get required points as now NPU is part of WASC and WASC itself is one of the six US-based regionally accrediting institutes. Anyone from now onward if you see confirmation from Canada based Evaluating agencies then kindly update everyone here.

I have also sent a message to WES and CES agencies to check whether they have started accepting NPU degrees for evaluation or not. I Will keep all posted, and anyone else can also update your response as received.

Thanks.

Any new updates on this. I graduated from NPU in 2016, trying to get my degree assessed(ECA). What's the best way ?