+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A good news for all applicants from all countries - Its official from CIC!!!

ASK

Dec 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 Oct 2009
AOR Received.
29 Jun 2010
File Transfer...
06 Jan 2010
Med's Request
09 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
20 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
04 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
01 July 2013
LANDED..........
06 Oct 2013 (hopefully)
Will_come_true? said:
Sir,

I have a some queries on my case. I have received medicals last month from London. Now, we have 29th September as deadline to send medicals & RPRF.
But my wife is 7 week pregnant, so what do you recommend

1- Shall I go for shielded X-ray and send my wife reports or wait for delivery ?

If answer to the above is Yes, then can you answer the following question
A) do they accept shielded x-ray and will they issues visa in pregnancy case? Or wait for child birth

B) what if we can't get visas on our passport before child's birth. Will this be a problem to make a landing for a family ?

If answer to my first above question is No; then
C) will LVO send any letter stating that you have to send new born papers and X-ray for wife ? And what is the timeline to receive that letter and what is the deadline to send new born papers & wife x-ray

D) how long will be the wait after sending new born papers? I have done my medicals on 12th sept and will this situation make me to re do the medicals again if one year passed by ?
Thank you for timely reply and reading my query
Regards
WCT
Hi WCT,

Congrats on getting your medicals. Unfortunately, I am not the best person to advice you on this. There are many similar cases I have seen in this forum which means, you will for sure get your answers from this forum. You may use the search facility on right top part of this page.

If search option was not helpful, the best thing you can do is start a topic requesting for advice with an appropriate Subject line. I am sure that there are thousands of kind hearts willing to help you with their valuable advice.

bibek

Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2010
Doc's Request.
May 5, 2010
File Transfer...
May 11, 2010
Med's Request
November 8, 2012
Med's Done....
November 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 12, 2013
Sounds quite good. But it can be another lolly pop in our hands.

maran1976

Feb 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 April 2010
AOR Received.
26 Nov 2010 (2nd Aor Date)
Med's Request
28-02-2013
Med's Done....
6th March 2013
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
Recvd by CHC Mar 13th
this could work to an extent.atleast they have stopped new applications for some time now.
if only they did the sensible thing of further increasing the intake until the backlog is cleared....

ASK

Dec 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 Oct 2009
AOR Received.
29 Jun 2010
File Transfer...
06 Jan 2010
Med's Request
09 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
20 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
04 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
01 July 2013
LANDED..........
06 Oct 2013 (hopefully)
maran1976 said:
this could work to an extent.atleast they have stopped new applications for some time now.
if only they did the sensible thing of further increasing the intake until the backlog is cleared....
Well, the new intake numbers has no impact on the existing applicants as far as I know...So, smaller the future intake numbers, may be, more time CIC gets in clearing backlogs. They are making their moves strategically in their best interests!!!

ASK

Dec 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 Oct 2009
AOR Received.
29 Jun 2010
File Transfer...
06 Jan 2010
Med's Request
09 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
20 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
04 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
01 July 2013
LANDED..........
06 Oct 2013 (hopefully)
[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]An Immigration System That Works For Canada’s Economy[/size][/size][/size]
[size=10pt]Moving to a Fast, Flexible Just-in-Time Immigration System[/size]

Toronto, November 2, 2012 — Today, Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney announced that by the end of 2013, Canada’s immigration system will be transformed from one that was plagued by backlogs into one that is fast, flexible, and responsive to the labour market.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) announced today it will admit up to 55,300 persons in the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) category in 2013. Combined with previous actions taken to manage the backlog, this means by the end of 2013 we will be able to process new applications as they are received – a “just in time” system – and aim to process them in less than a year, instead of up to eight years under the old FSW program. In addition, CIC expects to clear the FSW applications received to date by the end of 2014, three years earlier than originally expected.

