+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About to complete my masters in Ontario

tomiko

Feb 17, 2019
Hi,

I am in my last semester of my MA program in an Ontario university, I have lived in Canada for almost 5 years now. In my first year, I complete a graduate diploma program and due to poor advise I decided to apply for my PGWP, which was approved for a year. I got bad advise to apply as soon I was done because I was not aware that I could only apply for the WP once. I had the option of taking another program to extend it to two years but it was already too late before I realized the single use option.

That said, I plan to apply for the OINP Masters Graduate Stream upon completion of my program. The question is that would I be able to work while the application is being processed? I know I will not be able to apply for the PGWP again.

Thanks in advance

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
You don't really have many choices here. If you are able to get a closed permit that would be awesome. Otherwise, you can either stay in Canada for a while after graduation as a visitor if you wish, but you wouldn't be able to work. Or return to your home country and wait for OINP to open registration. If you already have one year of skilled work experience, you can look into Express Entry as well