+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A guide for preparing Parents Sponsorship/ Immigration Application

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
Hi, can we make any one of the parent as principal applicant? Would it be good idea to make my mother as personal applicant because she has better health than my father.

jscheema

Aug 24, 2014
I have no birth certificate to prove my relationship with my mother. Since I was borne in India in 1965, there was no record available. Though i have cancelled Indian passport and OCI to prove my relationship. What should i do ?

jscheema

Aug 24, 2014
I have received no email for confirming my invitation to apply for my mother. But when i check it on cic site , it shows i am in first 20000. What should i do to get invitation letter from cic.

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
Hi, I want little guidance about the same issue, ... So did you sent in validate form? As in guide it says that if you put "*" on unknown date, it will not validate form... Did you attach Letter to explain? Can you send that template,
Thanks in advance
i used approximate dates and wrote an LOE - the "**" didn't work for me either..

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
Hi, can we make any one of the parent as principal applicant? Would it be good idea to make my mother as personal applicant because she has better health than my father.
it doesn't really matter, if one person (parent/dependent/whatever) doesn't pass the medical, the entire application will most likely be rejected.. sorry :(

Reactions: YVR123

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
I have received no email for confirming my invitation to apply for my mother. But when i check it on cic site , it shows i am in first 20000. What should i do to get invitation letter from cic.
contact IRCC via phone and/or webform. Some ppl have applied without the letter (just using a screenshot of the website search showing they were chosen) but the guide is very clear in requesting a copy of the letter. I'd prepare the documents right away and wait for confirmation from IRCC.
oh, silly question but.. have u checked ur spam inbox?

huzcan

May 6, 2013
What if we selected the second option in form 1344 to proceed with application and fees will not be refunded option?

Do we need to provide any additional documents to go with that option?

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
What if we selected the second option in form 1344 to proceed with application and fees will not be refunded option?

Do we need to provide any additional documents to go with that option?
I would also like to know. Generally people saying you can go for appeal if you opt for continuity...

huzcan

May 6, 2013
I would also like to know. Generally people saying you can go for appeal if you opt for continuity...
Yes that seems like it but do we need to submit any documentation with our pgp application itself?
Like "an undertaking of assistance to support the permanent residence application of a family member or close relative on Humanitarian and compassionate considerations." ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes that seems like it but do we need to submit any documentation with our pgp application itself?
Like "an undertaking of assistance to support the permanent residence application of a family member or close relative on Humanitarian and compassionate considerations." ?
No extra documentation needed. You will be contacted if there are grounds for refusal same as procedural fairness letter.

Dija24

Aug 12, 2018
Very helpful thank you.

Before applying I wanted to get all the facts right. So how much does my income needs to be if I am applying for my mother only? If I am not making enough could my partner co sign? Also when providing information about my income from the past 3 tax year should I have been making the required amount to sponsor someone? I think for the past 3 years I have been making about 25K.

Very much appreciated.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Very helpful thank you.

Before applying I wanted to get all the facts right. So how much does my income needs to be if I am applying for my mother only? If I am not making enough could my partner co sign? Also when providing information about my income from the past 3 tax year should I have been making the required amount to sponsor someone? I think for the past 3 years I have been making about 25K.

Very much appreciated.
Were you selected this year? You should have already figured this out for the EOI? Is your mother married or have a common law? If so, you have to sponsor their spouse or partner. You definitely don’t qualify if you make 25K and you wouldn’t be able to support your mother with 25K. You can look up the LICO chart. Your spouse or common law partner can co-sign if they are willing to co-sign. They will be financially responsible for your parent(s) for 20 years. If you are married or common law you have to add the person to your family size regardless whether they want to co-sign.

Dija24

Aug 12, 2018
Were you selected this year? You should have already figured this out for the EOI? Is your mother married or have a common law? If so, you have to sponsor their spouse or partner. You definitely don’t qualify if you make 25K and you wouldn’t be able to support your mother with 25K. You can look up the LICO chart. Your spouse or common law partner can co-sign if they are willing to co-sign. They will be financially responsible for your parent(s) for 20 years. If you are married or common law you have to add the person to your family size regardless whether they want to co-sign.

No I have not been selected or anything, just doing some research on sponsorship and Super Visa. Wants to be well informed. She is not married or have a common law.

Thanks

David_Parker

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
Good Morning Everyone

Few quick questions:
1) My father doesn't use last name, Background form don't validate without last name.
2) we don't know date of dease for my paternal grandfather
3) I am using affidavit instead of marriage certificate
4) I have moved to new address since my invitation letter says old address.
So I need to use 4 different letters of explanation or write all in one.
Please guide me