+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About New SDS program for India

gaganv86

Jun 11, 2018
Dear Sir/Madam,

I want to confirm about the new SDS program which has recently launched by CIC Canada. Students who have overall 6.0 and not less than 5.5 bands in their IELTS and already got their Offer letter from Canada Govt. college (DLI) for January 2019 intake. Can they still apply according to the SPP's financial requirements or they should apply under the General category?

Please suggest the best alternative to apply with the above IELTS score for Jan 2019 intake.

Thanks.

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
since you've not submitted an application before the deadline date, you need to apply under the general category as your IELTS is low for SDS which at least requires an overall of 6/6.5 and no less than 6 bands module and paying of full tuition fee

for a safer option, it will be wise applying under the general category except if you've seen someone who had successfully got through with such application

amanaol

Jun 20, 2018
sir,
i have got admission into post graduate certificate in accounting at york university for sept-19 intake. course period is 10/09/18 to 15/04/19. my ielts score is 7, no bands less than 6. am i eligible to opt SDS ? as my course duration is 7.5months only. website says its an 8 month program.

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
sir,
i have got admission into post graduate certificate in accounting at york university for sept-19 intake. course period is 10/09/18 to 15/04/19. my ielts score is 7, no bands less than 6. am i eligible to opt SDS ? as my course duration is 7.5months only. website says its an 8 month program.
yes.. you are, just pay your full tuition fees since it's just 8months + GIC, you will be fine

pkkuppireddy

Aug 4, 2012
Is it enough to pay the first semester fees for a TWO year course and having a GIC of $10,200.00 to be eligible to get the visa in the SDS or do we need to pay the first year fees completely in order to get the Visa, please advise.

amanaol

Jun 20, 2018
yes.. you are, just pay your full tuition fees since it's just 8months + GIC, you will be fine
Sir i did my B.com in 2010 with 53%, but i have relevant work experience of an accountant of 7years.. am afraid of visa refusal for this 8month certificate, and then i wont be able to apply again for any other course under SDS. should i get admission to a long duration course ? to ensure visa. and also post study work permit ? or this post graduate certificate in accounting at york university is fine.

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Is it enough to pay the first semester fees for a TWO year course and having a GIC of $10,200.00 to be eligible to get the visa in the SDS or do we need to pay the first year fees completely in order to get the Visa, please advise.
you have to pay the first year tuition fees under the SDS category to stand a visa chance

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Sir i did my B.com in 2010 with 53%, but i have relevant work experience of an accountant of 7years.. am afraid of visa refusal for this 8month certificate, and then i wont be able to apply again for any other course under SDS. should i get admission to a long duration course ? to ensure visa. and also post study work permit ? or this post graduate certificate in accounting at york university is fine.
Going for further education outside a previous course studied is little complicated in study permit application to furthering a study in same field which is much flexible

since you going for a furthering studies base on your work experience, its advisable for you to put up a good convincing SOP and supporting documentation evidence to convince the VO, and also why you decide to opt for a course related to your work experience to your previous course

8months of studies will give you 1yrs PGWP which might not give you a chance to apply for a PR if you intend to remain after your studies. if you intend to encourage more benefits towards PGWP, you should go for a 2yrs program but if its for achieving an educational aim, then the 8months is fine.. your decision to make

amanaol

Jun 20, 2018
Going for further education outside a previous course studied is little complicated in study permit application to furthering a study in same field which is much flexible

since you going for a furthering studies base on your work experience, its advisable for you to put up a good convincing SOP and supporting documentation evidence to convince the VO, and also why you decide to opt for a course related to your work experience to your previous course

8months of studies will give you 1yrs PGWP which might not give you a chance to apply for a PR if you intend to remain after your studies. if you intend to encourage more benefits towards PGWP, you should go for a 2yrs program but if its for achieving an educational aim, then the 8months is fine.. your decision to make
No, my intention is to study, work and settle thr ultimately. pls guide if this 8 month course would help.(and does this goes for 1yr study as well, an awaiting offer letter of 1 yr masters in global mgt. from RRU ) or its better to try for 2yr course jan19 intake.

and i have studied commerce and am an accountant, going to study accountancy only. further studies is in the same line as of previous education and work profile.

jasz_blr

May 28, 2018
No, my intention is to study, work and settle thr ultimately. pls guide if this 8 month course would help.(and does this goes for 1yr study as well, an awaiting offer letter of 1 yr masters in global mgt. from RRU ) or its better to try for 2yr course jan19 intake.

and i have studied commerce and am an accountant, going to study accountancy only. further studies is in the same line as of previous education and work profile.
IMHO, you should apply for a 2 year program and get an offer letter from some University. Otherwise, your visa rejection chances increase with these short duration college programs. You mentioned you have close to 7 yrs work exp. VO will like to see your english proficiency as well. Anything less than 7 band again risk your chances. These are my personal opinions and I may be wrong. But for a moment put yourself in the shoes of VO and see your application from VO viewpoint.

amanaol

Jun 20, 2018
IMHO, you should apply for a 2 year program and get an offer letter from some University. Otherwise, your visa rejection chances increase with these short duration college programs. You mentioned you have close to 7 yrs work exp. VO will like to see your english proficiency as well. Anything less than 7 band again risk your chances. These are my personal opinions and I may be wrong. But for a moment put yourself in the shoes of VO and see your application from VO viewpoint.
yes i have 7bands overall. (L-7.5,R-7,S-7,W-6). i think i should try for 2yr. or full 1 yr.

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria

sorry for the late reply.. Then you should opt for the 2yrs program

kaurshubh

Jun 25, 2018
Dear Sir/Ma'am,
I have applied for September intake 2018-19, i have relevant work experience of 2 years after graduation studies, and I applied in the same field for post graduation studies, I have 6 bands in each module and (6.5 overall). I paid my fee for the first semester to the college before this SDS system came, but for some reason i didn't file my application because I received my fee slip so late from college. Here I want to to mention that my fee is higher than the normal post graduation programs as it is design program, which costs much. It's around $27000 CAD, and there are 3 semesters in this one year program. As i already made payment to the college for 1 semester and then got to know about SDS, so I had no option left at that moment, I filed under General category, because of the payment of 1 semester fee. My file is good in other ways except this fee column. I just wanna ask that does it really effect my application that I submitted only 1 sem fee? How is the success rate of general category?