+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** A MASTER THREAD OF SAKI'S POSTS ***

saleem nawaz

Jul 4, 2014
saqi

i need ur help my wife is lecturer here in pakistan we want to apply for immigration would u guide us that can we apply under 4011 noc or not? please guide us

Regards

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
saleem nawaz said:
saqi

i need ur help my wife is lecturer here in pakistan we want to apply for immigration would u guide us that can we apply under 4011 noc or not? please guide us

Regards
Hi, we would be glad to help you. This link will also get you started, (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG7TOC.asp). So open it and read very carefully then begin to gather the necessary requirements. We are standing by to provide clarification at any point, all the best :)

immigrationland

May 18, 2014
Seniors

Experience

My position at my first and second employer was Asst Professor (in Home country)
My position at my present employer is Lecturer (in foreign country)

Will there be any problem as I am applying under NOC 4011

Only University Lecturer is applicable or Asst. Professor also comes in the same category.

Plz reply

Thanks in advance

ksa0510

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
Nomination.....
04-11-2014
AOR Received.
04-11-2014
IELTS Request
03-07-2014
File Transfer...
09-07-2014
Med's Request
18-05-2015
Med's Done....
03-06-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
immigrationland said:
How much % our roles should match with NOC

Pz reply

THE REFERENCE LETTER MUST CONTAIN
-Most important is that your role covers the lead statement
-You must cover 60-70% of the main duties please

NITINBHALLA

May 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2014
Hi Friends,
I had one query, I was completing my application forms for Fsw regarding the section where in you need to enter your job history for all previous jobs with main duties. The main duties can be as per my understanding or need to be same as the one a mentioned by my Employer in the work experience certificate?

Awaiting your revert

Thanks

Nitin

pj.scorpio

Jun 25, 2014
NITINBHALLA said:
Hi Friends,
I had one query, I was completing my application forms for Fsw regarding the section where in you need to enter your job history for all previous jobs with main duties. The main duties can be as per my understanding or need to be same as the one a mentioned by my Employer in the work experience certificate?

Awaiting your revert

Thanks

Nitin

As per experience certificate

immigrationland

May 18, 2014
I have Experience letter from my employer saying I have been working from ------------ to ---------- as (designation) at .................organization

and

I have Letter of Reference from my manager saying experience as well as roles and responsibilities.

Is Letter of Reference is sufficient or do I need to submit Experience letter also (as experience letter does not state duties)

as per the check list (IMM008) it says Letters of Reference from all employers of 10 years

seniors plz advice

thanks

plikhi

Star Member
May 5, 2014
immigrationland said:
I have Experience letter from my employer saying I have been working from ------------ to ---------- as (designation) at .................organization

and

I have Letter of Reference from my manager saying experience as well as roles and responsibilities.

Is Letter of Reference is sufficient or do I need to submit Experience letter also (as experience letter does not state duties)

as per the check list (IMM008) it says Letters of Reference from all employers of 10 years

seniors plz advice

thanks
both would be better.

NITINBHALLA

May 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2014
Hi friends,
Can u help me assess my score for ielts.

I got reading-8.5, writing -7, Speaking-7.5, listening-8

As per my assessment it is 24 points.. Can anyone confirm..

immigrationland

May 18, 2014
I have taken a

A) letter of reference from my Head of the Dept (saying experience AND roles)
B) Experience letter from Principal of college (saying experience only, without roles/duties)

My questions

1. WILL THIS BE SUFFICIENT
2. SHALL I SUBMIT A and B or ONLY A
3. DO I NEED ANY OTHER DOCUMENT / LETTER

OPTIONAL

i HAVE PAY SLIPS, APPOINTMENT LETTERS, ID CARDS

pLZ REPLY

ksa0510

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
Nomination.....
04-11-2014
AOR Received.
04-11-2014
IELTS Request
03-07-2014
File Transfer...
09-07-2014
Med's Request
18-05-2015
Med's Done....
03-06-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
NITINBHALLA said:
Hi friends,
Can u help me assess my score for ielts.

I got reading-8.5, writing -7, Speaking-7.5, listening-8

As per my assessment it is 24 points.. Can anyone confirm..

