Star Member
Apr 10, 2017
USA
App. Filed.......
28-06-2017
AOR Received.
29-06-2017
Hi All!
I received ITA on April 5. I'm at 433 points and cut-off of my draw was 431. I'll turn 30 in May. My PCC might not be ready until June. So, I can't apply for PR while I'm still 29.

My question is will I loose 5 points of age? Should I decline this ITA in hope that next draw would be < 428 and I would still be above cutoff after loosing 5 points for age?

pankaj.chhabra

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
England
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2017
readytosettle said:
Hi All!
I received ITA on April 5. I'm at 433 points and cut-off of my draw was 431. I'll turn 30 in May. My PCC might not be ready until June. So, I can't apply for PR while I'm still 29.

My question is will I loose 5 points of age? Should I decline this ITA in hope that next draw would be < 428 and I would still be above cutoff after loosing 5 points for age?
Hi,

I am almost in the same situation as yours however; if you read your ITA letter carefully, you would find following statement:

NOTE: If you had a birthday since we sent you this invitation, and the change to your age decreases your points total, this will not cause us to refuse your application for permanent residence.

As per the above statement, decrease in points due to birthday is considered fine and not a reason of rejection. Considering this, you should be fine and should go ahead with application like I am..

Please share thoughts, if any..

readytosettle

Star Member
Apr 10, 2017
USA
App. Filed.......
28-06-2017
AOR Received.
29-06-2017
pankaj.chhabra said:
Hi,

I am almost in the same situation as yours however; if you read your ITA letter carefully, you would find following statement:

NOTE: If you had a birthday since we sent you this invitation, and the change to your age decreases your points total, this will not cause us to refuse your application for permanent residence.

As per the above statement, decrease in points due to birthday is considered fine and not a reason of rejection. Considering this, you should be fine and should go ahead with application like I am..

Please share thoughts, if any..
Thanks! That's such a relief! I missed to read this part in letter.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
kewldudex said:
Well. I have a couple of other queries as well, would appreciate any input on these:-

1. My job role span across multiple NOC codes, but for the sake of EE I chose the one which overlaps the most. Now in the reference letter should I mention only the responsibilities related to that Noc or all my responsibilities?

2. Also, I held two designations (with somewhat similar responsibilities) at an employer, should I mention both of them in the same letter or get two different letters?

3. Should I attach other documents like ( joining letter, promotion letter, relieving letter etc) in Single PDF for each employment or the Experience letter in CIC format will suffice?
1.) Mention just the responsibilities related to your NOC to avoid confusion.

2.) Try to get different letters for each designation.

3.) Its optional. You can upload other documents in a single pdf with the reference letter for each employment.

Sweaver

Apr 6, 2017
Hi all, was just wondering how the heck we're supposed to remember all trips abroad we've taken in the last 10 years? That's quite a big ask! Has anyone got any experience requesting that information from the passport services? TIA :) xx

Gauravjit

Mar 3, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sweaver said:
Hi all, was just wondering how the heck we're supposed to remember all trips abroad we've taken in the last 10 years? That's quite a big ask! Has anyone got any experience requesting that information from the passport services? TIA :) xx
For abroad trip, you will have the immigration stamp in your passport. So you can use those dates of entry and exit.

Sweaver

Apr 6, 2017
A good point yes, unfortunately I have had numerous holidays here in Europe and they did not stamp my passport once for any of these, they just scanned it. I only have stamps for my trips outside of Europe. There's no way I could accurately work out all the dates. I guess I will see if I can make a request with the passport services...

pranavchauhan

Mar 7, 2015
Hello all!

Congrats for getting ITA!
I got an ITA as well in 58th draw with CRS score 439.

My question is, 1) what should we write under personal activity when we were on vacation and off from work of particular time period. I am working in Canada and was on vacation and out of canada in Jan and feb 2015. What should I include this under ?

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers!

madhouseontheshore

Star Member
Jul 26, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-08-2017
Passport Req..
23-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2017
Gauravjit said:
For abroad trip, you will have the immigration stamp in your passport. So you can use those dates of entry and exit.
I worked for around a year and half in Singapore and had to frequently travel on project related visits to other countries. On my way out or in to Singapore, each time my passport was electronically tapped, and not stamped. While I have entry and exit stamps from other countries, I used to fly by various airlines with varying flight and transit times and as well as due to time change, I sometimes reached the origin/destination country on the same date, sometimes on the next day. Since I am unsure of the exact dates of multiple entries and exits from Singapore, I am using my best guess. I don't think IRCC is going to check the exact dates and so there shouldn't be any problem. What do you guys think?

paisrinivasnp

Apr 12, 2017
Hi guys,

Filling my application and have a quick query on filling my educational details.. what option should someone with engineering in non cs background select ..

I see computation/IT and general sciences and applied sciences but no engineering stream . Currently selected others

dilipk29

Mar 3, 2016
Hi,

I am having difficultly in getting reference letter from one of my previous employer. The Company is acquired by other company and now the name of the company is different. Please advise.

I have total of 9+years of work experience in IT. I have included all my work experience in Express entry profile. Now that I am having difficulty in getting reference letter for one of my employer, Is it ok to remove that work experience from the PR Application? It is a total of 1.5 years of experience from that company.

Kindly advise.

Thanks,