+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ACCA-CGA/CPA Mutual Recognition Agreement (MRA)

Yuv1

Sep 14, 2019
Hello there, has anyone recently got admitted to CPA Ontario but not having resident/immigration proof in Ontario. CPAO asked me for this but nothing I could provide. I then asked whether it is a deal breaker and got a weird answer...like "there is no residence clause in the MRA....but this would be a determining factor for the admission" - so confused.
My advice is to Just go for it. They don't require any proof of landing or anything as per the customer service department and it is not even listed on their website. My application is under review. But remember the time line WES would take some days to evaluate your degree so act fast, you need two refrences from CPA canada or cpa bermuda members too.I am afraid they would not tolerate the time constraint as they require full application to be submitted before the deadline, which I guess includes WES report as well.

Last edited:

Omer Qureshi

Jun 19, 2014
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-Sep-2012
AOR Received.
08-Nov-2012
File Transfer...
10-Jan-2014
Med's Request
30-May-2014
Med's Done....
05-Jun-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
PPR 1 , 07-JUL-2014 PPR 2, 6th AUG-2014
VISA ISSUED...
19-OCT-2014
LANDED..........
09-Dec-2014
Hello everyone,

Has anyone admitted to CPA Ontario as a member. How much time does it take after application complete and submitted. I have received this email today. Thankyou

"I can confirm at this time that your application is in review.

The preliminary stage is complete, and your application will be reviewed by the registrar in the coming weeks.

We are unable to predict an exact time; however, you should be aware that your application is pending secondary and final review.

Please be assured that your required documents have been received and evaluated at the initial level. Your application is deemed complete and hence will be considered.

Please note that our current response time is longer. We are working through a higher than average volume of applications and are working a diligently as possible.

We thank you for your patience and are working hard to respond to applicants. "

sheebapillai

Apr 30, 2020
Hello everyone,

Has anyone admitted to CPA Ontario as a member. How much time does it take after application complete and submitted. I have received this email today. Thankyou

The preliminary stage is complete, and your application will be reviewed by the registrar in the coming weeks.

We are unable to predict an exact time; however, you should be aware that your application is pending secondary and final review.

Please be assured that your required documents have been received and evaluated at the initial level. Your application is deemed complete and hence will be considered.

Please note that our current response time is longer. We are working through a higher than average volume of applications and are working a diligently as possible.

Hi,
In the CPA website it has been mentioned that once application is complete it takes 12 weeks as the processing time. Could you please let me know as to when you had submitted your application. I had submitted on 31st March 2021, still awaiting for a response from them.

MrShaikh

May 3, 2021
Hey Guys,

I completed and submitted my application mid of January to CPA Ontario. There were some documents where they requested some clarity in the month of March. I provided them with all the required documents as mentioned on the website. I have below queries regarding the process, if someone can help answer.

1. How much time is it recently taking to be admitted as a member from the date of submission of the completed application.
2. Is it really required to provide them proof of residency or proof of process of migrating to Ontario, in order to become CPA member.
3. What the documents requested by CPA after submitting the application, as part of their assessment before being entered into the registers of CPA Canada.
4. (Question pertains to WES account) I applied for ICAP report for the purpose of CPA Ontario (CPA Cananda MRA with ACCA). Now I have been provided an option on WES to "Order Duplicate IRCC. Just wanted to know if this is sufficient for hte purpose of express entry process ?

TIA
Peace

mrUMAIR818

May 3, 2021
Hello everyone,

Hello Omer

Did you fill the PER form that was attached in the application form?

I also applied but haven't received any mail from CPA Ontario yet.

Fhussain

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Hello everyone,

Hello, I think each application is looked into differently.. mine took around 18 weeks..

Yuv1

Sep 14, 2019
You can apply through CPA Ontario too if you are not in Canada. It used to be only BC, but now it has been changed very recently
Did you receive CPA designation or know someone who had secured from outside canada, specifically in Ontario. I have lodgr a file as well but I am in confusion whether it will get approve or not.
Thats why seeking answers from anyone submitting and getting CPA ontario from outside Canada.

Thank You.

Yuv1

Sep 14, 2019
Yes, I got admitted.. I am sure there are many others as well..
Hello! Did you apply from outside canada?
What are the documents you provide them if they asked in the first place, if you are from outside Canada.

I have applied and said I am planning to come there for study purpose or something like that.

Can you share your experience regarding this.
Thank You.