+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

50 points for a job offer

MAIL2SUNDAREEE

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
Will I get 50points even though HR letter doesn't say they will support 1year after PR etc.
you need a new offer letter from your HR to get the 50 points.(with words specified by CIC). you can check format in CIC website
If you claim 50 points without providing the specified format, your PR application will be rejected. (if the Visa Officer deducts 50 points and finds if your CRS is less than cutoff of your draw)

kmsbytes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
Category........
Other
you need a new offer letter from your HR to get the 50 points.(with words specified by CIC). you can check format in CIC website
If you claim 50 points without providing the specified format, your PR application will be rejected. (if the Visa Officer deducts 50 points and finds if your CRS is less than cutoff of your draw)
Thanks. yeah its weird but most people say similar to your point. Let me check with HR. I am checking for some people who have got some letter from HR of some decent companies and share their wording of what HR wrote to support this 1+year thing. This way it will help me to rephrase in some good way for HR to write it comfortably.

As of now, I am able to phrase it like below. But even this doesn't matches the CIC statement of sort of guaranteed job for 1year post PR. I doubt any good company will ever commit this as nobody can give confirmed job for 1.5year to anyone these days.

"As XYZ job is full-time, permanent, indefinite duration job, we would
be happy to see XYZ getting Permanent Resident Visa and would like him
to continue in his current job for 1year after the PR Visa is approved
subjected to the conditions mentioned in the original job offer".

If someone has HR letter please share line of your HR letter which says for 1year job post PR. Thanks a lot.

MAIL2SUNDAREEE

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
I doubt any good company will ever commit this as nobody can give confirmed job for 1.5year to anyone these days.
I guess you are not the first person applying for PR in your company.
Please check with your colleagues or HR. Without those words(expected by CIC), dont take risk.

kmsbytes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
Category........
Other
i checked with colleague who got through PPR stage. He applied in JAn2020 and he didn't faced any issue. But again it might be mood of Visa officer so want to ensure if something can be mentioned by HR which makes it strong. His score was 490+ when cut off was 471. Mine is 473 when cutoff is 445. So both wud have lost ITA if 50 points weren't included.