+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

5 Reasons (mistake) Your Visitor Visa Was Denied

mtausa

Jul 18, 2016
Hellow,

Can you also send me the format of sworn affidavit and if you have format for the invitation latter as well please!

CHANNO

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
Khalsgb said:
1) Misunderstanding the test for issuing a visitor visa

A visitor visa (or temporary resident visa) application is required from citizens of certain countries because the Canadian government considers citizens of those countries are more likely than not to overstay in Canada (that is, there is a risk that they will not return to their home country).

As a result, the primary question in the visa officer's mind when reviewing such an application is this: “Will this person return to his or her own country the visitor visa expires?”

The evidence you submit should help to prove your case that you will return after your visitor visa expires.

There are of course other considerations, such as the ability to support yourself in Canada (which you should prove through bank statements or an invitation letter discussed below), inadmissibility, and so forth.

2) You submitted only the documents on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada checklist

As a recap, here are the documents that CIC requires for a typical visitor visa (though keep in mind documents can vary depending on your location and other circumstances):

- Forms
- Fees
- Photos
- Passport
- Proof of financial support
- Photocopy of your return ticket and/or travel itinerary
- Any additional documents required by the local visa office

Recall the test for issuing a visitor visa in #1, above. Do you think these documents alone will prove your case to the visa officer? Perhaps, but in many cases, perhaps not.

Often, submitting only those documents are not enough to make your case that you will return to your home country after your visit. Generally, it is wise to submit as much evidence as you can beyond the minimum required by CIC.

3)You didn't submit evidence of all of your connections to your home country

Many applicants do not take the time to consider all of their connections to their home country, and the evidence to prove it.

For example, obvious connections are things like property and employment. You should include copies (translated by a certified translator if necessary) of title deeds or lease agreements to property, and detailed employment letters or contracts that identify you as a permanent employee, the length of your employment, your role at the company, and when you are expected to return to your employment.

However, there are other connections that may be persuasive as well. Are you a leader or an active member in a community organization or church? Get evidence of your role and duties. Do you care for aged family members? Again, get evidence of your responsibilities.

Some connections to your country are tough to document, which leads me to reason number 4, below.

4)You didn't submit affidavits to support your application
A sworn affidavit is considered evidence. If you have friends or family who can support your claims of connections to your home country (for example), then you should have them swear affidavits to include with your application.

An affidavit is much more powerful than a simple support letter, as there are legal consequences for swearing a false affidavit, which makes them much more persuasive than support letters.

5)Your invitation letter was not detailed enough

As part of your reasons for coming to Canada, or to show that you'll have food and lodging in Canada, it is wise to get an invitation letter from your relatives (or friends) in Canada to support your application.

However, the letter should not be too brief. It should be detailed and clearly state that this individual will provide free food and lodging (if that is the case) for you during your entire stay in Canada.

It should include your full name and birth date, and also confirm the travel dates that you will be in Canada.

More than that, it is essential that the invitation letter be signed by the individual, and have a contact phone number and address in case CIC wishes to confirm this person's intention.

Like any immigration application, there is no guarantee of success, but avoiding these 5 mistakes will give your application a better chance of success.
Hi

Last year, I applied for TRV to attend convocation of my son and got one year visa. I visited Canada and returned after one month. Now I want to apply again for TRV for Canada. With my last application, I attached employment letter from my employer, bank statement, income tax return and property documents. Should I attach again property documents with this application or not? please suggest

Anhhuy

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
PEQ, CSQ received: Sept.2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2014
AOR Received.
04-10-2014
File Transfer...
in processing 18-2-2015
Med's Request
13-03-2015
Med's Done....
29-6-2015 (repeated X-ray)
Interview........
N/A. Decision made: 17-12-2015.
Passport Req..
15-12-2015. Pass. sent: 17-12-2015.
VISA ISSUED...
29-12-2015. Pass. returned: 31-12-2015
LANDED..........
Fev. 2016
Hello to all,
My daughter want to apply for TRV to visit me and her brother, I have arrived to Canada since Fev.2016 to immigrate. I would like to have your advise that she should declare the purpose of travel is to visit her mother or just as tourism?
Thank you.

Svap

Aug 26, 2016
can you send me the affidavit format on patelsvapnesh89@yahoo.com
i would appreciate,
thanks

masim123

Sep 1, 2016
Khalsgb said:
1) Misunderstanding the test for issuing a visitor visa

A visitor visa (or temporary resident visa) application is required from citizens of certain countries because the Canadian government considers citizens of those countries are more likely than not to overstay in Canada (that is, there is a risk that they will not return to their home country).

As a result, the primary question in the visa officer's mind when reviewing such an application is this: “Will this person return to his or her own country the visitor visa expires?”

The evidence you submit should help to prove your case that you will return after your visitor visa expires.

There are of course other considerations, such as the ability to support yourself in Canada (which you should prove through bank statements or an invitation letter discussed below), inadmissibility, and so forth.

