+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

accra applicants please read this

tito

Feb 10, 2007
soj said:
Tito,welcome to naija,hw was trip back home.i made reservation with british airways yesterday,a friend of mine works with british airways.i ve searched for the OHIP by google,i understand i ve to present three documents to be eligible.like u said i ve two already.i ve also gotten a couple of winter wears from the states.am really grateful for all the information,well what document will u use to travel back incase u vent gotten ur pr card.cheers
soj,
So BA does not require transit visa for Nigerians with Canadian PR? Please chack and be sure.
You will use the COPR that has stamp of NOT VALID FOR TRAVEL. It is not valid to travel back to Canada but valid to exit when you check in with the airline. Just show them the COPR when the airline will ask for your British transit visa.

You are good to go then, happy landing!

Oloye

Oct 4, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tito,
Your detailed explanation will not only help soj but all of us. Thanks so much for this and we hope to hear more from you as we have one or two clarification to make. Indeed you are a great ambassador.

Oloye

soj

Feb 23, 2007
Tito,i didnt mean travelling back to naija,i meant travelling from naija to canada should in case u dont get ur pr card on time.i will check with british embassy but i think i would ve to obtain transit visa.cheers

tito

Feb 10, 2007
soj said:
Tito,i didnt mean travelling back to naija,i meant travelling from naija to canada should in case u dont get ur pr card on time.i will check with british embassy but i think i would ve to obtain transit visa.cheers
soj,

Sorry, my bad. You have to apply for travel document at the CHC Lagos, no big deal about this though. Your residency status will be determined when you apply. Nobody can query you for leaving before collecting the PR card (and that's why they made provisions for the travel document). It should be fine as long as you are not out of status. Moving to another country is a big issue and nobody expect that you just move once (we no be refugee now).
Plan B is to fly to US and drive into Ontario. I will take the cheaper and less stressful alternative.
You should consider KLM incase BA requires transit except you are getting a free ticket from BA!

soj

Feb 23, 2007
Tito,how are today.i would ve to obtain a transit visa if am travelling with BA.immigrants with permanent resident permits do not need to obtain UK transit visas.i should be in accra over the wkend to pick up our visas.cheers