+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

4th draw over - 735 points - 1187 invitations...

elfboots

Aug 7, 2014
[quote author=
Young and Brightest Citations:-

1)
"Hon. Claude Carignan (Leader of the Government):Senator, as
you said, we are committed to promoting francophone
immigration across Canada through our permanent
immigration program. Starting on January 1, applications are
to be processed in six months or less, under the Express Entry
program, as you said. It is my understanding that the minister has
taken part in numerous consultations to see how we can attract
the best and brightest francophone immigrants, which will help
Canada meet its workforce and economic needs"

2)

"The Government believes Canada can and should compete actively to attract the best and brightest newcomers to resettle here. That's why we are getting set to treat most immigration applications in a revolutionary new way."

3)

"Our government has made it a priority to enhance Canada's economic immigration system. After years of mismanagement under previous governments, we have cleaned up backlogs and introduced important new programs to better recognize foreign credentials, and attract the very best and brightest to our country."

Peter Mackay is an MP.

Now, nobody is envious of other people getting ITAs.

So if 600 points allows you to sidestep the language testing and education credential assessment, then how do you know where does their education and English proficiency stand? Simply age and one year of Canadian experience gives you enough points to score 135 easily. Just by having a job is the answer which throws the subjective assessment of CRS to the wind.

Look at the LMO stats, and tell me what skilled work do you find there at all. :-

Just a look at the LMO stats will tell you about the 735 score in itself. It is not skilled, but cheap work. Now LMOs should not be discriminated against in EE, but does it not encourage more cheap labor instead? Especially in industries where TFWs were eliminated.

[/quote]

None of your quotes refer to age. It might suit your interests to imagine that people in their 40s are a useless burden on society and have no value to add to Canada. However there are some jobs where having 20 years experience makes you valuable to an employer and skilled at your job - hence applicants having the job offer without education points (as pointed out previously, probably because they didn't need to apply for ECA).

ksiusha

Jul 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cecorpnp said:
Get ready for Job Bank activation folks...!!

As they seem to be running out of LMIA and PNP holders.

They will now bring JOB BANK in to the play!!
Job Bank being activated it doesn't mean that people will get LMIA through it. It is all about the employers who are willing to hire people from overseas...which i really doubt it. Do you think they will hire and go through this long process of six months or longer to hire somebody they don't know?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
ksiusha said:
Job Bank being activated it doesn't mean that people will get LMIA through it. It is all about the employers who are willing to hire people from overseas...which i really doubt it. Do you think they will hire and go through this long process of six months or longer to hire somebody they don't know?
They still will, similar to the cases where they used to bring in people with specialized skills via LMIA and temp work permit. However, its frequency is probably going to be almost the same as skilled temp workers - which is quite low.

Julianasnr

Nov 19, 2014
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can't stop thinking that, once they reach the 400+ range, there will be so many people that, if they keep drawing an average of 1000 people each draw, it might take months until someone in this range can get an ITA...

cecorpnp

Dec 29, 2014
How can u predict they will only hire people from overseas?
Ever individual who does not have LMIA based jobs have/had to create profiles in job bank.. They have more then enough options to hire people working in Canada(mostly CEC qualified)

ksiusha said:

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
cecorpnp said:
How can u predict they will only hire people from overseas?
Ever individual who does not have LMIA based jobs have/had to create profiles in job bank.. They have more then enough options to hire people working in Canada(mostly CEC qualified)
I don't think that hiring would be overseas only. Mostly employers would only be willing to wait that long and go through the process for roles in which there is true shortage, which won't be too many.

This EE + LMIA would probably serve as a replacement of TFW - which as stated before by CIC is the true intent too.

The people already here definitely have an edge to qualify that scenario - so long as they posses skills for which obtaining LMIA is possible.

EEKnowledge

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
elfboots said:
None of your quotes refer to age. It might suit your interests to imagine that people in their 40s are a useless burden on society and have no value to add to Canada. However there are some jobs where having 20 years experience makes you valuable to an employer and skilled at your job - hence applicants having the job offer without education points (as pointed out previously, probably because they didn't need to apply for ECA).
Well your cognitive abilities are not at par as us young guns, looks like. At least CIC thinks you are not suitable, and age is a detriment above 29 years, as CIC points for age decrease rapidly. Also, any industry job asks for maximum of 10-15 years experience. I don't know why you took umbrage at the "young" remark. People in their 28's will have enough experience and will trump 20 years experience and 40's age in the CRS grid.

If job was such an important benchmark, PGWP's have good jobs too, and have trumped candidates in interviews, and earn respectable wages. There is a difference between Engineering work and bean counter work. It takes lot of acumen/study to be an engineer, and not everyone can be engineer/doctor; but everybody on this earth can serve you burger with fries as a side. I don't know why this point is so hard to grasp. How will 40 years of experience in burger flipping help anybody? LMO stats are ample evidence for quality of workers in Canada.

EEKnowledge

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
fkl said:
This EE + LMIA would probably serve as a replacement of TFW - which as stated before by CIC is the true intent too.
Yup. It absolutely is. No wonder you see NOC B codes includes a lot of fluff. Combine this with absymal Human Factors score in EE draws. EE will act as a backdoor entry for TFWs.

irishIan

Star Member
Apr 10, 2013
Human factors score doesnt really matter for this new system....at least at this early point. Canada has the best educated cab drivers and security guards in the world and the fact that highly educated immigrants can only find such work has caused the government to better match the skills gap to the applicants.

15 years ago Canada opened its doors wide to doctors of all nationalities and when these poor families made the expensive transition here they found out that their standards of education were not accepted here in the medical field so they ended up in a worse position than they had ever foreseen.

Canada will not be welcoming engineers and the likes with open arms as there is no real shortage and that they prefer to have young Canadians come through the college system and get those jobs.

The most advertised job in Canada right now is the low wage service sector. And this is where the LMIA's will be coming i think.

It sucks i'm sure but an engineering degree doesn't make you more valuable than a 'lower human factor' for getting residence....

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
irishIan said:
Human factors score doesnt really matter for this new system....at least at this early point. Canada has the best educated cab drivers and security guards in the world and the fact that highly educated immigrants can only find such work has caused the government to better match the skills gap to the applicants.

15 years ago Canada opened its doors wide to doctors of all nationalities and when these poor families made the expensive transition here they found out that their standards of education were not accepted here in the medical field so they ended up in a worse position than they had ever foreseen.

Canada will not be welcoming engineers and the likes with open arms as there is no real shortage and that they prefer to have young Canadians come through the college system and get those jobs.

The most advertised job in Canada right now is the low wage service sector. And this is where the LMIA's will be coming i think.

It sucks i'm sure but an engineering degree doesn't make you more valuable than a 'lower human factor' for getting residence....
I think you don't have updated news, since last year Gov. stopped provide LMO for low wages jobs. It has to be skilled job in order to get LMO/LMIA.

EEKnowledge

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
irishIan said:

Hahahahaha You should be granted Citizenship straightaway and an honorary nobel prize just in case