+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Abu Dhabi Embassy... Anyone still waiting?!

aaddnnaann

Nov 8, 2016
Guys finally my CIC status changed to approved
thank you every one for being here all the long days !
but...what is the letter of instructions you talking about and do i need it?and for what?

Omar.hr

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Visa Office......
VFS Dubai
App. Filed.......
08/06/2016
Doc's Request.
25/10/2016 - Updated LOA
File Transfer...
08/06/2016
Passport Req..
10/11/2016
VISA ISSUED...
20/11/2016
LANDED..........
26/12/2016
aaddnnaann said:
Guys finally my CIC status changed to approved
thank you every one for being here all the long days !
but...what is the letter of instructions you talking about and do i need it?and for what?
Congrats for the approval bro!

We were talking about the letter of introduction. And yes, it is very important to have it printed before traveling to Canada, as it will be required by the officer at the point of entry in order to give you your study permit. Without it, you will face delays and probably many issues. If you didn't get your passport back yet, chances are it should be with the passport in the envelope, or you will receive it online in your CIC account within 2-3 days. However, if you checked and didn't find it with your passport, do inform VFS that it is missing and they will tell you what to do.

I am quoting a line from my letter of introduction for you: "This letter is important because it contains information that will be used by the Canada Border Services Agency to issue your study permit. Please do not misplace it."

Good luck in your studies ;)

flash93

Oct 22, 2016
Omar.hr said:
Never lose hope. Since you are getting these emails, it means that they are working on your application, sooner or later you will hear from them. And remember, the longer it takes the more chances you have for approval. Rejections don't take long times usually.
i have a new problem... as i stated earlier that i received my late Loa request on 26th october and i submitted it with the attached pdf they sent me on the same day , as well as uploaded it in my cic account after which the status changed from *documents requested to provided* (i have applied paper based- linked my application online) on 7th Nov i also sent them a CSE asking for confirmation on whether they received my Loa or not to which they didnt reply me back.. so i sent another one on 23rd nov to which they replied me *Please note that a request letter was sent to you online through your CIC account on 26/10/2016. To date we received no reply to this letter.*

i already sent it to them.. do you guys have any idea whats going on with them? i just emailed them again with screenshots as proof that i have sent my deferral on time and uploaded it aswell.. but i have lost confidence whether they will even receive it or read my CSE on time.. as the 25th nov was the deadline to submit my LOA =s

He20155182

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
flash93 said:
i have a new problem... as i stated earlier that i received my late Loa request on 26th october and i submitted it with the attached pdf they sent me on the same day , as well as uploaded it in my cic account after which the status changed from *documents requested to provided* (i have applied paper based- linked my application online) on 7th Nov i also sent them a CSE asking for confirmation on whether they received my Loa or not to which they didnt reply me back.. so i sent another one on 23rd nov to which they replied me *Please note that a request letter was sent to you online through your CIC account on 26/10/2016. To date we received no reply to this letter.*

i already sent it to them.. do you guys have any idea whats going on with them? i just emailed them again with screenshots as proof that i have sent my deferral on time and uploaded it aswell.. but i have lost confidence whether they will even receive it or read my CSE on time.. as the 25th nov was the deadline to submit my LOA =s
Sounds confusing. My advice would be print all the emails about that matter and the screen shots that you have. Take them all and go to VFS tomorrow and don't leave until they call the embassy to ask them to allow you to still submit your LOA, because it was not your mistake. this time submit your paper through VFS, since you applied paper based.
I think it will be fine but try to act fast and don't wait. Good luck and keep us posted

Omar.hr

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Visa Office......
VFS Dubai
App. Filed.......
08/06/2016
Doc's Request.
25/10/2016 - Updated LOA
File Transfer...
08/06/2016
Passport Req..
10/11/2016
VISA ISSUED...
20/11/2016
LANDED..........
26/12/2016
flash93 said:

I also completely agree to whatever He20155182 told you, print everything and go to VFS, don't leave until they solve this issue. They should be able to help you.

Maybe your submission wasn't successful because you didn't include your application number in the email subject? or maybe you forgot to attach the request letter with your document? because both are required. I can't find any other explanation why would they ignore your submission. But again, you submitted online and that should work...

