+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About Citizenship application !

ybross

Jun 4, 2010
I sent my citizenship application package to Sydney Office two weeks ago. However, I didn't get any confirmation letter from them since then. Does anybody know how long it takes to receive the first letter from them? Tried calling them (1-888-242-2100) couples of times, nobody picked up the phone. Does anybody know how to contact them other than phone or mail? Any suggestions? Thanks!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ybross said:
I sent my citizenship application package to Sydney Office two weeks ago. However, I didn't get any confirmation letter from them since then. Does anybody know how long it takes to receive the first letter from them? Tried calling them (1-888-242-2100) couples of times, nobody picked up the phone. Does anybody know how to contact them other than phone or mail? Any suggestions? Thanks!
5 months for acknowledgment see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/cit-processing.asp

becomecitizen

Jun 5, 2010
When I read the posts from vinadam and jcity, I noticed that Processing Center sent them a letter and a study guide the same day when they received their application. I'm also confused about this.

Egyman

Star Member
Feb 7, 2007
Hi
It toke them about 7 months to send me the acknowledgment letter. This time is variable according to the number of applications they receive. After you receive this letter, you will be able to follow your application status online and you will notice that it will be mentioned that "they sent you the acknowledgment letter on the same day that they received your application" and this IS NOT true. It is just something in their system. So, this may clarify your confusion about vinadam and jcity posts.

becomecitizen

Jun 5, 2010
Hi Egyman,

Thank you so much for your clarification. So patience is what we need in the process. Good luck to you and to us all!

ybross

Jun 4, 2010
thanks all! It looks like the only thing we can do is to wait for the letter. BTW, why nobody picked up the phone when I called that office number (1-888-XXX-XXXX)?