+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2023 October Common-Law / Spousal Sponsorship (Inland)

Gewornu

Nov 1, 2023
Hello everyone,
I am a December applicant (Applied Dec 3) and got my AOR DEC 22. Today I managed to create my PR tracker account and when checking the status it shows in the top boxes background check and biometrics in progress. But nothing related to that in the vertical timeline, is that normal? Just thinking they started background quite fast as I don't even have BIL yet.
Yes it is very normal

Gewornu

Nov 1, 2023
Able to link an inland spousal sponsorship application to GCkey, and also able to see a file number but no AOR email yet, what could it mean?
Call IRCC to ask them about the status of your application and tell them that you have not received your AOR.
You can call them using this number 1-888-242-2100, When you call,
1. wait for the initial prompt to finish then press 2,
2. wait, as soon as the next prompt starts Press 3220. (Do not press it before the prompt starts)
3. Try to call in the morning or before closing time.

colgate1

Star Member
Jul 1, 2023
I only have biometrics requested. Thats's all.
No medical, eligibility, background, etc. have started yet.

colgate1

Star Member
Jul 1, 2023
Able to link an inland spousal sponsorship application to GCkey, and also able to see a file number but no AOR email yet, what could it mean?
Thats a good sign you were able to link your application to gc.

I would wait until next week Wednesday for AOR.
It should arrive soon.

manda2023

Aug 22, 2023
Hi guys, happy new year!

What are your thoughts on the SIN number? Is it worth it to apply as temporary resident or should I wait until PR? I read that the number changes once your become a permanent resident

amanya47

Oct 18, 2023
IRCC is utilizing advanced analytics to approve such faster; however the triaging is random . I see late application approval and few older ones waiting.. [IRCC = Mystery]...
I agree, you can't tell how it goes it's different for each case I see. Nothing to do but wait

tb16

Sep 30, 2021
BC
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello,

Planning to lodge a common law application (inland) in February 2024, we're officially living together for 1 year on January 20, 2024 but have been in a relationship for 11 years.
Any advice on additional documents that's not required but can be added to make the case stronger?

Thank you all in advance and wishing all of you the best!

Last edited:

Master5678

Star Member
May 11, 2023
Inland applicant. Been a month since Bil. Haven't heard anything on medical request or eligibility. Should I start to worry?

Good thing is that biometrics have been marked completed on tracker.

sidhuripudaman

Star Member
Sep 4, 2019
Hello everyone,
Since you guys have been through this part already just wondering when I can expect BIL?
Applied Dec 3, AOR Dec 22.