+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

3 days hotel quarantine

Hurllarh

Star Member
Sep 16, 2020
Does anyone here knows if two people can share the 3 day hotel quarantine if they’re not family? I read on Canada website that it’s allowed for people who are travelling together to share the hotel to reduce cost. Has anyone here done this?

Karan64braaap

Jul 6, 2020
Category........
STUDY
Same household can be roommates.
No. If you’re travelling with a friend or anyone in the same flight, you can quarantine with them. They can’t verify if you’re from the same household. This is confirmed( Called up a few hotels in BC)

Reactions: Sblue

zekkeh

Sep 15, 2019
No. If you’re travelling with a friend or anyone in the same flight, you can quarantine with them. They can’t verify if you’re from the same household. This is confirmed( Called up a few hotels in BC)
'
Can travellers share accommodations? If so, would the price be reduced?
People who live in the same household may stay in the same hotel room if travelling together. Room rate will include base room rate plus an additional fee for each additional person staying in the same room.

'

This is from canada.ca. Naturgrl is right, you cannot share rooms if you're not from the same household.

Karan64braaap

Jul 6, 2020
Category........
STUDY
'
Can travellers share accommodations? If so, would the price be reduced?
People who live in the same household may stay in the same hotel room if travelling together. Room rate will include base room rate plus an additional fee for each additional person staying in the same room.

'

This is from canada.ca. Naturgrl is right, you cannot share rooms if you're not from the same household.
So you believe a text rather than people who actually stayed together? I’ve talked to numerous people and they never faced any problems. In addition to that I’ve called hotels and they are allowing travellers to quarantine together if they’re on the same flight.
You can do what you want but I believe my friends who have completed their quarantine.

zekkeh

Sep 15, 2019
So you believe a text rather than people who actually stayed together? I’ve talked to numerous people and they never faced any problems. In addition to that I’ve called hotels and they are allowing travellers to quarantine together if they’re on the same flight.
You can do what you want but I believe my friends who have completed their quarantine.
i'll believe information from an official website rather than unverifiable anecdotes from people on the internet.

i wasnt planning on sharing accomodation but imo it's better to take advice based on personal anecdotes with a pinch of salt and to err on the side of caution by referring to official information from the website of the canadian government.

Karan64braaap

Jul 6, 2020
Category........
STUDY
i'll believe information from an official website rather than unverifiable anecdotes from people on the internet.

i wasnt planning on sharing accomodation but imo it's better to take advice based on personal anecdotes with a pinch of salt and to err on the side of caution by referring to official information from the website of the canadian government.
To you that might be an anecdote but they’re my friends who recently travelled to Vancouver so I’ll believe my sources and you do you ;)

zekkeh

Sep 15, 2019
To you that might be an anecdote but they’re my friends who recently travelled to Vancouver so I’ll believe my sources and you do you ;)
yeah i mean, do what you think is right, but to other users in the forum here, they dont know your friends nor do they have any way to verify that your friends' stories are true, so they should be more cautious and to just follow the instructions on canada.ca

Karan64braaap

Jul 6, 2020
Category........
STUDY
yeah i mean, do what you think is right, but to other users in the forum here, they dont know your friends nor do they have any way to verify that your friends' stories are true, so they should be more cautious and to just follow the instructions on canada.ca
Everyone here knows not to fully believe anyone and I’m just sharing my opinion. They have to assimilate this information according to their own discretion. If someone wants to strictly follow every guidelines they have issued then go ahead but I’m pointing out an evident loophole. You can even call a few Govt approved hotels if you want and ask them about this.
Nonetheless I’ll be travelling next month so I’m going to share my experience about it

Laguna55

Jul 19, 2020
Everyone here knows not to fully believe anyone and I’m just sharing my opinion. They have to assimilate this information according to their own discretion. If someone wants to strictly follow every guidelines they have issued then go ahead but I’m pointing out an evident loophole. You can even call a few Govt approved hotels if you want and ask them about this.
Nonetheless I’ll be travelling next month so I’m going to share my experience about it
Why would anyone want to share a room with strangers or people you have just met on a flight? If one is worried about saving a few hundred dollars then Canada is not the place to go, choose a country where the cost of living is less.

Karan64braaap

Jul 6, 2020
Category........
STUDY
Why would anyone want to share a room with strangers or people you have just met on a flight? If one is worried about saving a few hundred dollars then Canada is not the place to go, choose a country where the cost of living is less.
Who are you to judge a person if they want to save a few hundred bucks or not. Just because I’ve spend thousands on tuition fees and living expenditure, doesn’t mean I’ll not try to save my financial resources.

Reactions: Tete and t.135

RamSatt

Mar 8, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-12-2020
Med's Done....
15-11-2020
Passport Req..
17-03-2021
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2021
LANDED..........
19-04-2021
I'd rather stay alone, than room with a stranger, at least till the test results come back negative. It's safer to quarantine together for the remaining 11 days than the first 3 days in my opinion.

Reactions: t.135