Confirmed.It is 24 points

immigrationland

May 18, 2014
What is the size of paper used in mm for printing application forms for FSW

I know it is A4 size , but some people in the group commented that there is specific size in A4 in mmxmm

Plz reply

Thanks a lot

sania91

May 15, 2014
I am planning to apply under NOC 2171 but I'm a bit confused. My JD is:

1. Work closely with business managers, technical team members, software architects and other senior team members to identify requirements related to information systems security and map those requirements to current security projects.
2. Develop and ensure the compliance of all the applicable policies, procedures and controls of Information Security Management System.
3. Coordinate with all departments to Identify and assess the risk associated with current and new information assets, information systems and business processes.
4. Perform penetration testing and vulnerability assessment. Develop appropriate criteria needed to assess the level of new/existing applications and/or technology infrastructure elements for compliance with enterprise security standards.
5. Facilitate all the departments in the development, maintenance and testing of Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plans and suggest areas of improvement.
6. Ensure unauthorized intrusion, access and tampering is prevented. Track and manage Information Security incidents, lead their investigations and recommend corrective actions.
7. Monitor IT infrastructure for stability, operability and growth to ensure optimal system performance and availability. Monitoring includes automated alerts and/or notifications to provide timely resolution for any potential outage or service disruptions.
8. Proactively plan and deploy security patches and ensure systems maintenance.
9. Responsible for automating and implementing Information Security tool(s) or application(s) independently or with the team.
10. Conduct quarterly Information Security Audits and be part of Information Security Forum meetings.
11. Develop policies, procedures, templates and other relevant information security management system documentation.
12. Act as Management’s representative in external/third party audits.

The problem is that the lead statement for Systems Security Analyst under NOC 2171 says that they 'confer with clients' and in my job I don't confer with any external clients as i'm not working in a consultancy firm. Rather I perform these tasks for other departments within the company. Is this JD good to go?

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
sania91 said:
I am planning to apply under NOC 2171 but I'm a bit confused. My JD is:

1. Work closely with business managers, technical team members, software architects and other senior team members to identify requirements related to information systems security and map those requirements to current security projects.
2. Develop and ensure the compliance of all the applicable policies, procedures and controls of Information Security Management System.
3. Coordinate with all departments to Identify and assess the risk associated with current and new information assets, information systems and business processes.
4. Perform penetration testing and vulnerability assessment. Develop appropriate criteria needed to assess the level of new/existing applications and/or technology infrastructure elements for compliance with enterprise security standards.
5. Facilitate all the departments in the development, maintenance and testing of Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plans and suggest areas of improvement.
6. Ensure unauthorized intrusion, access and tampering is prevented. Track and manage Information Security incidents, lead their investigations and recommend corrective actions.
7. Monitor IT infrastructure for stability, operability and growth to ensure optimal system performance and availability. Monitoring includes automated alerts and/or notifications to provide timely resolution for any potential outage or service disruptions.
8. Proactively plan and deploy security patches and ensure systems maintenance.
9. Responsible for automating and implementing Information Security tool(s) or application(s) independently or with the team.
10. Conduct quarterly Information Security Audits and be part of Information Security Forum meetings.
11. Develop policies, procedures, templates and other relevant information security management system documentation.
12. Act as Management's representative in external/third party audits.

The problem is that the lead statement for Systems Security Analyst under NOC 2171 says that they 'confer with clients' and in my job I don't confer with any external clients as i'm not working in a consultancy firm. Rather I perform these tasks for other departments within the company. Is this JD good to go?
Hi, the idea is for you to match your roles and responsibilities with those on the NOC list and not for you to state your exact roles word for word and expect CIC to accept it. The CIO officers are not subject matter experts, they work with a simple checklist. So tone down the language of your JD and try to get it to match what is on the NOC list. Even if you don't confer with clients, there are other duties on the list which you can use to show you qualify for the NOC. So rephrase your JD (without telling lies) to ensure it matches the NOC stated JDs up to 80% and you are good to go. Remember, you are trying to convince somebody who probably has no clue about your occupation that you are eligible. All the best :)