+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2023 October Common-Law / Spousal Sponsorship (Inland)

ChinaLeon

Mar 6, 2024
Applied: September 29th
Asked to resubmit IMM5669E due to gaps: October 30th
Sent in IMM5669E: October 30th
Received AOR: October 31st
Biometric request: Nov 27th
Biometric submitted: Nov 28th
Old medical report used and passed: Dec 8th
Eligibility completed: Dec 22
Pre-arrival service: Dec 23rd
AIP email: January 10th
Second AIP email: January 30th
Background check: In progress
I am wondering:
If you used an outdated Med on December 8, would your PR visa expire earlier? Isn't the PR only good for a year after your medical?
In that situation, your PR visa does not expire on December 8, 2024, correct?

wchristenw

Nov 22, 2023
Applied October 3rd
AOR Received Nov 2nd
Biometrics requested Nov 24th
Medical requested Nov 28th
Biometrics received Dec 5th
Medical completed Dec 14th
Eligibility completed Jan 4th
Pre-Arrival Letter received Jan 5th
AIP 1: Received Jan 10th
AIP 2: Received Jan 30th
Background check: In Progress
Ghost update on new Tracker: March 18th.

I got a ghost update March 18, which I hope means my application is moving! Did anyone else get a ghost update?

Whisperingleo

Dec 1, 2023
Applied: 28 Aug
Returned For incomplete Docs: Oct 5
Reapplied : Oct 6
AOR : Nov 6
Biometric instruction letter: Nov 22
Biometric Completed : Nov 23
Medical Request: Nov 24
Pre Arrival Letter : Nov 29
SA/PA Eligibility letter received Dec 4.
Tracker still says eligibility is being reviewed.
and radio silence after that. No news yet. Am I Missing something?

mball

Jan 11, 2024
what exactly is an AIP ?? Some seem to say the SA/PA eligibility approval is an AIP.
Confused, I am.
It’s a letter the applicant gets after their eligibility is completed basically saying you are Approved in Principle but a final decision will be made after everything else is complete. I really wanted to get this because you can get health care after you get your AIP. I’m pregnant so I’ve been waiting a while to get this. I’m literally SO relieved!

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
It’s a letter the applicant gets after their eligibility is completed basically saying you are Approved in Principle but a final decision will be made after everything else is complete. I really wanted to get this because you can get health care after you get your AIP. I’m pregnant so I’ve been waiting a while to get this. I’m literally SO relieved!
That sure is great news and a big relieve for you. :)
Congrats!

tb16

Sep 30, 2021
BC
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Just curious, what would the AIP letter say? We just recently got our SA and PA.

manda2023

Aug 22, 2023
Hi guys,

Anyone from October received the eCOPR yet? I got the AIP/SA letter in December 18th and after that, nothing moved at all. I think I saw Nov applicants getting their eCOPR and I'm starting to get a little worried.

Background still in progress.

beautifullyk

Apr 14, 2023
Hi guys,

Anyone from October received the eCOPR yet? I got the AIP/SA letter in December 18th and after that, nothing moved at all. I think I saw Nov applicants getting their eCOPR and I'm starting to get a little worried.

Background still in progress.
Background check has been in progress for us since December, it’s honestly a little frustrating because there doesn’t seem to be any order or reason behind who is getting approved. We originally chose inland because they were processing faster and now we are seeing Outland applications being processed in as short as 4months, it’s really upsetting at this point.

Reactions: manda2023

rlg05

Aug 14, 2023
Background check has been in progress for us since December, it’s honestly a little frustrating because there doesn’t seem to be any order or reason behind who is getting approved. We originally chose inland because they were processing faster and now we are seeing Outland applications being processed in as short as 4months, it’s really upsetting at this point.
I don't think many outland applications have been processed in that time frame. That would be extremely rare. They're still working on Sept apps and if you look at the estimated time, its 8 months. We are well within that, and they're getting to our applications. We could be waiting years...6 months isn't that long. If you check the spreadsheet, they've got a huge chunk of Sept inland processed, so it's fine.

beautifullyk

Apr 14, 2023
I don't think many outland applications have been processed in that time frame. That would be extremely rare. They're still working on Sept apps and if you look at the estimated time, its 8 months. We are well within that, and they're getting to our applications. We could be waiting years...6 months isn't that long. If you check the spreadsheet, they've got a huge chunk of Sept inland processed, so it's fine.
Oh yeah I’ve seen lots of people who have waited much longer, I’ve just been seeing a lot of Outland ones get processed super fast in the Facebook group I’m in - so I’m definitely a little jealous haha. But thanks for the info, it’s good to know they’re getting through the September ones!

manda2023

Aug 22, 2023
Do you have the link to the spreadsheet pls?