This will allow for the introduction of an Expression of Interest (EOI) system to be put in place for FSW and possibly other economic immigration streams. CIC is moving to a just-in-time system that recruits people with the right skills to meet Canada’s labour market needs, fast tracks their applications, and gets them working in a period of months, instead of years.

“The Government’s number one priority remains the economy and job growth,” said Minister Kenney. “Immigration backlogs are detrimental to our ability to attract the world’s top talent. With the decisive actions we’ve taken to tackle the backlog, we will finally be able to select immigrants who better meet the needs of the Canadian labour market. We will aim to process their applications in less than 12 months.”

The volume of FSW applications has been a longstanding dilemma, since the number of applications received inevitably exceeded the space available within the Immigration Levels Plan each year. As a result, wait times in the FSW program were as high as eight years.

Over the past few years, CIC has taken concrete measures to tackle this problem, including the following:

Under the 2008 Action Plan for Faster Immigration, CIC began to limit FSW application intake to priority occupations.
In 2010, the Department added caps to the number of new applications.
In June 2012, the Jobs, Growth and Long-Term Prosperity Act eliminated most of the remaining FSW applications received before February 27, 2008.
In July 2012, CIC issued a temporary pause on new FSW applications, excluding candidates with a qualifying job offer or those applying under the PhD stream.
Taken together, these efforts have dramatically reduced the total number of people waiting in the FSW backlog from a height of 640,000 people in 2008 to approximately 100,000 today, even with new applications received since the 2008 Action Plan.

“By tackling the backlog to make way for a faster, more flexible just-in-time immigration system, newcomers to Canada will be able to fully participate in the economy more quickly,” said Minister Kenney. “Immigration plays a vital role in our country’s long-term prosperity. By improving our economic immigration system, we can ensure that Canada is competitive on the world stage.”

In 2013, CIC plans to admit between 53,500 to 55,300 Federal Skilled Workers, including their spouses and dependants. CIC intends to lift the current pause on FSW applications in 2013, when the new selection criteria are expected to take effect. The final regulatory changes will be available in the Canada Gazette later this year.

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2012/2012-11-02.asp

sarkes01

Apr 19, 2012
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 Aug'14
AOR Received.
17 Dec'14
File Transfer...
26Jan'15
Med's Request
05 Jan'15
Med's Done....
06 Jan'15
ASK said:
[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]An Immigration System That Works For Canada's Economy[/size][/size][/size]
[size=10pt]Moving to a Fast, Flexible Just-in-Time Immigration System[/size]

Toronto, November 2, 2012 — Today, Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney announced that by the end of 2013, Canada's immigration system will be transformed from one that was plagued by backlogs into one that is fast, flexible, and responsive to the labour market.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) announced today it will admit up to 55,300 persons in the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) category in 2013. Combined with previous actions taken to manage the backlog, this means by the end of 2013 we will be able to process new applications as they are received – a “just in time” system – and aim to process them in less than a year, instead of up to eight years under the old FSW program. In addition, CIC expects to clear the FSW applications received to date by the end of 2014, three years earlier than originally expected.

This will allow for the introduction of an Expression of Interest (EOI) system to be put in place for FSW and possibly other economic immigration streams. CIC is moving to a just-in-time system that recruits people with the right skills to meet Canada's labour market needs, fast tracks their applications, and gets them working in a period of months, instead of years.

“The Government's number one priority remains the economy and job growth,” said Minister Kenney. “Immigration backlogs are detrimental to our ability to attract the world's top talent. With the decisive actions we've taken to tackle the backlog, we will finally be able to select immigrants who better meet the needs of the Canadian labour market. We will aim to process their applications in less than 12 months.”

The volume of FSW applications has been a longstanding dilemma, since the number of applications received inevitably exceeded the space available within the Immigration Levels Plan each year. As a result, wait times in the FSW program were as high as eight years.

