+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A guide for preparing Parents Sponsorship/ Immigration Application

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
Why are you guys preparing the forms when IRCC clearly said you should not till receive invitations. There maybe no invitations this year due to law suit from REPAIR group
We might get invited, we might not... I'd rather have a leg up and most of the information readily available if we do. I do me, you do you ;-)

Would still appreciate help from anyone that knows the answers for my questions! :)

riagarwal

May 9, 2013
Question on the Co-Sponsor Contact Information.

I am trying to fill in the information and every time I reopen the form it gives the Error that the Code should be 3 digits.
However, when I select Canada / US, I by default get 1 as the code and there is no option to enter 3 digits like 001

Anyone else had issue. So far, I have left the Phone Number as Empty and have given the Email Address of the Co-Sponsor, is that Ok or the Phone Number is required.

As the form validated fine without the Phone Number. Please assist.

Also, One more Questoin : Can we use the scanned signatures.. I am not sure if I missed this information in this thread earlier.

Smileforu

Jan 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
April 2010
File Transfer...
April 2010 ! March 2012 6-12 months wait letter
Great info

Reactions: gst8486

riagarwal

May 9, 2013

I am trying to fill in the information and every time I reopen the form it gives the Error that the Code should be 3 digits.
However, when I select Canada / US, I by default get 1 as the code and there is no option to enter 3 digits like 001

Anyone else had issue. So far, I have left the Phone Number as Empty and have given the Email Address of the Co-Sponsor, is that Ok or the Phone Number is required.

Also, One more Questoin : Can we use the scanned signatures.. I am not sure if I missed this information in this thread earlier.
Anyone please? any help on this..

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011

I don't think that will be a major issue, i faced the same error and i ignored it! I went ahead validated and printed it!

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
For those who are still in process of preparing their application package:

Following are the key points which I compiled after submission of my parent's application in 2018, please note that some points might not be applicable, users discretion advised:
  1. Make sure you choose the below highlighted option in form IMM1344 (Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement)

2. In 2008, after the receipt of complete application packages, IRCC asked for
    IMM 5562 E : SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION YOUR TRAVELS (from all applicants), this form was not listed in the checklist, and i noticed that this form is not listed this year too. I recommend everyone to fill this form and provide it with the package regardless, because there is a strong chance that IRCC could ask for it. I did that this time for my in-laws application.

3. Every-time you do a change in the information entered in the form, do not forget to click Validate on the forms (if Validate button is in the form). To make things easy for your parents, I would suggest you to print the documents and courier them. Once received, parents can go through the form and sign those. After that they can courier the forms back to you with the Photographs, photocopies of their passport pages, Marriage certificate/ affidavits etc.

4. For IMM4506 (Additional Family Information), do not forget to write names in native (non-english) language if your parents are coming from country where English is not an official or national language. You can fill the form in English and then print it, after that the names in native language can be written by hand.

5. Make sure that on the back of photographs of parents is as per the IRCC dimensional specification. Also make sure that at the back of photographs, the name and date of birth of the subject is provided, as well as the name and complete address of the photography studio, date on which the picture was taken; the photographer may use a stamp or hand-write this information. Stick-on labels are unacceptable.
    Put the photographs in a small ziplock bag, and write on top of the ziplock bag the name, UCI and DOB of the subject. This ziplock bag will become part of the application package.

6. In the application package Include the printed ITA letter received from IRCC via email. Surprisingly the checklist hasn't asked for it, but the ITA letter itself says that the it should be kept as the first document (on top) of the application package.

7. Do not forget to provide USE OF REPRESENTATIVE FORM IMM5476:
    Provide IMM 5476: Use of Representative form even if in the IRCC checklist it says 'to be completed/ provided, if applicable'. Assuming that by default a sponsor is a representative for the parents, many applicants didn't provide the form with their application, but later after receiving the application package, IRCC asked for IMM 5476, this could delay the process, so its' better to provide this form along with the other forms.

8. Form IMM5768 Financial Evaluation for Parents Sponsorship
    If you are working for the same company for last three year, Assuming you worked for a company XYZ, and assuming family size 5 with gross income 90k, I would fill the form year wise, see the below example:

9. Here is another example for reporting income

Assuming that you are making $100,000 per annum since 2015 and you have worked for 4 different companies and your family size has been 5 since 2015, In my case, I filled the Employment History section of form in year-wise fashion, and I would suggest you to pick gross income mentioned in your NOAs.

For your employment from 2018-01-01 to present, you can total the salary as per your paychecks. Make sure you leave no gaps in between the dates.

10. Here is another example for reporting income
    I will recommend you to use the annual income mentioned in Notice of assessment (NOA) for past three years. I am not confident about putting individual incomes mentioned in individual T4s for individual employer. Basically you make two things clear in section 14. of this form IMM5768
    1. where you worked in 2015, 2016, 2017 and beginning of 2018
    2. how much you made in year 2015, 2016, 2017 and beginning of 2018

Assuming that in year 2017, you worked for two employers (Employer 2 and Employer 2.1) and made $100,000 in total in year 2017 (as per NOA), I would suggest you the below format to apply. I will also suggest you to put in brackets 'this was my second job/ employer' infront of employer/ company name.

