+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A good news for all applicants from all countries - Its official from CIC!!!

ASK

Dec 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 Oct 2009
AOR Received.
29 Jun 2010
File Transfer...
06 Jan 2010
Med's Request
09 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
20 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
04 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
01 July 2013
LANDED..........
06 Oct 2013 (hopefully)
[size=10pt][size=10pt]News Release — Reducing Backlogs to Achieve a Fast and Flexible Immigration System[/size][/size]

Ottawa, September 17, 2012 —The Government of Canada welcomed the findings of a report on immigration backlogs by the Standing Committee on Citizenship and Immigration and tabled its response in Parliament today.

“I think we can all agree that backlogs are unfair to applicants, harmful to Canada's ability to attract the best and brightest from around the world, and hold back economic and job growth,” said Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney. “I thank the Standing Committee members for their hard work in compiling their report.”

The Committee commented favourably on what the Government has already achieved to date through the Action Plan for Faster Immigration and the Action Plan for Faster Family Reunification. However, the Committee report also made clear that more needs to be done in order to better align application intake with admission levels.

The committee report recognizes that backlogs have occurred because for too long Canada has accepted more applications than it can process and admit in a given year. Over time, this annual surplus of applications resulted in a backlog of more than a million applicants, and processing delays of eight to ten years in some immigration categories. The report concluded that, in order to avoid future backlogs, it is critical that the Government act to ensure that the annual number of applications better align with the number of admissions. The report also recommended exploring further options to deal with the problem of existing backlogs, particularly in the federal skilled worker, immigrant investor, and parent and grandparent classes.

The Government agrees with all of the Standing Committee's report recommendations and has already acted quickly to tackle application backlogs in key areas. Successes include:

Reducing the pre-2008 Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) backlog by more than 50 percent by 2011 – two years earlier than expected – through the 2008 Action Plan for Faster Immigration and successive Ministerial Instructions limiting application intake. Most recently, Economic Action Plan 2012 removed around 280,000 applicants from that FSW backlog, which paves the way for a faster and more flexible economic immigration system;
Managing intake of the Immigrant Investor Program applications starting in July 2011. Most recently, a temporary pause on new applications was introduced on July 1, 2012 to allow Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) to focus on processing existing applications and reviewing the program's effectiveness;
Significantly decreasing the backlog of applications for parents and grandparents since fall 2011, as a result of increased admission targets and a two-year pause on new applications under the Action Plan for Faster Family Reunification. At the same time, CIC introduced a new “Super Visa,” which allows for visits of up to two years by parents and grandparents, and has proven to be a popular alternative for applicants.
In the last year, the Government has also launched public online consultations on re-designing the parent and grandparent program, and reforming the Immigrant Investor Program. Policy work on reformed programs is now underway.

“The economy and job growth remain the Government's number one priority,” said Minister Kenney. “We continue to take the issue of immigration backlogs very seriously, and we will be doing even more in the future to transform our immigration system into one that is fast, fair, flexible, and serves the interests of Canada's long-term prosperity.”

The Standing Committee on Citizenship and Immigration tabled its report, entitled “Cutting the Queue: Reducing Canada's Immigration Backlogs and Wait Times,” in March 2012.

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2012/2012-09-17.asp?utm_source=media-centre-email&utm_medium=email-eng&utm_campaign=generic

jo_1501

Jul 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston,jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb.14,2008
Doc's Request.
jan.10,2009
AOR Received.
oct.2008
Re: A good news for all applicants

thank god 2012 will end positively for all of us just few months to go.

ASK

Dec 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 Oct 2009
AOR Received.
29 Jun 2010
File Transfer...
06 Jan 2010
Med's Request
09 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
20 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
04 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
01 July 2013
LANDED..........
06 Oct 2013 (hopefully)

jo_1501 said:
thank god 2012 will end positively for all of us just few months to go.
Hopefully...

gudboy

Mar 13, 2012
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
April 2010
Med's Request
05 June 2012
Med's Done....
17 June 2012
Interview........
Waied off
Passport Req..
12-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM 13 Nov 2012 InshAllah Soon
LANDED..........
InshAllah in March April 2013

Really a good news....

ASK

Dec 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 Oct 2009
AOR Received.
29 Jun 2010
File Transfer...
06 Jan 2010
Med's Request
09 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
20 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
04 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
01 July 2013
LANDED..........
06 Oct 2013 (hopefully)

gudboy said:
Really a good news....
@gudboy - We seem to have a similar timeline regarding our applications. What is your occupation? I am a medical doctor with MBA having clinical, hospital administration and medical insurance experience...

nice lady

Star Member
Jun 11, 2012
uae
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-11-2009
Doc's Request.
10-3-2010
IELTS Request
done and sent
File Transfer...
12-12-2011
Med's Request
27-6-2013
Med's Done....
3-7-2013
Passport Req..
3-1-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-1-2014
LANDED..........
12-0302014
ASK said:
[size=10pt][size=10pt]News Release — Reducing Backlogs to Achieve a Fast and Flexible Immigration System[/size][/size]

Ottawa, September 17, 2012 —The Government of Canada welcomed the findings of a report on immigration backlogs by the Standing Committee on Citizenship and Immigration and tabled its response in Parliament today.