Just don't lose hope and go to VFS to see what they can do about it.

Good luck buddy

flash93

Oct 22, 2016
Omar.hr said:
I also completely agree to whatever He20155182 told you, print everything and go to VFS, don't leave until they solve this issue. They should be able to help you.

Maybe your submission wasn't successful because you didn't include your application number in the email subject? or maybe you forgot to attach the request letter with your document? because both are required. I can't find any other explanation why would they ignore your submission. But again, you submitted online and that should work...

Just don't lose hope and go to VFS to see what they can do about it.

Good luck buddy
He20155182 said:
Sounds confusing. My advice would be print all the emails about that matter and the screen shots that you have. Take them all and go to VFS tomorrow and don't leave until they call the embassy to ask them to allow you to still submit your LOA, because it was not your mistake. this time submit your paper through VFS, since you applied paper based.
I think it will be fine but try to act fast and don't wait. Good luck and keep us posted
yeah i just went to VFS today to submit my hardcopy today.. they told me that it might be a system error, who knows! the strange part is i got 2 update emails a week after i emailed them my LOA ( i carefully sent them everything , with my application number as the subject and i also attached the pdf file they sent me) plus i also uploaded it successfully in my cic account. i mean as they claim that they didnt receive anything from me then why did they open my file twice in a week.. anyways i provided them proof aswell so lets see what happens now! thanks alot guys for your support..

He20155182

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
flash93 said:
yeah i just went to VFS today to submit my hardcopy today.. they told me that it might be a system error, who knows! the strange part is i got 2 update emails a week after i emailed them my LOA ( i carefully sent them everything , with my application number as the subject and i also attached the pdf file they sent me) plus i also uploaded it successfully in my cic account. i mean as they claim that they didnt receive anything from me then why did they open my file twice in a week.. anyways i provided them proof aswell so lets see what happens now! thanks alot guys for your support..
yes I think it's just a system error, we have seen different system errors from the them that will make us expect anything. therefore, don't worry since you submit it it to VFS and they accept it. you will be fine inshallah. you are welcome and Good luck

salmanmufc20

Nov 20, 2016
More than 70 days now since I applied with an upfront medical. My classes begin in less than a month, and this silence on their part is frustrating me. I don't want to wait another 9 months for Fall to begin my studies. Is there any chance to contact them so that they make a decision on my case for the Winter session?

I have already sent a CSE 2 days ago. Currently the processing time for my country is only 6 weeks as well. Very frustrating.

humdard

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2016
IELTS Request
Submitted along with the application
Med's Request
17-10-2016
Med's Done....
18-10-2016
Interview........
Not needed at this time
Passport Req..
Submitted along with application
VISA ISSUED...
09-01-2017 ( by god's grace)
LANDED..........
Inshallah
I applied for student permit visa on 27 September from VFS Kuwait. Then I received a medical request on 17 october and my medicals was submitted on 2nd november and medicals are passed. I have linked my application online. So totally 10 weeks are over and yet there is no reply. The processing time in Kuwait is 20 weeks which is maximum amongst all the countries :eek:. I have been given a deadline from my university to submit proof of student permit visa before 19 december. If I fail to do so, my application will be rescinded or I will have to defer for my university date. The deadline to apply for deferral request is 16 december. I sent CIC a case specific enquiry mail regarding my situation on 7 december. I know that they will not respond to any of my enquiries unless it has exceeded the processing time. But still I thought I should go for it. If these guys do not send my visa before the deadline, then I am certainly on the verge of losing my admission. Can anyone tell me what should I do apart from waiting? Should I call them or should I visit them?. I know that there are few people on this group who have received their visa after 5 months. Any advise please?

Omar.hr

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Visa Office......
VFS Dubai
App. Filed.......
08/06/2016
Doc's Request.
25/10/2016 - Updated LOA
File Transfer...
08/06/2016
Passport Req..
10/11/2016
VISA ISSUED...
20/11/2016
LANDED..........
26/12/2016
salmanmufc20 said:
More than 70 days now since I applied with an upfront medical. My classes begin in less than a month, and this silence on their part is frustrating me. I don't want to wait another 9 months for Fall to begin my studies. Is there any chance to contact them so that they make a decision on my case for the Winter session?

