NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-08-2017
Passport Req..
23-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2017
HiCan said:
I read below that we need to apply only after submitting PR application and when IRCC explicitly asks for it. I am not very sure though.

h t t p://w w w.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/singapore.asp

"Do I need to provide a police certificate with my application for permanent residence? No. We will send you a letter requesting a police certificate after you send your application for permanent residence. You must bring that letter when you apply for a police certificate."
nah. ITA is acceptable by Singapore police and we need to submit every applicable PCC including Singapore's within the 90 day deadline.

lambhoney

Apr 1, 2017
Funkdakarma said:
Hi everyone,

I know I might be banging a well-beaten drum with this question ;D, but how have some of you gotten around getting a letter from their current employer, without letting on too much to them that you are applying for immigration?

Or is there a standard template that needs to be followed regardless?

Thanks guys!

I got lucky I have to travel to Canada on a business trip and apply for a business visa anyway so I have the employer verify employment status addressed to Canadian embassy

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Funkdakarma said:
Hi everyone,

I know I might be banging a well-beaten drum with this question ;D, but how have some of you gotten around getting a letter from their current employer, without letting on too much to them that you are applying for immigration?

Or is there a standard template that needs to be followed regardless?

Thanks guys!
You can tell them that you are planning a trip to Europe and have to apply for a Schengen Tourist Visa and need the letter for that purpose. They want to know about your current job, duties and salary etc.

Your letter needs to mention your designation, start date, salary and job duties.

Good luck!

Bayparc

Star Member
Mar 29, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-05-2017
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Bayparc said:
Hi Guys,
I need a bit of advice & helpful information.
I got my ITA in the last round and I included my family (Wife and 1yr old daughter) in my application. My main problem is that I applied for a passport for my daughter but I won't be able to get a passport for my daughter for another 3months (Foolish and lazy Embassy!!!). I have all the other required documents ready. I am thinking of removing her from the application so I can submit by April ending.
My question is this people if I decide to remove my daughter from the initial PR application, How soon after I receive my PR can I apply for her to join me in Canada provided she has a passport by then.

I know this is personal but any advise would be welcomed.

P.S: Please don't lecture me on good parenting.

Hi,
Maverick and other knowledgeable members on this forum. I really need your input if you can. It is of utmost importance as I don't intend to employ a consultant. Thanks in anticipation.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Bayparc said:
Hi Guys,
I need a bit of advice & helpful information.
I got my ITA in the last round and I included my family (Wife and 1yr old daughter) in my application. My main problem is that I applied for a passport for my daughter but I won't be able to get a passport for my daughter for another 3months (Foolish and lazy Embassy!!!). I have all the other required documents ready. I am thinking of removing her from the application so I can submit by April ending.
My question is this people if I decide to remove my daughter from the initial PR application, How soon after I receive my PR can I apply for her to join me in Canada provided she has a passport by then.

I know this is personal but any advise would be welcomed.

P.S: Please don't lecture me on good parenting.

Hi,
Maverick and other knowledgeable members on this forum. I really need your input if you can. It is of utmost importance as I don't intend to employ a consultant. Thanks in anticipation.
May be this will help you.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/newborn-post-ita-question-regarding-passport-t482967.0.html;msg5899620#msg5899620

madhouseontheshore

Star Member
Jul 26, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-08-2017
Passport Req..
23-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2017
I think rather than removing her from the application, just explain it in LOE. Because spouse and children are added post e-APR only if you get married later or the child is born after you get PPR. There's still a chance, even if it's low, that could receive your daughter's passport before 3 months. Then you are good to go.

However if you don't get it in time, and despite explaining it in LOE you get rejected, the fee you would've paid won't be refunded.

If you are not willing to take that risk and have score in 440s or above, consider declining ITA and aim for draws in late May/ early June.

Bayparc

Star Member
Mar 29, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-05-2017
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Maverick28 said:
May be this will help you.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/newborn-post-ita-question-regarding-passport-t482967.0.html;msg5899620#msg5899620
Thanks Maverick. Very much appreciated

last_try

Feb 14, 2017
guys, I received ITA in 58th draw on 5th april.. my wife's celpip score came online on 4th April (I have email from CELPIP to prove it) and I updated in CIC, with test result date as 4th April.. is this good? or should I report the test result date as the date when I get the hard copy of the results, which I'm yet to get it.

Bayparc

Star Member
Mar 29, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-05-2017
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
madhouseontheshore said:
I think rather than removing her from the application, just explain it in LOE. Because spouse and children are added post e-APR only if you get married later or the child is born after you get PPR. There's still a chance, even if it's low, that could receive your daughter's passport before 3 months. Then you are good to go.

However if you don't get it in time, and despite explaining it in LOE you get rejected, the fee you would've paid won't be refunded.

If you are not willing to take that risk and have score in 440s or above, consider declining ITA and aim for draws in late May/ early June.
Thanks a lot for your input.
I guess I'll have to hope I get her passport before the 3months as I would not like to risk declining or losing my application fee.

HiCan

Mar 29, 2017
madhouseontheshore said:
nah. ITA is acceptable by Singapore police and we need to submit every applicable PCC including Singapore's within the 90 day deadline.
ITA letter does not mention spouse name on it. Any idea whether we can use ITA of main applicant while applying for SG COC ?

Funkdakarma

Jun 7, 2011
Maverick28 said:
You can tell them that you are planning a trip to Europe and have to apply for a Schengen Tourist Visa and need the letter for that purpose. They want to know about your current job, duties and salary etc.

Your letter needs to mention your designation, start date, salary and job duties.

Good luck!
Perfect, thanks!

I do have a colleague in my office, he is my direct line manager (his job title is Research Director), who I can convince to sign for me without too much explanation. Would they consider this valid? Or do I need to have my CEO's signature? Or Administration Manager?

Thanks!

Funkdakarma

Jun 7, 2011
lambhoney said:
I got lucky I have to travel to Canada on a business trip and apply for a business visa anyway so I have the employer verify employment status addressed to Canadian embassy
Nice!