Nov 23, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
av
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
done. 7.5 overall
I think once you provide an address, all they will do is send your card to that address. As long as you have someone trustworthy to collect and keep for you, both of you can come back, really.

soj

Feb 23, 2007
oloye x mot,thanks,my wife x daughter will travel back to naija while i will wait to collect the permits.anyway i got a reply to the mail i sent to accra yesterday concerning my daughter's medicals.accra has received the result x the mail said we will get in touch with u very soon.cheers

Oloye

Oct 4, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is what i call edging closer. We will all be there my brother.

Oloye

Badmus

Star Member
Sep 28, 2005
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2005
LANDED..........
July '19
soj said:
oloye x mot,thanks,my wife x daughter will travel back to naija while i will wait to collect the permits.anyway i got a reply to the mail i sent to accra yesterday concerning my daughter's medicals.accra has received the result x the mail said we will get in touch with u very soon.cheers
SOJ,

Please make sure you tight every loose end make sure you get all necessary that would enable the return of you family, I understand that your readmittance depend on you PR card, please peruse very well

"The Permanent Resident Card
If you intend to travel, the Permanent Resident Card is the official proof of your status as a permanent resident in Canada.

This wallet-sized plastic card is required for all permanent residents of Canada seeking to re-enter Canada on a commercial carrier (airplane, boat, train or bus).

If you leave the country, you will need this card to return to Canada. If you do not plan to leave the country, you do not need the card."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/about-pr.asp

My brother all the doc. before sending them to naija

soj

Feb 23, 2007
my naija people,i have been asked once again to pick my visa including my wife x daughter's visa.thanks 4 your support,God bless u all.before i sign out,i think i can go all alone to pick our visas.my wife x daughter does not need to travel with me to accra.

abeni_okin

Star Member
Sep 28, 2007
soj my guy1

OPE O!
congraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!
im happy for you o. since 2000. it has been a long journey, thank god for you o. i'm glad that i'm the first person to congratulate you.
i'm sure you are leaving very very soon.

i'm coming soon after you.
i'll see you when i get there.

fathertee

Star Member
May 25, 2006
Congrats SOJ, I'm really happy for you. I wish you the best of luck and God's guidance throughout you journey and thereafter.

Aunty Abeni_okin (ha ha ha ) you are next o. So prepare yourself. Congrats in advance. We too don dey prepare.

abeni_okin

Star Member
Sep 28, 2007
fathertee
thanks alot for congratulating me in advance. i say ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnn, i'll be called very soon in jesus name. i like your spirt. we will all get ther in jesus name

mot

Nov 23, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
av
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
done. 7.5 overall
Congratulations Soj. All is well that ends well. Here's wishing you all the best that Canada has to offer. Pls keep in touch. Once again, congratulobia.

Oloye

Oct 4, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Soj,
Congrats. Sorry there was network problem when we were on phone the other day i hope to call you soon. You do not have to travel with your family just go alone with their pp.
Once again congrats.

Oloye

soj

Feb 23, 2007
my naija people,am very grateful x God bless u all.i wish u all well,oloye,fathertee,abeni,mot yemkik,tito,a-square x the rest.cheers

tito

Feb 10, 2007
soj said:
my naija people,i have been asked once again to pick my visa including my wife x daughter's visa.thanks 4 your support,God bless u all.before i sign out,i think i can go all alone to pick our visas.my wife x daughter does not need to travel with me to accra.
soj,
Congrats, all is well that ends well. Have you bought the tickets already? You may consider Lufthansa for short wait time at Frankfurt otherwise you will be in Amsterdam or CDG for 6-7 hrs to connect your flight.
Don't forget about the winter clothing too, it's impt especially for your baby. You should also google "traveling with infants" to learn what you need to do. Please take care of your baby very well.

Ask the IO that will process you landing to check the pictures on the COPR for correctness.
By the way, you don't need to stay back to collect the PR cards if you have a trustworthy person to forward it to you. I had to return immediately with my family so I could resume work and also allow the kids resume school ASAP. But I got the SIN cards in the mail before we left Canada.
You may wait for the card and not get it on time; you or your wife may be asked to go to their nearest office to take the picture again (happened to a colleague late last year). Best bet is to make your plans without bothering about the PR cards except you have no choice.

You will need 3 documents to apply for OHIP (if you are staying in Ontario), you already have 2 but will require proof of Ontario residency. It's good to apply for OHIP if you can otherwise you will cough out more then $CAD 500 for private insurance while waiting (pls don't gamble on health). The way out for the proof of residency is to get a temporary or permanent driver's license - make sure you go with your naija license (incl your wife - every man for himself) and a letter from FRSC (if you can) detailing your driving experience (especially highway) and duration; do the G1 test ASAP (don't skip this except if you are familiar with N American road signs. Passing the G1 will get you the temporary license. You will need the driver's study guide (it is shorter than the driver handbook itself and easier to work with).

You can skip the above if you wont be applying for OHIP now.

This is all I can remember for now but hope you find it useful.

All the best.

tito

Feb 10, 2007
soj,

Just remembered that you should get a carrier/stroller for your baby while traveling so you don't put too much pressure on your wife especially while transiting; except you are carrying the baby all through.
Also, make sure you get a car seat for your baby when you land (your host can bring one) otherwise you have to hide her at the back of the car so you don't get fined.

Hope your host is a good buddy?

soj

Feb 23, 2007
Tito,welcome to naija,hw was trip back home.i made reservation with british airways yesterday,a friend of mine works with british airways.i ve searched for the OHIP by google,i understand i ve to present three documents to be eligible.like u said i ve two already.i ve also gotten a couple of winter wears from the states.am really grateful for all the information,well what document will u use to travel back incase u vent gotten ur pr card.cheers