2) You submitted only the documents on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada checklist

As a recap, here are the documents that CIC requires for a typical visitor visa (though keep in mind documents can vary depending on your location and other circumstances):

- Forms
- Fees
- Photos
- Passport
- Proof of financial support
- Photocopy of your return ticket and/or travel itinerary
- Any additional documents required by the local visa office

Recall the test for issuing a visitor visa in #1, above. Do you think these documents alone will prove your case to the visa officer? Perhaps, but in many cases, perhaps not.

Often, submitting only those documents are not enough to make your case that you will return to your home country after your visit. Generally, it is wise to submit as much evidence as you can beyond the minimum required by CIC.

3)You didn't submit evidence of all of your connections to your home country

Many applicants do not take the time to consider all of their connections to their home country, and the evidence to prove it.

For example, obvious connections are things like property and employment. You should include copies (translated by a certified translator if necessary) of title deeds or lease agreements to property, and detailed employment letters or contracts that identify you as a permanent employee, the length of your employment, your role at the company, and when you are expected to return to your employment.

However, there are other connections that may be persuasive as well. Are you a leader or an active member in a community organization or church? Get evidence of your role and duties. Do you care for aged family members? Again, get evidence of your responsibilities.

Some connections to your country are tough to document, which leads me to reason number 4, below.

4)You didn't submit affidavits to support your application
A sworn affidavit is considered evidence. If you have friends or family who can support your claims of connections to your home country (for example), then you should have them swear affidavits to include with your application.

An affidavit is much more powerful than a simple support letter, as there are legal consequences for swearing a false affidavit, which makes them much more persuasive than support letters.

5)Your invitation letter was not detailed enough

As part of your reasons for coming to Canada, or to show that you'll have food and lodging in Canada, it is wise to get an invitation letter from your relatives (or friends) in Canada to support your application.

However, the letter should not be too brief. It should be detailed and clearly state that this individual will provide free food and lodging (if that is the case) for you during your entire stay in Canada.

It should include your full name and birth date, and also confirm the travel dates that you will be in Canada.

More than that, it is essential that the invitation letter be signed by the individual, and have a contact phone number and address in case CIC wishes to confirm this person's intention.

Like any immigration application, there is no guarantee of success, but avoiding these 5 mistakes will give your application a better chance of success.

can you please email me the affidavit format masim@gami.ae

sayadil

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
please send me the format of sworn affidavit as well to abdulkarimwani@gmail.com

however i have this important question.
Hey Guys

I recently filled an Online TRV application for whole family. Through submission i realised nowhere online they ask for uploading supporting documents such as financial Documents or even an Itinerary. Im worried due to this missing visa officer won't just deny the application as there r 5 of us lot of money involved.

Please share your online visa experience. how did you guys attach the financial statements as it did not ask me for it.

I only saw following upload options

Passport copies
travel history
family information
use of representative form
uploading imf form
marriage certificate

optional
uploading letter of explanation
optional Section of IMF form

For other applicants even family history and marriage certificate option too disappeared.

Am I missing something???
please advice. I applied on 1st September. Online wait shows 33 days.

planningtogo

Aug 1, 2011
Bacolod, Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I am here in Canada (not yet a PR/citizen) and my girlfriend is planning to apply for a visitor's visa to come here in Decemeber. The dilemma that we have is that her brother won't give her the invitation letter. We asked our friend to provide the letter instead. Will that be an issue for her application?

Thanks

KamKam

Oct 24, 2016
Guys maybe you can advise me.

My husband is in Canada having a PR but since he has not met his RO yet and the PR card is already expired he cannot sponsor me.

I am trying to apply for a student visa to join him.I already got a college.

I live with my mother and I am the only child.
All my bills are on my name.Do you think this might be a strong case for CIC.

Regards
Kamkam

Khalsgb

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i want to tell everyone that if you want affidavit then you have to go to notary public. ask layer to make affidavit for you. he will type affidavit and put his stamp on it and he will also ask you to sign on it in front of him. so you dont need affidavit format

Rustam123

Star Member
Dec 15, 2014
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28th april 2014
Doc's Request.
15 jan 2015
Nomination.....
18 feb 2014
AOR Received.
05 june 2014
File Transfer...
25 july 2014
Med's Request
13 Feb 2015
Med's Done....
26 Feb 2015 ( 3rd Line updated on 7 March 2015)
Interview........
wavied
Passport Req..
26 march 2015
VISA ISSUED...
14 april 2015
LANDED..........
15 May 2015
Hello Folks !
I know this post is too old and i am just wondering if still someone following here. Actually i need affidavit format if someone kind enough to send me at rustammustafa@gmail.com

devilsofnj

Star Member
Feb 6, 2016
Vancouver Island
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
planningtogo said:
Hi,

I am here in Canada (not yet a PR/citizen) and my girlfriend is planning to apply for a visitor's visa to come here in Decemeber. The dilemma that we have is that her brother won't give her the invitation letter. We asked our friend to provide the letter instead. Will that be an issue for her application?

Thanks
An invite letter is not required but it helps to have one.