+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Abu Dhabi Embassy... Anyone still waiting?!

salmanmufc20

Nov 20, 2016
Hi seniors,

I am in a dilemma. I have already lost my January intake because of their negligence in issuing me a visa in time. It's been 3 weeks to my classes now, so I think deferral would be a good option now. Anyway, at this stage that is not my worry. It has been exactly 4 months to my case today, I had applied with an upfront medical from VFS Pakistan, city was Islamabad. My status was changed to passed on the 22nd of October, some 26 days after I had applied. After that, there has been nothing and absolutely no update from them which is pretty shocking and disappointing, and I am gutted about it, as so much of planning has gone to the bin.

I have sent them around 2 case specific inquiries, they replied to the first one and said they are conducting background investigations, that was around the start of December. They didn't bother replying to the 2nd case specific inquiry now.

I want to ask for help from seniors here, as many of you were in exactly the same situation back in September and October.

I want to ask all members on this post that what should I do right now? I need your help in suggesting me a way to know about when a decision will be made or what the status is? I am strangled, help me out lads :(

salmanmufc20

Nov 20, 2016
Also some people have said in the post that they called CIC from outside Canada to know about their status. How can I do that?

humdard

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2016
IELTS Request
Submitted along with the application
Med's Request
17-10-2016
Med's Done....
18-10-2016
Interview........
Not needed at this time
Passport Req..
Submitted along with application
VISA ISSUED...
09-01-2017 ( by god's grace)
LANDED..........
Inshallah
salmanmufc20 said:
Also some people have said in the post that they called CIC from outside Canada to know about their status. How can I do that?
it is of no use if u call them because their automatic answering machine will tell u that they do not respond to any case specific inquiries on phone. The only way u can do is case specific inquiries by mail. I applied on 27 September 2016 and I got my visa on 9 January 2017. I dispatched my passport along with my application and later I decided to withdraw my passport and just after 5 working days I got my visa approved. When they got my passport withdraw request, I suspect my file would have drawn their attention. The only thing I am suspecting is that your file is opened but it is probably not coming under their notice or they might have made their decision but not updated it. I too lost my winter intake now I am going in fall 2017 so my one year got wasted. I applied from Vfs Kuwait.

salmanmufc20

Nov 20, 2016
Okay thank you bro. I think I would wait till the start of February and then do as you did. May be that could work. Regardless it is very frustrating, and disappointing that in this age and era a student visa takes this long, and how 3 months isn't enough time to grant someone a visa.

humdard

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2016
IELTS Request
Med's Request
17-10-2016
Med's Done....
18-10-2016
Interview........
Not needed at this time
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Inshallah
salmanmufc20 said:
Okay thank you bro. I think I would wait till the start of February and then do as you did. May be that could work. Regardless it is very frustrating, and disappointing that in this age and era a student visa takes this long, and how 3 months isn't enough time to grant someone a visa.
Did u submitted ur passport along with ur application? If u did then as what I did, may be it will work in your case also. Rest leave it on god. You can start this passport withdraw request procedure from tomorrow itself. Don't wait till february, otherwise they will receive more applications by then. Don't give them any chance to delay.

salmanmufc20

Nov 20, 2016
Okay bro then I will be on it from today. And yes I submitted my passport on the day I submitted my case. i.e. 29th of September.

Also, bro tell me something. You got your visa for the Winter session or the fall session 2017? Did the embassy ask you for a new letter of acceptance?

And when you asked for a passport withdrawal, did you get your passport back and got the visa after it, or they issued you the visa the moment you applied for the passport?

humdard

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2016
IELTS Request
Med's Request
17-10-2016
Med's Done....
18-10-2016
Interview........
Not needed at this time
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Inshallah
salmanmufc20 said:
Okay bro then I will be on it from today. And yes I submitted my passport on the day I submitted my case. i.e. 29th of September.

Also, bro tell me something. You got your visa for the Winter session or the fall session 2017? Did the embassy ask you for a new letter of acceptance?

