+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ACCA-CGA/CPA Mutual Recognition Agreement (MRA)

Aarti123

Jan 4, 2018
Hi,

Someone who appeared for the quiz, please let me know, How many chances you get to pass the quiz for Canadian Law and Taxation once the material is being purchased online?

Many thanks
hi, i did it in 2017, its unlimited times, it's open book, i really didnt see the point of paying so much for it. but u gotta do what u gotta do. You dont even have to study for it

Reactions: waqaracca

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Is 3 years B.Com in Accounting and Finance (from the University of Calcutta) acceptable for ACCA-CPA MRA application?

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Is 3 years B.Com in Accounting and Finance (from the University of Calcutta) acceptable for ACCA-CPA MRA application?

Moreover, how can we ask ACCA to send transcript and letter of good standing directly to CPA Ontario.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Can someone confirm whether obtaining exemptions for ACCA papers makes you ineligible to use the MRA to convert your ACCA membership to CPA?

Assume the person has a degree, and on the basis of the degree they obtained exemptions for some papers. They've already completed the ACCA and they are now a member.

Can they apply through the MRA even with exemptions?

Someone said that made them ineligible previously in the thread, I just want to confirm that.

From what i read from CPA Ontario, you have to have a degree, be an ACCA member and complete the professional level (they mention final part).

I just want to know if that's the correct interpretation.

binjay

Star Member
Apr 27, 2018
Hi. Is CPA still accepting applications from ACCA members under the MRA? What's the validity of the MRA?

binjay

Star Member
Apr 27, 2018
I have ACCA + Masters but I guess its not good enough for MRA they are asking for 4 years Bachelors degree, I have got PR on basis of Masters but CPA is not accepting it :(
Either 4 years bacherlors degree or a combination of 3/4 years Bachelors + Masters degree.

Reactions: Aarti123

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
For the eligible ACCA members, who are planning to apply for CPA (Ontario) through MRA between CAP and ACCA, you need to accessed your university degree through WES's course-by-course credential evaluation through International Credential Advantage Package (ICAP). This is the new requirement from Jan 1, 2020.

Find more detail here https://www.cpaontario.ca/become-a-cpa/why-cpa/internationally-trained-accountants/acca-and-cga-canada-mutual-recognition-agreement

Related excerpt is here (please refer the above link for detail)

... Required Documents:
  • Original World Education Services (WES) report showing a course-by-course credential evaluation through their International Credential Advantage Package (ICAP). These must be originals in a sealed envelope sent to CPA Ontario attention to Registrar’s Office or sent by e-mail to CPA Ontario directly from WES to ITAregistration@cpaontario.ca*
*Effective to applications submitted on January 1, 2020.

waqaracca

Nov 13, 2019
Hi,

I am doing it nowadays, passing criteria is 80% as there are multiple quiz and you can attempt unlimited no. of times until you pass.

Regarding the time I am not sure as the next module appears once you complete the first one.

How long does it take to complete "overview of Canadian tax and law" course? Is there any passing criteria?

Reactions: Danishacca55

NOMAD2017

Mar 9, 2017
Mississauga, Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-11-2019
Passport Req..
20-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2019
LANDED..........
01-10-2020
For the eligible ACCA members, who are planning to apply for CPA (Ontario) through MRA between CAP and ACCA, you need to accessed your university degree through WES's course-by-course credential evaluation through International Credential Advantage Package (ICAP). This is the new requirement from Jan 1, 2020.

Find more detail here https://www.cpaontario.ca/become-a-cpa/why-cpa/internationally-trained-accountants/acca-and-cga-canada-mutual-recognition-agreement

Related excerpt is here (please refer the above link for detail)

... Required Documents:
  • Original World Education Services (WES) report showing a course-by-course credential evaluation through their International Credential Advantage Package (ICAP). These must be originals in a sealed envelope sent to CPA Ontario attention to Registrar’s Office or sent by e-mail to CPA Ontario directly from WES to ITAregistration@cpaontario.ca*
*Effective to applications submitted on January 1, 2020.
Hello. Thank you for such a detailed answer. I am just confused about the ACCA documents. Will ACCA directly send the required documents to CPA Ontario? Should I just ask ACCA to help me with that?

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Hello. Thank you for such a detailed answer. I am just confused about the ACCA documents. Will ACCA directly send the required documents to CPA Ontario? Should I just ask ACCA to help me with that?
First, let me clear. We have not started the process yet. My wife will be full member in 2 years time.

As per my understanding, yes ACCA will send the documents directly to CPA-Ontario if you are a member. You can email or contact them using their tool
https://www.accaglobal.com/lk/en/footertoolbar/contact-us/connect.html

Here is a link for your reference, sharing experience:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/educational-credential-assessments-for-acca-bsc-obu-wes.563171/

Danishacca55

Feb 14, 2020
Hi,

I am doing it nowadays, passing criteria is 80% as there are multiple quiz and you can attempt unlimited no. of times until you pass.

Regarding the time I am not sure as the next module appears once you complete the first one.
Hi, Have you completed the course? If yes, How long did it take. If not, Approximately how much time do you think will be needed?