+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A complete way to nail 'Source of fund' dilemma!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
I've finally worked out how to get evidence from my bank that they won't write a financial letter. I we t into branch and they told me they don't have letter headed paper to write letters. I called head office and they said no. So.... I'm going to write to the complaints team. I'm going to write and mention that I had asked for a letter and I find it ridiculous that after 25 years of using the same bank they can't produce a letter. I won't put any other contact details on the letter other than my postal address so they will HAVE to write a response.

Boom. Just an idea if that helps anyone.
Let us know if that works out ;)

boboliang

Star Member
Dec 3, 2016
Hello Everyone, I am new on this forum, I got mybcpnp nomination in October, and I am currently under process of EE. I have a question regarding the proof of fund. CIC requires my last 6 months ending balance statement ( June to Nov) from the bank. And I have one joint account with my mother and one joint account with my boyfriend. And I forgot to deposit my june july cheque to my personal chequing account for 2 month ( because I am on holiday in June and I deposit the cheque to the joint account....). would that be a matter if cic officer did not see my salary deposit for 2 month? because I only provide the 6 month balance statement of my personal day to day chequing account.
and my uncle ( my father's brother) sent me $50000 CAD into my account in September ( for my settlement fund). do I also need to provide a gift letter from him? in addition, my joint account has balance of $36000 with my boy friend, does he also need to provide a letter for explanation where is the money come from?

ibk

Star Member
Aug 1, 2015
Please Help!!

In the gift deed in the final statement "I further confirm that the gift has been made by Cheque No ___________ dated _______ drawn on ___________________________ (mention the Bank name & address)" whose bank name and address should I mention donor's or the receiver's. Please clarify.

hsinxh

May 20, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2016
Med's Done....
20-Dec-2016 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
14-March-2017
ibk said:
Please Help!!

In the gift deed in the final statement "I further confirm that the gift has been made by Cheque No ___________ dated _______ drawn on ___________________________ (mention the Bank name & address)" whose bank name and address should I mention donor's or the receiver's. Please clarify.
Donor's

cpsingh

Star Member
Jul 29, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

Can I use statements from my salary a/c , PPF A/C, mutual funds, FD's on my name & wife's name to show proof of funds ?

matchless

Star Member
Aug 18, 2016
cpsingh said:
Hi all,

Can I use statements from my salary a/c , PPF A/C, mutual funds, FD's on my name & wife's name to show proof of funds ?
yeah , maybe need some docs for PPF A/C, mutual funds

Aakash87

Oct 24, 2016
Hello Guys,

I got my ITA on 16th Nov 2016 and I aim to submit my application by end of December. Need some guidance on documents for POF. Since we are 2 applicants, I need to show approx 15k as POF, but I plan to show apprx 20k as POF. Few quick questions:

- I have 2 savings accounts having approx 14k CAD in both of them combined. Out of 14k, 10k is a recent gift from my mother. She transferred this amount from her 2 accounts - 1 Savings and 1 Current. So I plan to enter both the account numbers in the gift deed. But do I need to provide any details of the proprietorship firm (Current account) from which I received a major part of the gift ?

- My wife has a FD of approx 5k in her name and her savings account has approx 3k in her savings account. Is there any need to transfer the amount or FD to my name ? or an affidavit from my wife stating that "the funds are to be used for Canadian Immigration application" suffice ?

- I have a PPF in my name having approx 15k CAD. I got a stamped letter from the bank stating the amount available as of date. Is this sufficient ?

- What document do I need to submit for PF from my employer ?

Just need to pick the safest options to submit to CIC. Thanks!

raviprawat

Apr 1, 2016
Hi Anuj/Experts,

Here is my case.

1. I have PF amount of 3 lakhs for which I have e-statement and savings of 2 lakhs.
2. My father is government employee is going to take loan for the remaining amount. He does not want to break his FDs and SIPs now hence taking loan.
3. If it is ok, then SINP needs 3 months account history. Will they consider my case.

I can provide affidavit of "Gift Deed" from my Father and also Net Worth certificate. Will CIC consider this as POF.
Does is matter to them if Donor takes loan for gift.

Thanks,
Ravip

raviprawat

Apr 1, 2016
Hi Anuj/Experts,

Here is my case.

1. I have PF amount of 3 lakhs for which I have e-statement and savings of 2 lakhs.
2. My father is government employee is going to take loan for the remaining amount. He does not want to break his FDs and SIPs now hence taking loan.
3. If it is ok, then SINP needs 3 months account history. Will they consider my case.

I can provide affidavit of "Gift Deed" from my Father and also Net Worth certificate. Will CIC consider this as POF.
Does is matter to them if Donor takes loan for gift.

Thanks,
Ravip

subramani_vs

Aug 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Feb-2017
My POF is in the form of FD. Few are in my name and spouse's name and the rest with my father. It's a E or S (Either or Survivor) account with my name as the 1st name and his name being 2nd (The only reason for this is I will get an additional 1.5% interest rate). They returned my application saying that POF should be either in the name of the applicant or the spouse only.

I've planned to close all the FD's that is shared with my father and create a new one out of it.

1) As a proof I'm planning to share the old receipts, the bank statement (showing the credit from the closed account and debit to the new account) and the new receipts. Will it work?
2) Or should I try to get a certificate from the bank stating that even though my father's name is in FD receipt the whole fund belongs to me?

Which option would you think will work?

Nov 8, 2016
I've one question (potentially silly).
The content of the affidavit (article 4) and the gift deed appear similar. Why then two documents? Won't the gift deed simply suffice?

Thanks
Pradyut

Fahadivan

Aug 15, 2016
maverickpradyut said:
I've one question (potentially silly).
The content of the affidavit (article 4) and the gift deed appear similar. Why then two documents? Won't the gift deed simply suffice?

Thanks
Pradyut

anybody got an answer to this? i mean if i include the bank transaction details in my gift deed do i need an affidavit too? Isn't it redundant???

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fahadivan said:
anybody got an answer to this? i mean if i include the bank transaction details in my gift deed do i need an affidavit too? Isn't it redundant???
Correct.

dralfa

Star Member
Apr 12, 2016
can i take gifts from 2 person??
my father in law and my brother??

i have 30% of pof with me. rest i need to take as a gift. please suggest.