“I think we can all agree that backlogs are unfair to applicants, harmful to Canada's ability to attract the best and brightest from around the world, and hold back economic and job growth,” said Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney. “I thank the Standing Committee members for their hard work in compiling their report.”
we hope so its very good news to all

The Committee commented favourably on what the Government has already achieved to date through the Action Plan for Faster Immigration and the Action Plan for Faster Family Reunification. However, the Committee report also made clear that more needs to be done in order to better align application intake with admission levels.

The committee report recognizes that backlogs have occurred because for too long Canada has accepted more applications than it can process and admit in a given year. Over time, this annual surplus of applications resulted in a backlog of more than a million applicants, and processing delays of eight to ten years in some immigration categories. The report concluded that, in order to avoid future backlogs, it is critical that the Government act to ensure that the annual number of applications better align with the number of admissions. The report also recommended exploring further options to deal with the problem of existing backlogs, particularly in the federal skilled worker, immigrant investor, and parent and grandparent classes.

The Government agrees with all of the Standing Committee's report recommendations and has already acted quickly to tackle application backlogs in key areas. Successes include:

Reducing the pre-2008 Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) backlog by more than 50 percent by 2011 – two years earlier than expected – through the 2008 Action Plan for Faster Immigration and successive Ministerial Instructions limiting application intake. Most recently, Economic Action Plan 2012 removed around 280,000 applicants from that FSW backlog, which paves the way for a faster and more flexible economic immigration system;
Managing intake of the Immigrant Investor Program applications starting in July 2011. Most recently, a temporary pause on new applications was introduced on July 1, 2012 to allow Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) to focus on processing existing applications and reviewing the program's effectiveness;
Significantly decreasing the backlog of applications for parents and grandparents since fall 2011, as a result of increased admission targets and a two-year pause on new applications under the Action Plan for Faster Family Reunification. At the same time, CIC introduced a new “Super Visa,” which allows for visits of up to two years by parents and grandparents, and has proven to be a popular alternative for applicants.
In the last year, the Government has also launched public online consultations on re-designing the parent and grandparent program, and reforming the Immigrant Investor Program. Policy work on reformed programs is now underway.

“The economy and job growth remain the Government's number one priority,” said Minister Kenney. “We continue to take the issue of immigration backlogs very seriously, and we will be doing even more in the future to transform our immigration system into one that is fast, fair, flexible, and serves the interests of Canada's long-term prosperity.”

The Standing Committee on Citizenship and Immigration tabled its report, entitled “Cutting the Queue: Reducing Canada's Immigration Backlogs and Wait Times,” in March 2012.

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2012/2012-09-17.asp?utm_source=media-centre-email&utm_medium=email-eng&utm_campaign=generic

ASK

Dec 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 Oct 2009
AOR Received.
29 Jun 2010
File Transfer...
06 Jan 2010
Med's Request
09 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
20 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
04 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
01 July 2013
LANDED..........
06 Oct 2013 (hopefully)
'CIC introduced a new “Super Visa,” which allows for visits of up to two years by parents and grandparents, and has proven to be a popular alternative for applicants'

igbehinadara

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Avo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
IELTS Request
NA
VISA ISSUED...
July 2017
LANDED..........
October 2017
Nice one if they keep to their words and promise.

Welldone Standing committee.

Ig

bilal83

Star Member
Sep 5, 2012
Visa Office......
beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
not yet
can any one please show me what is so good about it,,,we heard all that before,,,any time frame ??? im 2006 applicant?? i am not being ironic just if any one see some thing different point it out to me,,thanks

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
It is not a good news for Pre Feb 2008..... It seems you are happy to see other applicants before Feb 2008 were removed .....

bilal83

Star Member
Sep 5, 2012
Visa Office......
beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
not yet
lol,,where does it show iam happy for there loss :eek:

ASK

Dec 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 Oct 2009
AOR Received.
29 Jun 2010
File Transfer...
06 Jan 2010
Med's Request
09 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
20 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
04 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
01 July 2013
LANDED..........
06 Oct 2013 (hopefully)
sunsun said:
It is not a good news for Pre Feb 2008..... It seems you are happy to see other applicants before Feb 2008 were removed .....
Well, the good news is that who so ever is waiting for so long and if their eligibility criteria meets that of CIC can expect their applications to get processed in the near future. I am not rejoicing on the fact that some applicants pre Feb 2008 were removed. Just like for a job interview, not everyone who applies for it gets the job!!! Its a part and parcel of life. I am not sure if they prohibit you from re-applying in future, the waiting period is going to be much less of they clear the backlog.

Even if every one on this planet works hard, their rewards or achievements / accomplishments are not the same!!! Have faith and patience. Your life will move on whether you are in Canada or in the country where you are. Just give your best and find joy in what you do...That is all I can say.

ASK

Dec 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 Oct 2009
AOR Received.
29 Jun 2010
File Transfer...
06 Jan 2010
Med's Request
09 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
20 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
04 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
01 July 2013
LANDED..........
06 Oct 2013 (hopefully)
sunsun said:
Mr.Bilal is a 2006 applicant and still he is responding positively to this. I guess that is the spirit...I have observed that even now some 2005, 2006 applicants are getting Medical requests. About the new time frame - I have no authority to comment on that. Let us hope for the best. I am also an applicant waiting for my application to be processed!!! All I did was share a news which I thought was a good sign...

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
nicholas30 said:
These are promises made, the point is will they fullfill it!!!!!!!!!!
Yea, exactly what I thought myself!!! They paint a glowing picture of how fast the process is going to be, but this so called fast processing happens in only selected few VOs like NDVO, LVO, Manila etc!!

*Mandie*