+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ACCA-CGA/CPA Mutual Recognition Agreement (MRA)

Canada-bound

Dec 15, 2017
Agreed. I will explain, and follow through with any further directions that they provide. Are you currently in the process of applying? I will keep the thread updated as I make progress with the application.

Reactions: Islander216

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
I guess it is good to use this thread to share the news and information regarding the so call "fresh negotiation" towards the "new MRA" between ACCA and CPA Canada.

dashing_warrior

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
I’ve searched this forum but all in vain.

If I become a CPA through an MRA in Ontario, would Quebec accept a transfer to its local CPA authority? In other words, do provinces that do not have an MRA allow CPA transfers within Canada, once some other province accepts your foreign credentials? It doesn’t have to be QC, I’m using it as an example, because I know QC doesn’t have an MRA with several big foreign accounting associations.

I’ve emailed a few provinces but no one has provided a clear answer.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
CPA Canada basically governs the entirety of Canada except Quebec, who have their CPA but have their own set of rules even for equivalency for those who have done CPA in other provinces.

I don't think it's an issue between CPAs of different provinces apart from Quebec.

Because from what i understand the MRA is negotiated with CPA Canada as a whole, not individual provinces.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Have you gotten any news? Im thinkinh i doubt I’ll be able to submit in time.
Not really. In our case, my wife is an aspirant to use MRA. She is expected to be a full member (ACCA) on or after Dec 2021. I guess, she will miss this MRA and wondering what will be the modality of the MRA after the negotiation.

Anyway, its good to share news and updates regarding the new negotiation in this thread.

Yasin84

Aug 23, 2020
Hi All,

Would like to know if i can apply for CPA Canada. I am from Pakistan and having B.Com+ACCA Member+M.Com Equivalency based on ACCA membership. Appreciate your quick response.

Thanks

Zain1211

May 31, 2019
I asked them today . They said the same thing regarding having Acca and Masters degree and no bachelors . They said u have to apply to know . Few months ago i asked them the same question and they said ur degree may qualify so lets see . If anyone gets any detailed response kindly update or if someones applies on this basis and gets an answer also update as well
Thanks

Reactions: Islander216

BravoAC

Aug 21, 2020
1. The assessment by WES takes only 7 business days.
2. ACCA can submit your LOGS and transcripts within 4 days of notification.
So there is no need to panic, though, I must admit I'm under pressure too.
Do we need to pay before we submit our application?
Also how do we track that CPA has received our documents?
Hi Akatol,
Could you please help in the steps that are required for the assessment with WES? I would highly appreciate your help. Thanks!

AkaTol

Jan 20, 2019
Hi Akatol,
Could you please help in the steps that are required for the assessment with WES? I would highly appreciate your help. Thanks!
Hi Bravo,

If you did your evaluation in the past, you only need to upgrade to course by course.
What we used for immigration was document by document.
Once you upgrade, you would be required to pay $130.
Ensure you fill in the recipient correctly.

All the best.