+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2022 PR application timeline

May 7, 2021
Hey, I had the same timeline (WP exp. Mar24 & PR 1st portal email in Dec.) and I applied to renew my WP In Oct '23 for the same reasons mentioned above (pending SIN expiry & uncertainty around the PR timeline).

I received a request for biometrics in Nov '23, and received my new work permit at the end of december/2 weeks ago. It was renewed for ~2yrs.
Thank you for your response.
Yeah sure I would renew it, as with their snail speed we can't say when we'll get our PR, so no harm in renewing it again

Reactions: ref19to22

May 7, 2021
Could someone please give some insight about the 2nd portal, what it will be, and all the family members will get the separate email(like the 1st portal) or only principle applicant will get that email ?

Reactions: HumanityFirst786

HumanityFirst786

Star Member
Nov 3, 2023
Could someone please give some insight about the 2nd portal, what it will be, and all the family members will get the separate email(like the 1st portal) or only principle applicant will get that email ?
Did you got 1st portal email on principal applicant email or also on the dependents email. What was the first portal email about can you tell me please?

May 7, 2021
Did you got 1st portal email on principal applicant email or also on the dependents email. What was the first portal email about can you tell me please?
In the first portal they ask bunch of questions e.g. your height, eye colour, date of entry in Canada etc... you simply have to reply back with those answers

Reactions: HumanityFirst786

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
hi, i just received the 2nd portal email finally. my processing office is etobicoke/mississauga i believe.

the subject of the email was

PR Portal (PR confirmation) - New Case Created Under Your Account | Portail RP (confirmation RP) - nouveau dossier créé dans votre compte

i guess i had created an a account at some point in the past so i just used those credentials to log in and confirm my address and submit my photo.

for dependants my common law partner is in india (she was on my refugee&pr application) so our applications were split at some point with hers going to the Dehli office (ie. i was never able to see her application through MY ircc account). no updates on her application, from ATIP i can see they sent her application to Delhi in Sept 2023.

hope this helps.

Moe_2023

Star Member
Jun 30, 2023
hi, i just received the 2nd portal email finally. my processing office is etobicoke/mississauga i believe.

PR Portal (PR confirmation) - New Case Created Under Your Account | Portail RP (confirmation RP) - nouveau dossier créé dans votre compte

i guess i had created an a account at some point in the past so i just used those credentials to log in and confirm my address and submit my photo.

for dependants my common law partner is in india (she was on my refugee&pr application) so our applications were split at some point with hers going to the Dehli office (ie. i was never able to see her application through MY ircc account). no updates on her application, from ATIP i can see they sent her application to Delhi in Sept 2023.

hope this helps.
Hi,
Congratulations. Please share your timeline

Moe_2023

Star Member
Jun 30, 2023
Please share your timeline.

Captain911

Jan 31, 2023

hope this helps.
Congratulations. So they mentioned about thats not way to create account before 2nd email and they should create. If we create account process takes longer they said in first email. But you created before they sent second email. And you got second portal today so it looks like creating account before they do is good idea. Isnt it?

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
Thanks everyone, my timeline is in my signature. The only thing missing is that I requested GCMS notes in Dec 2023 before the 1st portal email (by 1 week maybe).

I created my PR portal details last year by mistake to be honest, when I had no update about my PR application.

I personally would not recommend creating your own PR Portal account, as ppl who got their PR and IRCC agents have told me that the agent/IRCC will send the details. Of course, you should do as you see fit and the decision is yours if you want to.

I hope things keep moving for everyone!

Reactions: Captain911

May 7, 2021

hope this helps.
Many congratulations my friend!
So happy for you and all the best for your future life in Cananda..

HumanityFirst786

Star Member
Nov 3, 2023
I am waiting on first PR portal email and want to ask, which email should I give when they ask me. I think people who give same email from which they apply pr online takes more time than if you give new similar email address. I applied for pr online using pr online portal. Thank you for your help. May we all get PR soon.