+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ACCA-CGA/CPA Mutual Recognition Agreement (MRA)

Ghost_rider

May 27, 2017
You have to be an ACCA member to go through MRA. A letter from ACCA is required that you didn't qualify ACCA by any exemption route. I think you should wait until you become member then check with CPA regarding eligibility.
Hi Rehan, could you please advise if i got only one exemption for F1, would I qualify for MRA?

rehanacca

Apr 22, 2017
Has anyone who is already full member of ACCA applied. If yes, did you just send university's transcript or transcript+degree certificate, through the university.
OBU will work for it.

Hi Rehan, could you please advise if i got only one exemption for F1, would I qualify for MRA?
I believe it shouldn't be a problem. It depends under what route you entered ACCA. If it's through CAT/FIA, then no issue. I myself got 3 exemptions on CAT basis and it was accepted.

Reactions: Ghost_rider

Ghost_rider

May 27, 2017
OBU will work for it.

I believe it shouldn't be a problem. It depends under what route you entered ACCA. If it's through CAT/FIA, then no issue. I myself got 3 exemptions on CAT basis and it was accepted.
I took all papers except F1. I got some few questions- how employers see that CPA is obtained via MRA, do they look at it as lower quality CPA or there is no such a problem. Thanks for your reply.

rehanacca

Apr 22, 2017
I took all papers except F1. I got some few questions- how employers see that CPA is obtained via MRA, do they look at it as lower quality CPA or there is no such a problem. Thanks for your reply.
There is no such thing. CPA is CPA. Employers got nothing to do with entry route. There is a reason CPA Canada is exempting all exams for ACCA qualified and that is that they recognize the quality of qualification :p

Reactions: Ghost_rider

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
OBU will work for it.
What is one does not have and is not eligible for OBU?

In my (my wife) case, my university only send transcript but not degree certificate of my university degree. Not sure how can I tackle this issue. We still have time to prepare (she needs to complete 1 more year of PER) for this but want to know what are the options we have.

rehanacca

Apr 22, 2017

In my (my wife) case, my university only send transcript but not degree certificate of my university degree. Not sure how can I tackle this issue. We still have time to prepare (she needs to complete 1 more year of PER) for this but want to know what are the options we have.
The requirement is to have a university degree. If it's other than OBU, then you need to tell CPA about it and they will advise whether it's acceptable and also whether you need to get a separate evaluation from WES for purpose of CPA.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
The requirement is to have a university degree. If it's other than OBU, then you need to tell CPA about it and they will advise whether it's acceptable and also whether you need to get a separate evaluation from WES for purpose of CPA.
Hmm .. I think I was not able to convey my query properly.

In order to apply CPA (Ontario in our case) under MRA between ACCA and CPA Canada one of the requirement is to send original documents that suggest completion of University degree in accounting (refer here https://goo.gl/GBgM1P). I can send the original transcript (enclose in a seal envelope issued from the Registrar of the University), however the envelope does not have transcript.

My question is, is it enough to submit transcript only or do we have to submit degree certificate in a seal envelope? I am looking for experience ACCA full members, who have obtained CPA Canada through the MRA.

Note: I do not think for an ACCA member admitted in ACCA after Dec 31, 1997, applicant is not required to accessed the transcript to apply for CPA (CPA, CGA), as long as the applicant has minimum a university degree awarded by one of the recognized university.

rehanacca

Apr 22, 2017
My question is, is it enough to submit transcript only or do we have to submit degree certificate in a seal envelope? I am looking for experience ACCA full members, who have obtained CPA Canada through the MRA.
They did not ask me to submit degree certificate. All they asked was copy of transcript sent directly by university.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
They did not ask me to submit degree certificate. All they asked was copy of transcript sent directly by university.
Thanks a lot. This is what I was looking for.

In our case, the university does not send copy of transcripts. Instead, the university Registrar certify the copies of transcript, enclose the certified copy in an envelope with name and address of the university, seal the envelope with university logo and give it to the applicant. I have used such envelope to the applicant. The envelope is also enclosed with a letter saying the transcript-copies are certified by registrar and mentioning that the university does not have any provision to mail the transcript. I have used such envelope for university application and for ECA (PR application) in Canada.

Reactions: rehanacca

Haroon Khan

Aug 18, 2019
I have B.com 2 years from University of Karachi, now I want to enroll in CPA Ontario, can I get some exemptions on the basis of my b.com + PIPFA certificate

Haroon Khan

Aug 18, 2019
I have B.com2 years from University of Karachi evaluated as 2 years associate degree from a recognised University from IQAS, now I want to enroll in CPA Ontario which is not accepting my IQAS evaluation, now I have to evaluated from either WES or CPA itself,
1. can I get some exemptions on the basis of my b.com + PIPFA certificate.
2. How to get this credentials sent directly to CPA from university of Karachi.

mfdurrani

Sep 24, 2019
Hi all, can any one help with this. I have landed in Canada and looking to convert my ACCA to CPA. I am FCCA and also CA from ICAP. I also have 2 years Bachelors of Commerce and 2 years of Masters in Economics. Can any one tell me what prospects i have to get the conversion?

I can also see that they have asked for transcripts sent by Univeristy to them, i have done my bachelors and Masters from University of Karachi, i can see there are people here who have done it from there. Can you please tell me the process of getting the transcripts from KU and how it can be sent to CPA directly? I dont know how good KU is to send these directly overseas?

Thanks
Hi SSAT, hope you are doing well. I wanted to know were you able to get the CPA,CGA based on your profile. As i have the same credentials as you i.e. ACCA member+BCOM+MA(ECO) (plus i have done evaluation for immigration purposes via WES). Iam also confused with sending of transcripts by KU directly. So please let me know how to proceed.

waqaracca

Nov 13, 2019
Hi,

Someone who appeared for the quiz, please let me know, How many chances you get to pass the quiz for Canadian Law and Taxation once the material is being purchased online?

Many thanks