+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

8th draw done - 453 points

glbong42

Sep 7, 2014
GARJ said:
I'm at 422 too! It's not low, we are only 31 points away with at least 7 to 17 draw left for Express Entry so we have a good chance! We just have to be patient and wait. I know it's hard, the first quarter for express entry is almost over and for every round you don't get picked you get anxious. But it will happen, there's still way lots to go, its been only 4 months!
I have almost 10 years working experience, bachelor's degree and have enough funds. But I think it is not too simple to reach the finish line here. Here is why: I will be at 414 when I get favorable score in IELTS then 422 after getting my wife's ECA. I don't want to be pessimistic, but I think the score 453 is only reachable if you have either of these:
- Master's Degree
- Canadian Experience
- Provincial Nominee Program

For people like me with Family and working outside Canada, it is hard to get anything above. Example, it is hard to go back to school and acquired a master's degree, even if it is a part-time as I have responsibilities as a parent and it's going to cost me time. The only feasible way for me at the moment is to get a nomination in one of the provinces, or get hired in Canada. But both are still not easy to acquire.

I think there are many people with the same case as me. So if the Express Entry program is going to cut down the points, there will be a massive applicants who will qualify, and they don't have enough time this year to cater them all, it might reach the quota easily too.

Now, I am contemplating of going to Australia instead...

jassu2

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
htcjmd said:
But they say officers know... About all sort of ritual marriages..... We being hindu have a proper ritual marriage.... Will that be a considered as inappropriate.
they will do a back ground chk if thy find anything suspicious.. so basically thy ll chk wit ur neighbors whether u r actually married or not.. i knw off a person who got rejected as he had marriage solely for migration..
so if you can give a small party and get ur wife at home now itself and later on in nov do ritual marriage it wont be a issue...

glbong42

Sep 7, 2014
gurnaaz_34 said:
i think without canadian experience we cant even cross 400 points
you can reach 400+ points without Canadian experience as long as your IELTS is atleast 7 in all categories, but 450 points is impossible unless you have master's degree or nomination.

manojsr

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
htcjmd said:
Help please...

I am at 404 right now....not married yet....but marriage is in November..... If I estimate my scores with my spouse...I make 450-460 .....is it possible to do court marriage for now and include him...with myself.

Thanku plsssss help
Just a thought. If you are married then the 40 points would be awarded for spouse and your individual points would be come down at the same ratio. I don't see a way that you can bump your points with spouse by 44-54 marks when 40 are reserved for spouse.

My own individual score gets down by 12 points when I include my spouse and add her ECA (I get 10 points for her ECA and loose 22 of my individual points=-12). This is based on my understanding and CRS tool.

glbong42

Sep 7, 2014
manojsr said:
Just a thought. If you are married then the 40 points would be awarded for spouse and your individual points would be come down at the same ratio. I don't see a way that you can bump your points with spouse by 44-54 marks when 40 are reserved for spouse.

My own individual score gets down by 12 points when I include my spouse and add her ECA (I get 10 points for her ECA and loose 22 of my individual points=-12). This is based on my understanding and CRS tool.
yes, this is true. I have included also my wife in my application, and since she has almost the same qualification as me I get almost the same score compared if I were single.

Rule of thumb is: Single gets more points than having a spouse with low qualification.
The rationale is if you bring your spouse to Canada, he/she will be part of the population and she must be competitive to contribute better to the country.

zandora

Dec 31, 2014
glbong42 said:
I have almost 10 years working experience, bachelor's degree and have enough funds. But I think it is not too simple to reach the finish line here. Here is why: I will be at 414 when I get favorable score in IELTS then 422 after getting my wife's ECA. I don't want to be pessimistic, but I think the score 453 is only reachable if you have either of these:
- Master's Degree
- Canadian Experience

For people like me with Family and working outside Canada, it is hard to get anything above. Example, it is hard to go back to school and acquired a master's degree, even if it is a part-time as I have responsibilities as a parent and it's going to cost me time. The only feasible way for me at the moment is to get a nomination in one of the provinces, or get hired in Canada. But both are still not easy to acquire.