Also as shown under columns for gross income in 2017, draw a big bracket with the help of a scale, to show that you are showing a combined income

11. There could be cases where the parents don’t have a marriage certificate. In that case if the parents can get a marriage certificate done quick enough it’s great; otherwise an affidavit (done in local court/ magistrate) will do the job. In addition to the home address, make sure the affidavit carries passport number and date of birth of your father and mother. Provide original copy of the affidavits with the application package, but make sure you keep a copy of the affidavits. Also, provide an explanation letter to IRCC saying that an affidavit has been provided as an evidence of the marriage of your parents.

Here is a post by one of the forum members who applied for her parents immigration in 2017, she confirmed the use of affidavit as a marriage document for her parents and she had no issues in. So far even I had no issues too!
    https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/parents-and-grandparents-sponsorship-2017.479048/page-251#post-6812809

12. If an applicant or co-applicant was on a maternity leave, the maternity pay/ EI will count as income as it's considered a special payment from EI.

13. I recommend not leaving UCI column blank if your parents have dealt with CIC/ IRCC in the past. There should be UCI on the letters or correspondence with IRCC for visitor or super visa, if you don't have those letters, the visa stamp on your parents passport will also carry UCI#

14. If IRCC has provided a PO BOX address only, note that only Canada Post could deliver to PO Box address, courier company's can't!

15. For form IMM 5669 Schedule A – Background/Declaration, under Authority to Disclose Personal Information section, it appears that no signatures are required if the name of the applicant is typed in the signature box, there is no instruction on the form stating that after typing the name, the form has to be signed by hand also (after printing the form). However in the application guide (Screenshot 2) there are instructions i.e. type the name, print the form, sign the form with hand. I wish IRCC would have put the same instruction in the form also, there is a great chance that people will assume that the signatures with hand are not required. I recommend everyone to read Guide 5772 again and again.

Please note that the form IMM 5669 is required to be filled by principle applicant, co-applicant/ spouse and their dependent children aged 18 years or older (if applicable).

Screenshot 1:

Screenshot 2:

16. Before paying the fee online, make sure you check if you need to pay for Biometric also:
    Find out if you need to give biometrics
    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp

17. In Supporting Document - Part B section of checklist, I would suggest to check mark on the Proof of Income or Notice of Assessment..... option and accordingly provide NOA or any other proof of income for yourself and your co-sponsor (if applicable). Though i found this section of checklist little confusing; in first read it appeared that the sponsor is required to provide NOA only if the sponsor denies providing his or her SIN number in form IMM5768. But i believe the NOAs are to be provided regardless of response provided in IMM5768. I don't believe it will hurt!

18. In case you can't provide a document, or you think that there is something which will help IRCC officer in understanding a particular document or scenario, prepare an explanation letter and add it in the application package. Avoid creating multiple explaination letters, rather make one letter and exaplain everthin gin it. DO not forget to sign the letter. Also provide your UCI#, NAME, DOB and address in the letter.

19. Before mailing the application to IRCC, make sure you check the whole application atleast twice. Don't prepare the application in rush, take your time in ensuring that you didn't miss anything.
Additional notes:
  • The sponsor has to maintain the required income till the Parents land in Canada as permanent resident.
Hopefully this helps. please hit the like button if you found the information useful!

Please note that above suggestions are on the basis of my understanding.

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
Thanks for providing very useful information. May God bless and protect you. Please also provide packing sequence of forms and docs. I mean what will come on top invitation letter. Check list . Bar code 1344 . Bar code imm0008 etc .....
Also please advise how to write explanation letter for putting wrong number in family unit in EOI . I wrote family size in family unit blank in EOI. This is due to Twittes from social media team of ircc which Twitted that family unit and family size is same thing. Thanks in advance

Reactions: gst8486

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Thank you caninfoseeker! :)
For the sequence of forms/ documents, the very first document should be the ITA letter, second should be the Explanation letter, then the Checklist, and then further the arrange the forms and documents as per sequence in the checklist.
In the explaination letter i will suggest the following:

IRCC
CPC-PGP
PO Box 8020, STN T CSC
Ottawa, ON
K1G 3H6

Dear IRCC Officer,

I want to declare that due to the urgency and short time period available to put my parents name in the EOI form, I might have entered the wrong family size in the online EOI form.

My actual family size is X, this family size includes, my father, mother, myself, my spouse……….. This is the family size I am including it in the application package.

Please note that, we meet the income requirements for sponsoring my parents. (Use this line if some one is co-sponsoring)

Please note that, I meet the income requirements for sponsoring my parents. (Use this line if there is no co-sponsor)

Regards,
Name
UCI#
Date of Birth
Address:
Phone:

Swaj123

May 13, 2019
Hi,
I have question regarding IMM5669e. my grandparents date of birth and date of death is unknown. so I put ****-**-** as per guide 5772. but system not allowing me to validate the form. so I am sending un validated form with letter of explanation. will this work .?

Thanks for looking into my question.
Hi, I want little guidance about the same issue, ... So did you sent in validate form? As in guide it says that if you put "*" on unknown date, it will not validate form... Did you attach Letter to explain? Can you send that template,
Thanks in advance

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
Thanks @gst8486 for your draft explanation letter. I have one more question. In my parents marriage certificate there is mistake in date of birth. Whether this will work or some thing need to be done. Thanks

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
@gst8486 one more question regarding family size issue. Is it advisable to include that ircc social media team on Twitter wrote on 17th Jan 2019 that "Family unit and family size is one and same thing" . In fact I was misguided by this. But would it harm my application because from very next day they started giving correct definition.