Over the past few years, CIC has taken concrete measures to tackle this problem, including the following:

Under the 2008 Action Plan for Faster Immigration, CIC began to limit FSW application intake to priority occupations.
In 2010, the Department added caps to the number of new applications.
In June 2012, the Jobs, Growth and Long-Term Prosperity Act eliminated most of the remaining FSW applications received before February 27, 2008.
In July 2012, CIC issued a temporary pause on new FSW applications, excluding candidates with a qualifying job offer or those applying under the PhD stream.
Taken together, these efforts have dramatically reduced the total number of people waiting in the FSW backlog from a height of 640,000 people in 2008 to approximately 100,000 today, even with new applications received since the 2008 Action Plan.

“By tackling the backlog to make way for a faster, more flexible just-in-time immigration system, newcomers to Canada will be able to fully participate in the economy more quickly,” said Minister Kenney. “Immigration plays a vital role in our country's long-term prosperity. By improving our economic immigration system, we can ensure that Canada is competitive on the world stage.”

In 2013, CIC plans to admit between 53,500 to 55,300 Federal Skilled Workers, including their spouses and dependants. CIC intends to lift the current pause on FSW applications in 2013, when the new selection criteria are expected to take effect. The final regulatory changes will be available in the Canada Gazette later this year.

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2012/2012-11-02.asp

Is there any update for Québec applicant. Our BIQ HK vo is day by day slower.

ASK

Dec 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 Oct 2009
AOR Received.
29 Jun 2010
File Transfer...
06 Jan 2010
Med's Request
09 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
20 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
04 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
01 July 2013
LANDED..........
06 Oct 2013 (hopefully)
sarkes01 said:

Is there any update for Québec applicant. Our BIQ HK vo is day by day slower.
Hi Bro,

Thanks for your comments. Although not sure about Quebec applicants, I believe, the entire system (Canada as a whole) must be getting a faster processing time shortly. Since the number of applicants and the processes are different for Quebec, I shall do a quick search for you before I make any statements. In the mean time, please check the link below on the current processing times for Quebec:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/skilled-que.asp

Hope it helps.

sarkes01

Apr 19, 2012
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 Aug'14
AOR Received.
17 Dec'14
File Transfer...
26Jan'15
Med's Request
05 Jan'15
Med's Done....
06 Jan'15
ASK said:
Hi Bro,

Thanks for your comments. Although not sure about Quebec applicants, I believe, the entire system (Canada as a whole) must be getting a faster processing time shortly. Since the number of applicants and the processes are different for Quebec, I shall do a quick search for you before I make any statements. In the mean time, please check the link below on the current processing times for Quebec:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/skilled-que.asp

Hope it helps.
Hiya bro
Much appreciate for your valuable link. I saw the link before you gave me.
I am from Bangladesh and I applied in QSW on March’11. I received my AOR 13’April’11 after that HK visa office fully silent!!!! Do you know anything????

ASK

Dec 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 Oct 2009
AOR Received.
29 Jun 2010
File Transfer...
06 Jan 2010
Med's Request
09 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
20 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
04 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
01 July 2013
LANDED..........
06 Oct 2013 (hopefully)
sarkes01 said:
Hiya bro
Much appreciate for your valuable link. I saw the link before you gave me.
I am from Bangladesh and I applied in QSW on March'11. I received my AOR 13'April'11 after that HK visa office fully silent!!!! Do you know anything????
From my personal experience, I have seen that they stick to their deadlines. In many cases, knowingly or unknowingly, there are documents missing or some other issues in our applications which prohibits them from processing our application further. Sometimes, they may ask for the updated documents by post, but, we may never get that post and remain ignorant about their request. This may cause a delay in processing. In your case, Hong Kong VO is taking an average 10 months to process, which means that for you, there are 2 months remaining (BFD) to review your file. So, don't panic. If you don't hear from them in next two months, we will take the next step. No point in sending any inquiry as it will be a standard reply which will not be of any much help. You are in fact lucky that your application is taking only 10 months...For the rest of the applicants other than Quebec, there are cases of waiting as long as 8 years still without a decision!!!

Good luck.