I have already sent a CSE 2 days ago. Currently the processing time for my country is only 6 weeks as well. Very frustrating.
There is no way to make the decision process faster. All you can do is ask about the status, or request GCMS notes.

humdard said:
I applied for student permit visa on 27 September from VFS Kuwait. Then I received a medical request on 17 october and my medicals was submitted on 2nd november and medicals are passed. I have linked my application online. So totally 10 weeks are over and yet there is no reply. The processing time in Kuwait is 20 weeks which is maximum amongst all the countries :eek:. I have been given a deadline from my university to submit proof of student permit visa before 19 december. If I fail to do so, my application will be rescinded or I will have to defer for my university date. The deadline to apply for deferral request is 16 december. I sent CIC a case specific enquiry mail regarding my situation on 7 december. I know that they will not respond to any of my enquiries unless it has exceeded the processing time. But still I thought I should go for it. If these guys do not send my visa before the deadline, then I am certainly on the verge of losing my admission. Can anyone tell me what should I do apart from waiting? Should I call them or should I visit them?. I know that there are few people on this group who have received their visa after 5 months. Any advise please?
I certainly DO NOT advise you to visit the embassy in Abu Dhabi, as I did this already and they don't allow anyone in. I saw people from Oman that came all the way to AD just to try and talk to anyone, and they weren't even allowed to enter. All you will see is a security guard and a closed door.
I tried everything, and I came to the conclusion that there is no way to make the process faster, you just have to wait. They sadly don't care if we miss our semesters or even our admission offers in some cases, they like to take their time in the process. I applied from Dubai for Fall 2016, and here I am joining late in Winter 2017 after missing my initial offer (got deferred), only because my visa took more than 23 weeks to get approved and stamped...

I really wish you hear from them soon, but there is no way to do anything other than waiting and sending the inquires that you mentioned...
When you reach the deadline for deferring, I think you should do it, rather than taking the risk and losing your whole offer -god forbid-

Best of luck

humdard

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2016
IELTS Request
Submitted along with the application
Med's Request
17-10-2016
Med's Done....
18-10-2016
Interview........
Not needed at this time
Passport Req..
Submitted along with application
VISA ISSUED...
09-01-2017 ( by god's grace)
LANDED..........
Inshallah
Omar.hr said:
There is no way to make the decision process faster. All you can do is ask about the status, or request GCMS notes.

I certainly DO NOT advise you to visit the embassy in Abu Dhabi, as I did this already and they don't allow anyone in. I saw people from Oman that came all the way to AD just to try and talk to anyone, and they weren't even allowed to enter. All you will see is a security guard and a closed door.
I tried everything, and I came to the conclusion that there is no way to make the process faster, you just have to wait. They sadly don't care if we miss our semesters or even our admission offers in some cases, they like to take their time in the process. I applied from Dubai for Fall 2016, and here I am joining late in Winter 2017 after missing my initial offer (got deferred), only because my visa took more than 23 weeks to get approved and stamped...

I really wish you hear from them soon, but there is no way to do anything other than waiting and sending the inquires that you mentioned...
When you reach the deadline for deferring, I think you should do it, rather than taking the risk and losing your whole offer -god forbid-

Best of luck
thanks omar and congrats to all who got their visas.

Omar.hr

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Visa Office......
VFS Dubai
App. Filed.......
08/06/2016
Doc's Request.
25/10/2016 - Updated LOA
File Transfer...
08/06/2016
Passport Req..
10/11/2016
VISA ISSUED...
20/11/2016
LANDED..........
26/12/2016
Hussain Junejo said:
Which processing time applies to Pakistanis? Abu Dhabi processing time or Pakistani processing time?
Pakistan. But in my experience, those times are not always 100% accurate. they are just a good indication to give you a reference about the timeframe, but it will be different depending on the case (can be shorter or longer)

humdard said:
thanks omar and congrats to all who got their visas.
Always glad to help.

good luck with your visa