01-09-2015
Med's Done....
04-09-2015
Passport Req..
16-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
6-11-2015 copr rcvd
My general observation:

I think declining ITA twice is a bit strange UNLESS you have an emergency situation or found out something all of a sudden. One time is understandable because you might commit some mistake or might be having doubts etc etc. which you can correct in the second attempt.
If some one is declining the third time, they shouldn't even bother applying PR. That is just wasting everyone else's time and effort.

Imagine every time one declines ITA, he/she might be taking up some one else's spot. who knows the cutoff in 6th draw would have come down much lower than 453 if everyone who declined weren't given ITAs in the first place.

Not sure of fake egos but I would definitely urge people be more responsible and sensible. If you are not sure, please let others who are 100% sure get into the line first.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
I think the fear of fake profiles or people over-claiming themselves will undermines the chances of genuine applicants has indeed come true. There has been many discussion (in the mass media and internet forums like here) before EE starts on how CIC going to combat this on self-proclaiming profiles and protect the genuine ones. I don't know how many people declined ITA because they can't provide evidence of their claims, but from what I see here there must be a substantial amount. Yes there is a 5 year ban on misrepresentations (its what CIC said), but those who declined ITA due to over-claiming themselves have done its damage without any punishment. I hope CIC does realize this problem and rectify it soon to restore the reputation of Canadian immigration system.

acey

Apr 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Received ITA under Federal Skilled Workers Category. Was eligible under / meeting criteria under both Canadian Experience Class and Federal Skilled Workers. So my question is - are there any others in the same situation? Can I still file under Canadian Experience Class; or must I sue and win first?

Karolis

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
mf4361 said:
I think the fear of fake profiles or people over-claiming themselves will undermines the chances of genuine applicants has indeed come true. There has been many discussion (in the mass media and internet forums like here) before EE starts on how CIC going to combat this on self-proclaiming profiles and protect the genuine ones. I don't know how many people declined ITA because they can't provide evidence of their claims, but from what I see here there must be a substantial amount. Yes there is a 5 year ban on misrepresentations (its what CIC said), but those who declined ITA due to over-claiming themselves have done its damage without any punishment. I hope CIC does realize this problem and rectify it soon to restore the reputation of Canadian immigration system. Finally, I am sure CIC foreseen that there will be tons of rejections and put a clause on purpose that states that declining ITA does not harm your chances to be picked next time.
I do not understand why some of you claim that rejections take someone elses spot. Unless me rejecting ITA reduced your score... Did it? If you read the forum there seem to be a consensus that at this point CIC does not want to go under 450. Therefore, the only thing the rejections do is inflate the number of ITA's. Otherwise, it might have been 425 ITA with CRS 453. Moreover, I am sure CIC is not stupid and they track the number of declines and adjust the next round of invitations accordingly. Therefore, it is up to applicant to do what they want with ITA and make sure it is perfect. Afterall rejections comes with a price: you are NOT guaranteed to be picked again.

uxd

Feb 27, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2015
AOR Received.
01-09-2015
Med's Done....
04-09-2015
Passport Req..
16-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
6-11-2015 copr rcvd
Imagine that some of the otherwise high scoring individuals weren't eligible and the number of ITAs issued to be the same. If this is the case, then rejected ones would not be counted towards the total ITAs issued and given the same number of ITAs issued, the cutoff has to go lower because there is no other way to intake same number of ITAs without lowering overall cutoff. So those who rejected ITAs hypothetically took spots of the ones that could have gotten it instead.

Look at it like this : More fake profile with high scores would only keep the cut-off score high because one can create fake profiles with 500+ scores, thereby keeping the cutoff always high. At the profile creation step until ITA is issued, there is just no way to check the profile genuineness. This is a big glitch in the EE system and I don't know how are they going to solve it.

I am just giving an example and not saying that people who rejected had fake profiles.

