+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About OINP - international student stream 2020

goobie12

Aug 28, 2021
Hi guys. I just need some advice about work permit support letter!
I got nomination from OINP international student, and got work permit support letter which expire in 6 months.
My PGWP is expire in May 2023. If I apply with work permit support letter, then my PGWP will not be valid anymore?
I cannot find answer and saw IRCC webform only answer about specific topic. Please help me! Thanks in advance!

sitmd

Nov 30, 2020
You should enter NOC as per your job title, even if you graduated from CE programme and registered EIT and your job is not junior engineer, you can not choose NOC A. Good luck.

Apr 8, 2019
You should enter NOC as per your job title, even if you graduated from CE programme and registered EIT and your job is not junior engineer, you can not choose NOC A. Good luck.
I know but I just want to know the consequences of submitting the wrong NOC. when i called PINP they mentioned its up to me since its officer decision i can write a letter of explanation or withdraw and resubmit but they said we can guarantee anything

Sonam Arora

Feb 27, 2022
Hi anyone here who received the invitation fkr OINP international student stream in January 11,2022
Hey I received invitation for OINP: Employer Job offer International Students Stream on Jan 11, 2022.
Date of Invitation = January 11, 2022
Date of Submission = January 21, 2022
Date of Assessment = February 09, 2022

Beth lee

Jan 23, 2021
Hey I received invitation for OINP: Employer Job offer International Students Stream on Jan 11, 2022.
Date of Invitation = January 11, 2022
Date of Submission = January 21, 2022
Date of Assessment = February 09, 2022
Mine is also in assessment since January 28th. Let me know if you get any update.

killroy94

Mar 1, 2022
Hi I have received a notif to apply under OINP International Student program
I will be eligible for CEC in Jan 2023.
Do I go with OINP or with CEC?
Also has the process become faster due to online application?
Thanks

jeffjay

Star Member
Jan 5, 2022
Hi I have received a notif to apply under OINP International Student program
I will be eligible for CEC in Jan 2023.
Do I go with OINP or with CEC?
Also has the process become faster due to online application?
Thanks
Currently, it is not faster. Most people submitted online in April 2021 still waiting for AOR (file number). Due to limited data, it is unknown whether online process will be faster.

It can take 1 year to get AOR and unknown amount of time after AOR. But recently people who got AOR can get ECOPR in a month. It may take roughly a year for the federal part if nothing goes wrong. OINP nomination is usually fast, one or two months.

Since you will be eligible for CEC in Jan 2023 and it may take 6 months to process normally, it will end up like July 2023 to get COPR.
For OINP, optimistically, you may get nomination in April 2022 and if you submit to federal immediately, you may get COPR around May 2023 or later.

I guess you can try both. Apply for OINP now and see what will happen by Jan 2023. If nothing happens, you submit CEC application. The drawback is that you will waste some money.

Reactions: killroy94

killroy94

Mar 1, 2022
Currently, it is not faster. Most people submitted online in April 2021 still waiting for AOR (file number). Due to limited data, it is unknown whether online process will be faster.

It can take 1 year to get AOR and unknown amount of time after AOR. But recently people who got AOR can get ECOPR in a month. It may take roughly a year for the federal part if nothing goes wrong. OINP nomination is usually fast, one or two months.

Since you will be eligible for CEC in Jan 2023 and it may take 6 months to process normally, it will end up like July 2023 to get COPR.
For OINP, optimistically, you may get nomination in April 2022 and if you submit to federal immediately, you may get COPR around May 2023 or later.

I guess you can try both. Apply for OINP now and see what will happen by Jan 2023. If nothing happens, you submit CEC application. The drawback is that you will waste some money.
Thanks for the reply.
Also after I get my nomination, what are the conditions to be followed.
Can I be without a job even?
Or do I need to be in the same job with the same employer until I get my federal PR

killroy94

Mar 1, 2022
Also how complete must the employer form be filled.
It has questions, which my HR might not be comfortable answering.

congdv

Jan 25, 2021
hey everyone, do you know this program is eligible for OINP international student stream?
https://www.conestogac.on.ca/fulltime/mobile-solutions-development/admissions?id=22577
2 years certificate
Admission requirements
  • An Ontario College diploma, advanced diploma, degree or equivalent with an overall average grade of B or above (as assessed, by country, to Ontario standards) in any of these areas:
  • Computer Science
  • Software Engineering/Technology
  • Computer Engineering/Technology Other relevant disciplines may also be considered, such as electronics and communications engineering and others that offer a significant degree of software development in their curriculum.

Mojito5

Dec 19, 2019
Has anyone received approval for their OINP application under the International student stream in the recent months? I’ve applied on December 16, 2021 and it is still in DIP at this point (it has been for a while now). I’ve tried following up, but did not receive a response. It has been more than 90 days since I applied and I’m getting a little worried because my PGWP in expiring in a couple of months. Please share your timeline. Thank you in advance.

Sonam Arora

Feb 27, 2022
Has anyone received approval for their OINP application under the International student stream in the recent months? I’ve applied on December 16, 2021 and it is still in DIP at this point (it has been for a while now). I’ve tried following up, but did not receive a response. It has been more than 90 days since I applied and I’m getting a little worried because my PGWP in expiring in a couple of months. Please share your timeline. Thank you in advance.
Same with mine application.
It’s more than a month since it says “DECISION IN PROGRESS”