+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AAIP Accelerated Tech Pathway 2022

Dec 30, 2022
Hello, does anybody know if I would qualify for the techpilot program if I work from home in Alberta but employer is Ontario based? They hire from all around Canada so basically they are allowed to operate anywhere in Canada.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello, does anybody know if I would qualify for the techpilot program if I work from home in Alberta but employer is Ontario based? They hire from all around Canada so basically they are allowed to operate anywhere in Canada.
Your employer needs an office in the province as per guidelines…
  • that is incorporated or registered by or under an act of the legislature of the province, territory, or the Parliament of Canada and operating as a business that has an established production capacity, plant or a place of business in Alberta

John Louis

Star Member
Sep 22, 2020
Does anyone know if the Alberta Gov has started responding to people who filled the EOI from in December 2022? Perhaps it’s still early days in 2023…

sean468

Mar 10, 2022
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-11-2022
Nomination.....
23-11-2022
AOR Received.
28-11-2022
Med's Request
17-05-2023
Med's Done....
17-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2023
LANDED..........
22-06-2023
The initial filling of the form. The very first step.
Did you fill out the tech pathway eligibility questionnaire? or did you use a different EOI form? After I submitted the Tech Pathway questionnaire, i received an email a day or two later saying something along the lines of "You may be eligible to receive sponsorship under the Accelerated Tech Pathway stream, click this link to start the application - you have 30 days to start the application process"

After that, I went through and filled out the application form, paid the fees and about a week later they nominated me.

John Louis

Star Member
Sep 22, 2020
Did you fill out the tech pathway eligibility questionnaire? or did you use a different EOI form? After I submitted the Tech Pathway questionnaire, i received an email a day or two later saying something along the lines of "You may be eligible to receive sponsorship under the Accelerated Tech Pathway stream, click this link to start the application - you have 30 days to start the application process"

After that, I went through and filled out the application form, paid the fees and about a week later they nominated me.
From the explanation you just provided, I must have filled the eligibility questionnaire. There has been no response though. Does this mean I am not eligible or they are still on holiday?

sean468

Mar 10, 2022
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-11-2022
Nomination.....
23-11-2022
AOR Received.
28-11-2022
Med's Request
17-05-2023
Med's Done....
17-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2023
LANDED..........
22-06-2023
From the explanation you just provided, I must have filled the eligibility questionnaire. There has been no response though. Does this mean I am not eligible or they are still on holiday?
This is the one I used.
Alberta Express Entry Stream – Accelerated Tech Pathway form | Alberta.ca

And this is the email I received not long after

Dear Candidate:

Thank you for your email submitting your Notification of Interest (NOI) letter for the Alberta Express Entry Stream. You may be eligible to submit an application under this stream. You have 30 days from receiving this email to start the application process.

Next steps:

1. Review the Alberta Express Entry Stream assessment criteria on the Eligibility page, as well as the terms and conditions and application process on the How to Apply page to determine if you are eligible to apply.

There is no guarantee an application will be assessed for nomination or that any application meeting criteria will result in a nomination. Submissions of an application or nomination by the AINP does not guarantee you will be issued a permanent resident visa.
2. If you think you meet criteria, click on this link in the next 30 days to start the application process: LINK REMOVED
You will be asked to enter your name as it is written in your passport and your email address. To access the portal, the email address you enter must be the same email address you provided with your NOI letter email. If you have changed your email address, you must email lbr.pnpoffice@gov.ab.ca and provide your new email address. We will update the system to accept the new email address. This could take up to 5 days. The AINP will send an email to you advising when you can retry the link again.

You will also be asked to set up a My Alberta Digital ID (MADi) account. Instructions are provided in the portal. Use the same email address you will be using for the portal.

3. If you already have an existing AINP application under another stream, you must also submit a request to withdraw your existing application. Candidates may only have one active application in process with the AINP. If you submitted your existing application using the portal, use the AINP Portal to withdraw. If you submitted your existing application by mail, email your request to withdraw, stating your existing file number to lbr.pnpoffice@gov.ab.ca.

4. From the date you received this email, you will have a total of 60 days to submit your complete application in the portal, including uploading all required supporting documents. Read the How to Apply page, which includes the document checklist and the steps for the application process.

To re-enter the AINP Portal after you have used the link in Step 2, you will have to login to the portal at https://ainp.labour.alberta.ca and go to the My Applications page.

If you have reviewed the eligibility criteria on the AINP website and the Document Checklist and you still have a question, contact the Immigrate to Alberta Information Service at 1-877-427-6419 or using the email form at https://extern.labour.alberta.ca/FeedbackForm/Immigration/Opportunity.

Thank you for your consideration.

Reactions: Duntron

ShuBhaMAhuJA

Star Member
Jan 6, 2023
I’ve submit my application under Alberta Tech on Dec 21st 2022 by filling out the initial Questionnaire form but haven’t received any NOI yet from Alberta Government to apply!! It looks like its linked with Express Entry Draw as they are also on hold due to technical glitches

Swati1101

Dec 11, 2022
Hi Everyone...I applied on 5th December- No update yet. Lot of people who applied in Post dec 1...still awaiting for their NOI. There is nothing we can do about...so just wait and be patience. Hopefully in January. We will get to hear something good.

Good luck to all.
Please do share an update here if any one get any response.

Thanks

Reactions: John Louis

njmed

Jun 23, 2019
Hi Everyone. I need help.

I'm currently in Alberta right now and working as a full stack dev for 1 year now. I've submitted my full Alberta tech pathway application on Dec 16. No updates yet. I guess Alberta hasn't started issuing certificates yet. My current work permit is about to expire in a few days, so i need to stop working. My employer cant provide me an LMIA at this moment. The job offer I have is full time and it was signed last year January 2022. My employer also told me that if ever I need to go back to my home country (Which is likely to happen in order for me to continue working under him), He's still gonna hire me but only as an Independent contractor for the time being but he's still willing to offer me a full time job offer in Alberta.

Questions:

1. Should I extend my status as a visitor and stay and wait for my nomination? and if that is the case,
2. Will my application still be valid (assuming I update information in my AAIP application while it's being assessed) and if I get nominated and receive letter of support from Alberta. Will I be able to apply for a new work permit as a visitor (or implied status if ever the application for extension is still in progress)?
3. If I go home, Should my employer draft a new job offer then inform AAIP about it?
3. Should I just go home to my home country and continue working as independent contractor and process everything from there?

PS: We are working remotely within Alberta (Calgary and Edmonton) but also have a choice to go to our offices. So if I go home, The work will still be the same. The only difference is time.