Karolis

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
uxd said:
Imagine that some of the otherwise high scoring individuals weren't eligible and the number of ITAs issued to be the same. If this is the case, then rejected ones would not be counted towards the total ITAs issued and given the same number of ITAs issued, the cutoff has to go lower because there is no other way to intake same number of ITAs without lowering overall cutoff. So those who rejected ITAs hypothetically took spots of the ones that could have gotten it instead.

Look at it like this : More fake profile with high scores would only keep the cut-off score high because one can create fake profiles with 500+ scores, thereby keeping the cutoff always high. At the profile creation step until ITA is issued, there is just no way to check the profile genuineness. This is a big glitch in the EE system and I don't know how are they going to solve it.

I am just giving an example and not saying that people who rejected had fake profiles.
But why do you assume that number of ITA stays the same? I think that they fix CRS not ITA. I think that #ITA increase or decrease based on the abundance of 'fake profiles'. I think they foreseen that there will be tons of rejections and made an effort to put a clause that declining ITA does not decrease your chances to be picked again.

uxd

Feb 27, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2015
AOR Received.
01-09-2015
Med's Done....
04-09-2015
Passport Req..
16-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
6-11-2015 copr rcvd
Because there is information available about how many ITAs would be there - probably based on how many PRs they issue to reach their 2015 targets. There is no information on CRS cutoffs for the year.

Karolis

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
uxd said:
Because there is information available about how many ITAs would be there - probably based on how many PRs they issue to reach their 2015 targets. There is no information on CRS cutoffs for the year.
In my head targets are the upper band which may or may not be reached. There is no 'we must' admit that amount of people..

The_Distant_One

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
uxd said:
My general observation:

I think declining ITA twice is a bit strange UNLESS you have an emergency situation or found out something all of a sudden. One time is understandable because you might commit some mistake or might be having doubts etc etc. which you can correct in the second attempt.
If some one is declining the third time, they shouldn't even bother applying PR. That is just wasting everyone else's time and effort.

Imagine every time one declines ITA, he/she might be taking up some one else's spot. who knows the cutoff in 6th draw would have come down much lower than 453 if everyone who declined weren't given ITAs in the first place.

Not sure of fake egos but I would definitely urge people be more responsible and sensible. If you are not sure, please let others who are 100% sure get into the line first.

Stop hating on this guy. As he said first time wax his fault second time was cic mistake which could mean anything.

I think cic will keep the score high no matter what the number of itas issued because they dont want to undermine the system ghey want to be sure that only the best get into canada. They dont want the temporary forwign worker programme issue again. He isnt taking anyones spot and its not his fault if you all are feeling sensitive because your score isnt up to standard. Im on 410 and have no problem with him making sure he has his stuff together before saying yes.

htcjmd

Star Member
Aug 25, 2011
Delhi, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
IELTS Request
Sent with initial file
Help please...

I am at 404 right now....not married yet....but marriage is in November..... If I estimate my scores with my spouse...I make 450-460 .....is it possible to do court marriage for now and include him...with myself.

Thanku plsssss help

Maytoss

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Waiting
NOC Code......
Not yet decided
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
NA
if u have marriage certificate that is itself is a evidence of marriage. what else u required...!

:)

htcjmd

Star Member
Aug 25, 2011
Delhi, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
IELTS Request
Sent with initial file
But they say officers know... About all sort of ritual marriages..... We being hindu have a proper ritual marriage.... Will that be a considered as inappropriate.

dineshh.786

Aug 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
Doc's Request.
waiting
Nomination.....
PER 30th Oct 2014
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
15-JAN-2015
Med's Done....
19-JAn-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-Mar-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-Mar-2015 received on 7-April-2015
LANDED..........
ASAP
htcjmd said:
But they say officers know... About all sort of ritual marriages..... We being hindu have a proper ritual marriage.... Will that be a considered as inappropriate.
You can go for a court marriage and include your spouse in your application. No issues. one of my friend did the same