+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2023 October Common-Law / Spousal Sponsorship (Inland)

kaynil

Jan 29, 2024
Oh okay i just recieved a portal email but without username and password. i am wondering if they will be sending it?

Oct 20, 2023
Hi,

Could I please ask, how did you receive your Medical request? Was that by email or post?

Just asking because my online application status tracker says they sent my request on Feb 7th. I have not received anything via email, nor has my sponsor (spouse). I'm not sure if I'm waiting for something in the post or whether I need to contact someone about not receiving the request.

Thanks for any info!
My partner (the applicant) received it through the email we used to apply! I’m not sure how the online checker works because we haven’t had luck getting it to, but definitely submit a request or try to call IRCC if the gckey doesn’t work.

Gewornu

Nov 1, 2023
Oh okay i just recieved a portal email but without username and password. i am wondering if they will be sending it?
The username and password is the same ones you used to create the PR portal. That is where you submitted the PR application. So go back to the PR portal where you submitted the application. That is the portal.

Gewornu

Nov 1, 2023
Applied: September 29th
Asked to resubmit IMM5669E due to gaps: October 30th
Sent in IMM5669E: October 30th
Received AOR: October 31st
Biometric request: Nov 27th
Biometric submitted: Nov 28th
Old medical report used and passed: Dec 8th
Eligibility completed: Dec 22
Pre-arrival service: Dec 23rd
AIP email: January 10th
Second AIP email: January 30th
Background check: In progress

Reactions: alexandria.pankratz

sbaig_27

Sep 5, 2019
Hello Everyone,
Does anyone know the validity of the OWP? Is it for a standard period of time or depends from case to case? I have heard it is valid for atleast 2 years, giving IRCC sufficient time to process the sponsorship application.

bluefire

Jan 10, 2024
Hello Everyone,
Does anyone know the validity of the OWP? Is it for a standard period of time or depends from case to case? I have heard it is valid for atleast 2 years, giving IRCC sufficient time to process the sponsorship application.
It is valid for 2 years or your passport expiry if it expires earlier than 2 years.

For example, if your passport expires in 2025, then your OWP will expire the same time as passport, also in 2025.

Otherwise, it would be for 2 years.

Reactions: sbaig_27

sbaig_27

Sep 5, 2019
It is valid for 2 years or your passport expiry if it expires earlier than 2 years.

E.g. passport expires in 2025, then your OWP will expire the same time as passport in 2025.
Otherwise, it would be for 2 years.
@bluefire thank you for the response. In the unlikely event that the processing of the spousal application is taking a long time and the OWP is expiring, can we get it extended/renewed?

beautifullyk

Apr 14, 2023
Medical marked complete 24 Feb

Background check remaining and I am done!
I’m so confused how everything works at this point haha. We applied just 5 days before you, and received AIP/SA and pre-arrival in December, we’ve also submitted everything but the only thing marked complete is eligibility. Going to manifest your good luck and hope we see some movement on our application as well!

Reactions: Master5678

Master5678

Star Member
May 11, 2023
I’m so confused how everything works at this point haha. We applied just 5 days before you, and received AIP/SA and pre-arrival in December, we’ve also submitted everything but the only thing marked complete is eligibility. Going to manifest your good luck and hope we see some movement on our application as well!
What about biometrics and medical?

Mia233

Feb 23, 2022
Applied: October 30
Received AOR: Nov 25
Biometric request: Dec 04
Biometric complete: Dec 07
Eligibility completed: Dec 11
Medical request: Feb 06
Medical completed: Feb 15

Reactions: alexandria.pankratz

Shivani1998

Sep 24, 2019
Applied: October 30
Received AOR: Nov 25
Biometric request: Dec 04
Biometric complete: Dec 07
Eligibility completed: Dec 11
Medical request: Feb 06
Medical completed: Feb 15

my timeline is exactly like yours. Did u get any update mine is still in background check