And when you asked for a passport withdrawal, did you get your passport back and got the visa after it, or they issued you the visa the moment you applied for the passport?
They did not ask me for new LOA. I got visa for fall 2017. When I asked for passport request, after 5 days of passport request, I got my visa approved on my online account and 2 days later, I got my passport with stamped visa.

salmanmufc20

Nov 20, 2016
Okay that is great. Helps a lot bro. Thank you!

Okay, I would need to ask you that you are saying you got your visa for Fall 17 while you applied with an admission letter for January? :/

Also, the way to withdraw the passport is by writing them a letter, scanning it and sending it to them via email right?

I was all hopeless before I came on this thread, but now I have a glitter of a hope as many people like myself have been through it, so I hope I hear good news soon as well.

humdard

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2016
IELTS Request
Med's Request
17-10-2016
Med's Done....
18-10-2016
Interview........
Not needed at this time
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Inshallah
salmanmufc20 said:
Okay that is great. Helps a lot bro. Thank you!

Okay, I would need to ask you that you are saying you got your visa for Fall 17 while you applied with an admission letter for January? :/

Also, the way to withdraw the passport is by writing them a letter, scanning it and sending it to them via email right?

I was all hopeless before I came on this thread, but now I have a glitter of a hope as many people like myself have been through it, so I hope I hear good news soon as well.
yes but I got in early in January, the day on which my classes was started. But in your case, they might or they might not. But most probably they will ask. If u applied through Vfs then u can talk to them if u applied offline, then I think u might have to send them a case specific inquiry mail. I m not sure about offline but just confirm once.

salmanmufc20

Nov 20, 2016
I confirmed from VFS today. They told me the procedure of how to withdraw the passport, the one I mentioned in my last comment.

Okay, so I will write this letter on the weekend, scan it, and send it by e-mail by Monday at maximum.

Also, even if this doesn't help and my passport comes back, then I think I would also ask for CAIPS notes on my case, and see what they say. Anyhow, this next month or two I don't know how long it would take would be never ending time. The wait has killed me so far!

Can't thank you enough for the help though. When do you plan to leave for Canada by the way?

Congratulations :)

humdard

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2016
IELTS Request
Med's Request
17-10-2016
Med's Done....
18-10-2016
Interview........
Not needed at this time
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Inshallah
salmanmufc20 said:
I confirmed from VFS today. They told me the procedure of how to withdraw the passport, the one I mentioned in my last comment.

Okay, so I will write this letter on the weekend, scan it, and send it by e-mail by Monday at maximum.

Also, even if this doesn't help and my passport comes back, then I think I would also ask for CAIPS notes on my case, and see what they say. Anyhow, this next month or two I don't know how long it would take would be never ending time. The wait has killed me so far!

Can't thank you enough for the help though. When do you plan to leave for Canada by the way?

Congratulations :)
Inshallah by end of August, I will leave. I'm sure u will get ur visa soon. I hope this will end soon for you. May be your withdrawal request might bring some notice in the eyes of the visa officer. Good luck with your visa.

Ayyan Ali

Jan 27, 2017
salmanmufc20 said:
Hi seniors,

I am in a dilemma. I have already lost my January intake because of their negligence in issuing me a visa in time. It's been 3 weeks to my classes now, so I think deferral would be a good option now. Anyway, at this stage that is not my worry. It has been exactly 4 months to my case today, I had applied with an upfront medical from VFS Pakistan, city was Islamabad. My status was changed to passed on the 22nd of October, some 26 days after I had applied. After that, there has been nothing and absolutely no update from them which is pretty shocking and disappointing, and I am gutted about it, as so much of planning has gone to the bin.

I have sent them around 2 case specific inquiries, they replied to the first one and said they are conducting background investigations, that was around the start of December. They didn't bother replying to the 2nd case specific inquiry now.

I want to ask for help from seniors here, as many of you were in exactly the same situation back in September and October.

I want to ask all members on this post that what should I do right now? I need your help in suggesting me a way to know about when a decision will be made or what the status is? I am strangled, help me out lads :(
Bro, on which date you applied for study permit?

I have applied on 21st Nov with upfront medical, medical status changed to passed on 3rd Dec then complete silence from CIC.