+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About OINP - Masters Graduate Stream 2020

kalis236

Jul 16, 2020
Hello everyone,
Do I need to have WES for my Bachelor's degree if I am proceeding with OINP Master's graduate stream?

ps: I have a 2 years Master's degree from Canadian University

Thanks

zoiiz

Feb 28, 2022
Hi guys,

https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-masters-graduate-stream Here it says "You must have legally lived in Ontario for at least one year in the past two years before you apply".

However in the attestation form which is to be submitted when applying after being invited to apply dictates "The Attestation Form should be completed on the same date that you submit your Expression of Interest (EOI) to the OINP." and within it says "I attest/confirm that as of the date my EOI was registered electronically: I met all the prescribed stream criteria necessary to be approved..."

So, by which date exactly do I need to meet all criteria, the EOI date or the application submission date? I've been studying and living in Ontario for over 6 years and within the past two years started living in Ontario since Sep 7, 2021. If it was the EOI date, I would need to wait for the next draw, and if it's the other, I would be able to apply within in a few days.

Called the office and their answer isn't clear, anyone had similar experience that can be shared? Thank you so very much!

FNOTT

Aug 9, 2022
Hi guys,

https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-masters-graduate-stream Here it says "You must have legally lived in Ontario for at least one year in the past two years before you apply".

However in the attestation form which is to be submitted when applying after being invited to apply dictates "The Attestation Form should be completed on the same date that you submit your Expression of Interest (EOI) to the OINP." and within it says "I attest/confirm that as of the date my EOI was registered electronically: I met all the prescribed stream criteria necessary to be approved..."

So, by which date exactly do I need to meet all criteria, the EOI date or the application submission date? I've been studying and living in Ontario for over 6 years and within the past two years started living in Ontario since Sep 7, 2021. If it was the EOI date, I would need to wait for the next draw, and if it's the other, I would be able to apply within in a few days.

Called the office and their answer isn't clear, anyone had similar experience that can be shared? Thank you so very much!
Hi Zoiiz,
You need to write the EOI date in the attestation form; for instance if you submit your EOI in April 1, you need to write Apr 1 in the attestation form as well even though the application is submitted on different date. Hope it clears your confusion

Jul 16, 2022
Hello,

My status has changed to Assessment and it shows red caution sign (Upload docs), so when I click it, it shows

"Thank you for your application to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP). The OINP has reviewed your application for completeness and determined that it is complete. Your application has now moved forward to the assessment stage.
We encourage you to check your application status online and our processing time updates for the date range of applications currently in assessment before sending a status inquiry to the OINP.
Please be advised there is no action required from you at this time. "

and also shows "upload" tab, now I am not sure which documents they need from me. Did anyone face such situation?

yowyow

Jan 7, 2022
Who has the full checklist of forms for Master’s Graduate Stream after nomination. I am going to apply once non-express entry.

FNOTT

Aug 9, 2022
Hello,

My status has changed to Assessment and it shows red caution sign (Upload docs), so when I click it, it shows

"Thank you for your application to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP). The OINP has reviewed your application for completeness and determined that it is complete. Your application has now moved forward to the assessment stage.
We encourage you to check your application status online and our processing time updates for the date range of applications currently in assessment before sending a status inquiry to the OINP.
Please be advised there is no action required from you at this time. "

and also shows "upload" tab, now I am not sure which documents they need from me. Did anyone face such situation?
hi,
don't worry about it, it will be fixed automatically. I had the same situation. my status is showing 'decision in progress' for the last 7 weeks, it is insane

soniclife

Star Member
Aug 12, 2020
I have submitted my application for masters stream 28th Oct..
Based on the previous messages it taking months for stage 1 of getting the nomination and then more time to apply PR with the nomination.

As I understand, I should not expect anything by this year on the application to nomination.

Anna828

Feb 21, 2018
did your status change bro?
nothing yet..

I have submitted my application for masters stream 28th Oct..
Based on the previous messages it taking months for stage 1 of getting the nomination and then more time to apply PR with the nomination.

As I understand, I should not expect anything by this year on the application to nomination.
maybe you’re one of the lucky ones to get it super fast, you never know:)