+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About New SDS program for India

dixit0008

Oct 30, 2018
Dear Sir/Madam,

I want to confirm about the new SDS program which has recently launched by CIC Canada. Students who have overall 6.0 and not less than 5.5 bands in their IELTS and already got their Offer letter from Canada Govt. college (DLI) for January 2019 intake. Can they still apply according to the SPP's financial requirements or they should apply under the General category?

Please suggest the best alternative to apply with the above IELTS score for Jan 2019 intake.

Thanks.
Hi dear,

First of all, You have 5.5 in one of your module,So, The file can be putted in general study permit
Dear Sir/Madam,

I want to confirm about the new SDS program which has recently launched by CIC Canada. Students who have overall 6.0 and not less than 5.5 bands in their IELTS and already got their Offer letter from Canada Govt. college (DLI) for January 2019 intake. Can they still apply according to the SPP's financial requirements or they should apply under the General category?

Please suggest the best alternative to apply with the above IELTS score for Jan 2019 intake.

Thanks.
First of all, the file can be putted in General study permit, And it takes a lot of time around 40-45days, It's likely to be impossible to get in Jan,2019

But you can apply for may2019 or sep, 2019. Where Sep. 2019 is big intake.

Important- you may also apply for direcly For PR. It will be great way to get in Canada, As you have huge experience in your Field.so firstly try to apply in PR.

Or may go for

Uvwxyz

Sep 12, 2018
Hi, Did you get your Visa, as my situation is the same. I applied on August 13th 2018 for Jan 2019 intake and i still did not receive any update. It says still under precessing. I paid 1 semester fee and GIC, mine is also a 1 year post graduation diploma program. Please let me know if you got your Visa.
Any update??

PriyaRaj1011

Apr 26, 2018
yes i have 7bands overall. (L-7.5,R-7,S-7,W-6). i think i should try for 2yr. or full 1 yr.
Hey Don't miss the oppurtunity. Go for that 1 year course and before completion of that course apply another course. So ultimately you will be completing 2 years of study and you will get 3 years work permit. I too applied for York University for Accounting course , Sept 19 intake

yourvish

Dec 11, 2013
I'm helping my elder sister (age - 40) for a 2 year Diploma program in Seneca College. Her IELTS scores are (L-6.5, R- 7.0, W-5.5, S-6.5, Overall 6.5). Under SDS stream, can she apply especially if one of her individual IELTS band is under 6.0 (i.e., W-5.5) ?

CIC website says overall it should be 6.0, nothing about Individual bands

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/student-direct-stream.html

proof that you graduated from a Canadian curriculum high school or a language test form showing a
score of at least 6 for English

However in Durham College website, it says
https://durhamcollege.ca/info-for/international/study-dc/english-language-centre/english-language-proficiency-and-elt-partners

**Applicants with an Indian passport are required to submit official Academic IELTS test scores with a minimum overall score of 6.0, with no band score below 6.0, as per SDS guidelines. Select programs may require higher scores. TOEFL / PTE / CAEL test scores will not be accepted.

How true is this and is my sister eligible with the kind of IELTS score she has?

Appreciate your time and help. Thanks,

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
I'm helping my elder sister (age - 40) for a 2 year Diploma program in Seneca College. Her IELTS scores are (L-6.5, R- 7.0, W-5.5, S-6.5, Overall 6.5). Under SDS stream, can she apply especially if one of her individual IELTS band is under 6.0 (i.e., W-5.5) ?

CIC website says overall it should be 6.0, nothing about Individual bands

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/student-direct-stream.html

proof that you graduated from a Canadian curriculum high school or a language test form showing a
score of at least 6 for English

However in Durham College website, it says
https://durhamcollege.ca/info-for/international/study-dc/english-language-centre/english-language-proficiency-and-elt-partners

**Applicants with an Indian passport are required to submit official Academic IELTS test scores with a minimum overall score of 6.0, with no band score below 6.0, as per SDS guidelines. Select programs may require higher scores. TOEFL / PTE / CAEL test scores will not be accepted.

How true is this and is my sister eligible with the kind of IELTS score she has?

Appreciate your time and help. Thanks,
Have you read IMM5976E which you can download from the link you provided? You can find the individual band minimum score in page 4.

Durham College programs have specific minimum IELTS requirement for admission. Do note that college requirement and visa requirement may be different. It doesn’t mean that you are already qualified for both if you just satisfied the minimum requirement for one. To be on the safe side, go for whichever is the higher between the two minimum requirements so that you can be sure that both sides are covered.

madhc

Jun 7, 2019
As you mentioned that it is one year program consisting of 3 semester and you have paid fees for 1 semester. So it should not be a problem. Usually, they expect first year fees to be paid if it is a 2 year program. Good luck !
Hi, i have applied 2 year program and paid my 1 sem fee. i want to pay 2 sem fee now..will this case be consider under SDS as i will have 2 reciepts to show 1 year of tuition fee.

madhc

Jun 7, 2019
Yeah that’s why i wrote i am about to pay
Hi, since you did part payment twice to show 1year tuition fee, did u faced any issue in SDS,as you would have 2 recipts rather than full at one go ..i will be soon applying for visa..want to get me doubt clear as i have similar situatio ...thanks

Vijay2212

Sep 19, 2019
I applied for student visa under SDS On 2august 2019 and biometrics on 5th I gust but still application is under process , how much time it will take ?

pranav077

Oct 21, 2019
I was just wondering what fees we need to pay under this category?
Is it for 1 full year or just 1 term?
As my college demanded only fees for 1 term, will I be able to apply under this category?

Jharshi

Nov 8, 2020
hello!!
1. Is GIC mandatory??
besides,i have maintained 8 lacs bank balance for more than three months.

2. which category should i apply for?
SDS or General?

3. my course consists of total 8 courses. i can attend maximum three courses or minimum two courses in a term. fees can be calculated as per course attended. so for one year how much fees i should pay? six course only or all eight courses?

details-
i have applied for winter 2019 session, masters of engineering in electrical engineering in windsor university. i did my undergraduate degree in electrical engineering in 2012 and since then working in same field.
i have scored 7 bands with no less than 6 in IELTS.
Hi! When you applied for winter, did you apply through SDS? If so how much fees did you pay?

Jharshi

Nov 8, 2020
I was just wondering what fees we need to pay under this category?
Is it for 1 full year or just 1 term?
As my college demanded only fees for 1 term, will I be able to apply under this category?
Hi. Did you find the answer for this question?

Anikas45352

Jan 1, 2021
Hey Don't miss the oppurtunity. Go for that 1 year course and before completion of that course apply another course. So ultimately you will be completing 2 years of study and you will get 3 years work permit. I too applied for York University for Accounting course , Sept 19 intake
So are u right now in canada? Can u update about the couse your doing?