+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2023 October Common-Law / Spousal Sponsorship (Inland)

manda2023

Aug 22, 2023
Hi everyone,

Updating the timeline for reference:

Spouse Inland
Submitted October 7th, 2023
AOR: November 8th, 2023
BIL: November 21st, 2023
MIL: done in the past
Biometrics completed: December 5th, 2023
Eligibitily completed: December 5th, 2023.
Background verification: in progress
OWP approval: December 15th, 2023
AIP / SA: December 18th, 2023
Work permit mail: December 21st, 2023.

Master5678

Star Member
May 11, 2023
You mean after giving biometrics or receiving BIL? I got BIL on 12/7 and completed it on 12/20. No medical request yet.
Ah okay. Yup i meant have you received medical request, which i guess you haven't either. Seems odd its taking this long to receive it.

Grey grey

Sep 22, 2023
Ah okay. Yup i meant have you received medical request, which i guess you haven't either. Seems odd its taking this long to receive it.
Haven't heard anything for more than 2 weeks after BIL. I initially thought they were waiting for me to complete biometrics to send the medical request, but I saw others getting medical or even eligibility passed before giving biometrics. I'm a little worried too. Or maybe it's just the holiday season.

Master5678

Star Member
May 11, 2023
Haven't heard anything for more than 2 weeks after BIL. I initially thought they were waiting for me to complete biometrics to send the medical request, but I saw others getting medical or even eligibility passed before giving biometrics. I'm a little worried too. Or maybe it's just the holiday season.
Same. I submitted bio 8/12. Updated on tracker and gckey that its completed but nothing since. Havent heard anything. Maybe we have the same case officer and they must have clocked out till the new year lol

Grey grey

Sep 22, 2023
Same. I submitted bio 8/12. Updated on tracker and gckey that its completed but nothing since. Havent heard anything. Maybe we have the same case officer and they must have clocked out till the new year lol
Yeah possible. My GCKey got updated to biometrics completed but my tracker didn't. I guess things are halted for now.

Grey grey

Sep 22, 2023
Hi guys, I have a question about maintaining status while waiting for PR - can I still apply for visitor record extension if I have less than 30 days left in my current record? I know the government advises to do it when having more than 30 days, but wonder if it's a hard requirement. Thanks!

Gewornu

Nov 1, 2023
Hi guys, I have a question about maintaining status while waiting for PR - can I still apply for visitor record extension if I have less than 30 days left in my current record? I know the government advises to do it when having more than 30 days, but wonder if it's a hard requirement. Thanks!
Yes you can renew your status. I will suggest that you apply for open work permit and if you answer the questions truthfully if will provide you with both work permit and temporal visa extension forms in one application.

Grey grey

Sep 22, 2023
Yes you can renew your status. I will suggest that you apply for open work permit and if you answer the questions truthfully if will provide you with both work permit and temporal visa extension forms in one application.
I applied for OWP a few weeks ago. I haven't decided if I should also apply for a visitor record extension just in case anything goes wrong with the OWP.

sidhuripudaman

Star Member
Sep 4, 2019
Hello everyone,
I am a December applicant (Applied Dec 3) and got my AOR DEC 22. Today I managed to create my PR tracker account and when checking the status it shows in the top boxes background check and biometrics in progress. But nothing related to that in the vertical timeline, is that normal? Just thinking they started background quite fast as I don't even have BIL yet.