I think there are many people with the same case as me. So if the Express Entry program is going to cut down the points, there will be a massive applicants who will qualify, and they don't have enough time this year to cater them all, it might reach the quota easily too.

Now, I am contemplating of going to Australia instead...
Unfortunately I don't agree with you. I have 3yrs foreign work experience, a Master's degree, IELTS: W 7, R 7.5, L 8 and S 9 and have a CRS score of 467. Hence I do not agree that only a Canadian work experience would give you a score of 453.

glbong42

Sep 7, 2014
zandora said:
Unfortunately I don't agree with you. I have 3yrs foreign work experience, a Master's degree, IELTS: W 7, R 7.5, L 8 and S 9 and have a CRS score of 467. Hence I do not agree that only a Canadian work experience would give you a score of 453.
I did not say only Canadian work experience will give you a score of 453. I said you have to have either of these:
- Master's Degree
- Canadian Experience

In your case, since you have master's degree, you get higher score. Try the self assessment and change your master's into bachelor's degree, you will see what I mean.

RomnZh

Mar 22, 2015
zandora said:
Wow, that's impressive!
But you mean Master's degree earned from a Canadian university, right? Because, for instance, I have a non-canadian master's degree, ielts 8 (not less 7.5 for each band), more than 3 years of non-canadian work experience - and still I am pushing only 400. I've claimed that my wife is going with me though, but even without that I'd get something 420ish at best.

zandora

Dec 31, 2014
RomnZh said:
Wow, that's impressive!
But you mean Master's degree earned from a Canadian university, right? Because, for instance, I have a non-canadian master's degree, ielts 8 (not less 7.5 for each band), more than 3 years of non-canadian work experience - and still I am pushing only 400. I've claimed that my wife is going with me though, but even without that I'd get something 420ish at best.
No my Master's was not from a Canadian Uni but from the UK. I had an ECA done.

htcjmd

Star Member
Aug 25, 2011
Delhi, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
IELTS Request
Sent with initial file
Thanks all for your answers....

I am just wondering why Campbell Cohen's CRS calculator is giving me so much of extra marks..

Did any one try that?

The_Distant_One

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
glbong42 said:
I did not say only Canadian work experience will give you a score of 453. I said you have to have either of these:
- Master's Degree
- Canadian Experience

In your case, since you have master's degree, you get higher score. Try the self assessment and change your master's into bachelor's degree, you will see what I mean.
guessing your not married either ya bastard :D :D

manojsr

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zandora said:
Is the foreign work experience you are referring here is "Out of Canada" work experience? Could you share your score breakup please?

I have a Masters + IELTS R 8.5, L 8, W 7.5, S 7 + 10 years of work ex but its coming to 408 with spouse ECA.

fpnc2983

Feb 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
glbong42 said:
you can reach 400+ points without Canadian experience as long as your IELTS is atleast 7 in all categories, but 450 points is impossible unless you have master's degree or nomination.
this is true, you can reach more than 400+ without canadian experience.

we are applying outside canada and we are at 409.

havent done my ielts and ECA. if i include mine. most possible points we can get is 20. provided i score CLB7 overall and assuming I get3-4 years for ECA.

so the max we get is 429.
the only way to score more than this figure is either one of us has masters

chopsumbongw

Aug 31, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manojsr said:
Is the foreign work experience you are referring here is "Out of Canada" work experience? Could you share your score breakup please?

I have a Masters + IELTS R 8.5, L 8, W 7.5, S 7 + 10 years of work ex but its coming to 408 with spouse ECA.
Hi Manoj,

I am making an assumption here but since you have a masters degree and 10 years of experience I would put your age at around 34-35 which would give you 83 - 77 points. If you are between 20 to 29 you get 110 ie maximum points.

I am 26 with just a bachelors degree, IELTS R 8 - L 8 - W 7 - S 7.5, a little over 3 years experience and single and I have acquired 435 points.

Hope that was helpful.